High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 04-16-2011, 04:48 AM
Lead Singer of Atlas

Iron Maiden -- Sunrise, FL -- April 16th, 2011

Set will come out later this evening.

Already the place is buzzing and it's gonna be a rocking show for sure. Nicko and friend's jammed last night at Rock n Roll Ribs to a "sold out" parking lot!

Andy Taylor and Rod Smallwood were there.

Minor McBrain Damage:
Flight Of Icarus
Smoke On The Water
Wasted Years
Number Of The Beast
Run To The Hills

Iron Maiden:
1. Satellite 15...The Final Frontier
2. El Dorado
3. 2 Minutes to Midnight
4. The Talisman
5. Coming Home
6. Dance of Death
7. The Trooper
8. The Wicker Man
9. Blood brothers
10. When the Wild Wind Blows
11. The Evil That Men Do
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden
Encore:
14. Number of the Beast
15. Hallowed be Thy Name
16. Running Free

So I headed down Friday morning, and sat around the Ft. Lauderdale airport. I was asking around to see if anyone who worked there knew where it would be coming in, what terminal, but no one had the slightest about it even existing... Finally someone told me to try the Private Jet terminal on the other end, so I did and they knew nothing. DAMN... So I try another building and inside was a team installing new smoke detectors and training the local Fire Department on what the new signals meant and such, and one of the guys working saw my shirt and said "MAN! Tomorrow night! Can't wait, gonna be killer!" so I tell him that they are actually landing today, in 30 minutes in fact, so he calls all his fellow employees and boss to come down and we are all excited and watching the skies.

Just on cue, 3:26pm EST, there it is!!! ED FORCE ONE! So glorious! So I said my goodbyes and rushed to the other end where they were unloading. I filmed a few members leaving the plane and what not, then decided to leave for Rock n Roll Ribs. Just as I did a black SUV pulls out in front of me, and wouldn't you know... IT'S NICKO! So I follow him back to his place of business and got him to sign my vinyl and just shoot the shit; the guy remembered me from the last 5 meetings too cool! So I head back to the hotel and decided to call it a night.

I wake up 9:30am to watch Chelsea beat west Brom 3-1 and then headed to the airport again, but this time for IrritatedTrout. Finally got him and then headed to the Miami airport to pick up Rjturtle9. Got him and then headed up to the venue to meet up with my girlfriend and Jeremysaal and Es156. Got there fairly early, which didn't matter because there were 270 FTTB... Ungodly... I'm not gonna go on how fucked up it is to give the Fan Club trip FTTB and leave it open to win, and then split the line to that FC Trip FTTB goes in before people who won it... Overall they fucked up on that one, and as you will read in the Tampa review, they didn't split the line and you went according to when you actually got there. Proper. Before they opened doors our group went across the street to the Mall to get a bit of food beforehand. I checked my email and what did it read... CONGRATS FTTB TAMPA! FUCKING RIGHT!!! I turned and asked IrritatedTrout if he got it, and sure enough he did too!!!! Too cool! Tomorrow was gonna be amazing!!! Back to the venue and start the long wait...

So ticketless system fucked me, again... The FC Pre-sale was fucked up so I was only able to buy one GA ticket at a time, which meant when I went to go and get the tickets at the door, the fact they were on two tickets were on two separate orders meant the printer couldn't process it... Sick... So I get there when there are only 15 people, and now I have to rush with my girlfriend to the Box Office help window and settle it out... Neat-o... Got it sorted, my girlfriend headed down to the floor to meet up with the other board members while I decided to brave the storm that was the Merch table. I bought 4 event shirts, one for me, girlfriend, and two for IrritatedTrout. Now if you don't like the shirt, blow it out your ass and move on. I love it, it works for the state, because living in Florida, people play golf. I like golf, my dad likes golf, Florida likes golf, so it's a no brainer really.

So the opening band was Black Tide, and they fucking tore it up, in the worst way. They started with a cover of Hit The Lights, and then proceeded with what seemed like 20 minutes of god awful new songs they ranged from "this one is about being true to yourself" to "This one goes out to all the cheaters and liars! And anyone who has a girlfriend on the side!", needless to say it was pathetic. Oh, I forgot to mention they tried a wall of death... didn't happen and they got all hot and bothered; "HOW DARE YOU NOT ACCEPT MY OVER GAGED EARS AND FAGGOTRY!!!!!"

To some of the show, awesome... no crush, no nonsense, and overall a good time! The night ended with an Adrian pick in my hand, making the night that much more special... 1st item ever caught. IrritatedTrout got a drum stick, and Turtle got a pick from Murray I believe.

After the gig I took IrritatedTrout to Rock n Roll Ribs so he could get a look see of what it was like on the outside, it was closed. We then headed 2 and a half hours north to my girlfriend's house where we finally got to bed around 3:30am... Tomorrow was Tampa, and I had a funny feeling.

Left to right: IrritatedTrout, Turtle, ES, girlfriend, myself, Jeremy. Can't remember the other guys name!!! One in the back.

Last edited by Butcher of Birth; 04-18-2011 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Maidenmagic is a faggot, Post Review.
Old 04-16-2011, 06:12 AM
N00B

Maiden's set
Intro: Doctor Doctor/Satellite 15
1. The Final Frontier
2. El Dorado
3. 2 minutes to midnight
4. The talisman
5. Coming home
6. Dance of Death
7. The trooper
8. The Wicker man
9. Blood brothers
10. When the wild wind blows
11. The evil that men do
12. Fear of the dark
13. Iron Maiden
Encore:
14. Number of the beast
15. Hallowed be thy name
16. Running Free.
Sorry to spoil it for you but Maiden don't really change their sets on a nightly basis. (Although they drop/move songs around the first couple of dates.)
I find it interesting that Mcbrain Damage can play Flight of Icarus but Maiden can't. Steve has to make peace with that song.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:21 AM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidenmagic View Post
I find it interesting that Mcbrain Damage can play Flight of Icarus but Maiden can't. Steve has to make peace with that song.
Flight of Icarus is my favorite Maiden song
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 04-16-2011, 07:47 AM
N00B

SO EXCITED!!!!! First time seeing Maiden ! Ill be the brown kid with long hair wearing a Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour shirt.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:41 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterguy49 View Post
SO EXCITED!!!!! First time seeing Maiden ! Ill be the brown kid with long hair wearing a Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour shirt.
70% of the maiden crowd^ lolz
Old 04-16-2011, 09:12 AM
When will Jesus bring the pork chops?

Lucky FLA, getting the only US dates. I love that picture. Is that the shirt? I think ill oreder one, and tell everyone I was there
Old 04-16-2011, 11:52 AM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaysWithKnives View Post
Lucky FLA, getting the only US dates. I love that picture. Is that the shirt? I think ill oreder one, and tell everyone I was there
It's not the shirt because it says "design by Ktron". He's a member of Maiden forums who started up a super amazing site dedicated to Maiden wallpaper and puts up some of his own creations as well.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:14 PM
When will Jesus bring the pork chops?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzbear2000 View Post
It's not the shirt because it says "design by Ktron". He's a member of Maiden forums who started up a super amazing site dedicated to Maiden wallpaper and puts up some of his own creations as well.
Nice. That's some pretty cool stuff
Old 04-16-2011, 04:32 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterguy49 View Post
Couldn't get a Maiden shirt?
Old 04-16-2011, 08:16 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidenmagic View Post
Couldn't get a Maiden shirt?
I wanted to be different. Too bad there were still like 5 people wearing the same shirt as me.

But holy fuck, I'm speechless. That was..... I dont even know what to say. I'll try to think of words tomorrow, but idk. Same setlist we've seen, nothing new. There were some mosh pits too, which surprised me. I got a video of Hallowed Be Thy Name, which I'll try to put up later. My whole body hurts, I'm going to go to sleep now.

Tags
iron maiden