Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Fleetwood Mac -- Minneapolis, MN -- September 30th, 2014
The Story So Far -- Lawrence, KS -- September 30th, 2014
Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014
Crowbar -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 28th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 04-21-2011, 09:04 AM
PC Load Letter? What the fuck does that mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leglessmoof View Post
I really hope I get White Walls tomorrow
Old 04-21-2011, 09:35 AM
Meh.

I missed them at Mayhem Fest in 09, but had the chance to see them at NEMHF last year. For some reason I couldn't get into them, despite the fact that I've been a fan for years. Hopefully it'll be different at SS.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:10 AM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrocute1031 View Post
Saw Job at Metal Fest They seem to get better with every live performance i see them at, first time was at Gigantour in 2008 and wasn't that impressed. However now they have Tony from Cadaveryne playing with them which is pretty sick.
Thanks for the info! I was wondering who the new guitar player was. I agree, I've seen them 3x, first time was at Mayhem '09. Wasn't a big fan of theirs back then, but I wasn't all that impressed. Both shows this week I was happy w/ their performance.

11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm (?)
11/25-Slayer (?)
Old 04-21-2011, 10:50 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

I agree 100% on how you feel about JFAC, hellawaits. Ruination was a fantastic album, and definitely NOT deathcore. Its kind of funny how it turned out, since they were the band that pretty much started deathcore with Doom, then immediately changed styles. My only gripe with them is that I find Johnny to be an annoying vocalist, and he is screaming too much in the music. I think he needs to give the riffs some time to breathe like other death metal bands do, rather than a constant sputtering of vocals over the riffs like other deathcore bands.

I'm really looking forward to the new EP, hopefully it builds upon the style of Ruination and brings back some shredding solos. I loved how Ruination had guitars tuned to only D-standard, none of this 7-string shit. Hopefully they can do a good headlining tour after, with some good death metal bands as support (*cough*REVOCATION*cough*).

Again, pissed I have to miss this tour this weekend. I really want to see all 3 bands. At least Cephalic Carnage wasn't playing at my date, or I would have to kill myself for missing out.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Its kind of funny how it turned out, since they were the band that pretty much started deathcore with Doom, then immediately changed styles. My only gripe with them is that I find Johnny to be an annoying vocalist, and he is screaming too much in the music. I think he needs to give the riffs some time to breathe like other death metal bands do, rather than a constant sputtering of vocals over the riffs like other deathcore bands.

I'm really looking forward to the new EP, hopefully it builds upon the style of Ruination and brings back some shredding solos. .
Definately! But at the same time, I give them credit : They KNEW they could continue making deathcore albums (and you're right - they along w/ All Shall Perish are pretty much responsible for "modern" deathcore), and probably sell a ton more albums. But they're doing what they like, and that's great.

About the solos, check out the vid I posted of the new song. Pretty good solo in that one.

11/25-Slayer (?)

Last edited by hellawaits77ny; 04-21-2011 at 09:28 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:08 PM
N00B

The new song great!
Old 04-21-2011, 04:15 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
I agree 100% on how you feel about JFAC, hellawaits. Ruination was a fantastic album, and definitely NOT deathcore. Its kind of funny how it turned out, since they were the band that pretty much started deathcore with Doom, then immediately changed styles. My only gripe with them is that I find Johnny to be an annoying vocalist, and he is screaming too much in the music. I think he needs to give the riffs some time to breathe like other death metal bands do, rather than a constant sputtering of vocals over the riffs like other deathcore bands.

I'm really looking forward to the new EP, hopefully it builds upon the style of Ruination and brings back some shredding solos. I loved how Ruination had guitars tuned to only D-standard, none of this 7-string shit. Hopefully they can do a good headlining tour after, with some good death metal bands as support (*cough*REVOCATION*cough*).

Again, pissed I have to miss this tour this weekend. I really want to see all 3 bands. At least Cephalic Carnage wasn't playing at my date, or I would have to kill myself for missing out.
Job has brought out amazing support on their past couple headlining tours (Cattle Decapitation,Skeletonwitch,Gaza,Revocation,Misery Index etc) and I would expect more of the same on their next one.

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 04-21-2011, 06:30 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
Job has brought out amazing support on their past couple headlining tours (Cattle Decapitation,Skeletonwitch,Gaza,Revocation,Misery Index etc) and I would expect more of the same on their next one.
Job, Cattle Decap, Skeletontits, Revocation- perfect concert combination. You could take out Job, and it would still be perfect.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
Yeah Man, I was sorta outta the concert loop during their last tour. I really regret not seeing them w/ Misery Index + Skeletonwitch. Big Misery Index fan. Not the biggest S-Witch fan, but I can definately deal w/ them as an opener.

11/25-Slayer (?)

Tags
job for a cowboy