Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014
Crowbar -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 28th, 2014
Saviours -- San Francisco, CA -- September 27th, 2014
Styx -- Peachtree City, GA -- September 27th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 03-28-2011, 09:14 PM
N00B

Stone Sour -- Bloomington, IL -- March 28th, 2011

This was the Avalanche Tour at the U.S. Cellular Coliseum in Bloomington, Illinois. I only have a set for Stone Sour since they were the only band I was there to see and the only band there that I listen to. I had second row on the right side of the stage the entire show. I'll do a short review of the other bands:

-Art of Dying: They were a decent opener. I think they have potential to be a pretty famous radio rock band, even though they currently have a few popular songs. They had good energy.

-Halestorm: I think they were the second best band of the night. The female lead singer has a great voice, and some of their stuff was heavier than I thought it would be. The drummer, and brother of the singer, was crazy. He was jumping around, throwing sticks, and he broke his snare twice. They did a great cover of Slave to the Grind by Skid Row. I also caught a pic from the bass player.

-Skillet: They were alright (musically) but their stage presence was awesome. They had explosions (of smoke) and platforms that raised their guitarists 20 feet into the air.

-Theory of a Deadman: They were the only band besides Stone Sour that I kind of knew. I refuse to listen to the radio now-a-days and I know they get a lot of radio play. I recognized 3 songs (So Happy, Bad Girlfriend, and Hate My Life). They did a decent cover of Cocaine by Clapton as well. BUT... I hated them. My friend who went with me agrees, it may have been the most boring set I've ever seen. It just seemed like they lacked energy. They used a backing track for some songs like So Happy. The lead singer had a lot of failed attempts at jokes as well.

Now for the reason I came, STONE SOUR!!! They were great. I've seen Slipknot twice, but never Stone Sour. I've been a huge fan for at least 4 years and I absolutely love the new album. Here's the set:

1. Mission Statement
2. Reborn
3. Digital
4. Dying
5. Hesitate
6. Made of Scars
7. Say You'll Haunt Me
8. Unfinished
9. Bother
10. Through the Glass
11. Get Inside
12. 30-30/150

It is pretty similar to the first two shows of the tour except that they switched Blotter and Tumult (which I was excited to see) with Unfinished and Get Inside. That's fine though because Unfinished is one of my favorite songs off of the new album and they have to play Get Inside at every show in my opinion. I caught a pic from Jim Root which was awesome. I liked the set but I think they played way too many of their popular songs (probably to expose the band to the fans of the first 4 bands). I think they should have taken out two of the softer songs because there were a lot, and replaced them with Nylon 6/6, Bitter End, or Comewhatever May. Highlights were Mission Statement, Reborn, Made of Scars, Unfinished, Get Inside, and 30-30/150.

Last edited by x-voltage; 03-28-2011 at 09:17 PM.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:16 AM
N00B

I am going on Wed. What time did Stone Sour start playing? Looks like they only played an hour. Thats bs for being the headliner. I have seen Theory 2 times before, both with Motley Crue and they were terrible both times. One of the worst live bands ever, and its not like they have good music.
Tom Petty
Louder than Life Fest
ADTR/BMTH
Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
Old 03-29-2011, 07:33 AM
N00B

Hahaha, I'm glad that someone agrees with me about Theory of a Deadman. They suck live!!! Stone Sour went on at about 9:50-10:00. Somewhere in that range. I believe they played to about 11:00 or a little after.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:39 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-voltage View Post
Hahaha, I'm glad that someone agrees with me about Theory of a Deadman. They suck live!!! Stone Sour went on at about 9:50-10:00. Somewhere in that range. I believe they played to about 11:00 or a little after.
Yeah, I am going mostly for Stone Sour and Halestorm. I do want to see how good Skillet is live, everyone says they are awesome. And they have a really hot drummer.
Tom Petty
Louder than Life Fest
ADTR/BMTH
Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
Old 03-29-2011, 01:33 PM
N00B

Halestorm was pretty good, lots of energy. Skillet's drummer was pretty hot and had a good voice. The rhythm guitar player is a girl too and she is about 3 feet tall.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:40 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-voltage View Post
Halestorm was pretty good, lots of energy. Skillet's drummer was pretty hot and had a good voice. The rhythm guitar player is a girl too and she is about 3 feet tall.
Yeah, what time did your show start?
Tom Petty
Louder than Life Fest
ADTR/BMTH
Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
Old 03-29-2011, 04:30 PM
N00B

It was supposed to start at 5:30, but Art of Dying didn't go on until 5:45ish. Also Art of Dying tried to have the audience sing part of their one of their songs but no one knew the words and we kind of just mummbled it. It was hilarious, even the singer laughed. No one knows who they are really, let alone know their lyrics.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:24 PM
N00B

I'll be goin to this show in Wichta, KS alone but I'll be meeting up with the Halestorm crew then bravin the crowd on my own. I cant wait! I'll prolly end up goin to the Springfeild or Tulsa show as well. Stone Sour and Halestorm are kinda special to me and it'll be good for me to get away and escape into that pain....bittersweet :P
Old 03-30-2011, 01:05 AM
N00B

Yeah, to be honest if Halestorm and Stone Sour were not on this tour....I would not even think about going. Skillet is ok, but I could care less about them and Theory just sucks.
Tom Petty
Louder than Life Fest
ADTR/BMTH
Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
Old 03-30-2011, 05:47 AM
N00B

Sounds like you had a good night, and I totally agree with Theory of a Deadman being the most boring-est live band ever, I hate them, their basically a 10x softer version of Nickleback. I remember listening to Skillet a lot years ago, heard their immense live, got some real good tunes as well.

Tags
stone sour