Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014

Old 04-08-2011, 12:22 PM
N00B

The Meatmen -- Boise, ID -- April 7th, 2011

Venue: Red Room
Source: Me
Openers: Wilt Chamberlain's Baby and Therapy OD (local bands)and Against the Grain
I missed the first two but Against the Grain was pretty good, I had never heard of them but can hear some Dead Kennedys along with metal influences in their sound. But the Meatmen were why I was here and they delivered.

Setlist:
Abba, God and Me
Meatmen Stomp
? (older song I can't remember right now)
Lesbian Death Dirge
Tooling for Anus
What's This Shit Called Love? (Pagans cover)
Crippled Children Suck
French People Suck
Camel Jockeys Suck
I Sin For a Living
Mr. Tapeworm
Alcohol (Gang Green cover)
?/? (2 cover songs I didn't know)
2 Down 2 to Go
Rock and Roll Juggernaut
Pope on a Rope
Encore:
And you Suck (?)
Viva Las Vegas
True Grit

Of the Meatmen albums, I have only heard the classic We're the Meatmen and You Still Suck! live album (one of my all time favorite live albums and why I attended this concert) and the Stud Powercock album so that is why I didn't know a couple of the songs.
This concert was awesome with Tesco Vee showing he can still deliver the goods at the advanced age of 55, as he said in some of his between song rantings. The backing band isn't as good as it was in the '80s but they got the job done tonight. Along with the good music was lots of Tesco's patented banter which was hilarious along with lots of costume changes such as a Devil hat, French beret, turban, gay cowboy hat ("Does this hat make me look gay? I hope so."). Jello Biafra, Henry Rollins, and many others were the brunt of Vee's jokes and a good time was had by all.
Tesco mentioned in the concert that he had been married 30 years and his wife even came along for the tour to run the merchandise stand. Merchandise was reasonably priced for once, with shirts and CDs going for $10 and some DVDs were only $5. Vee was very accomadating to fans afterwards posing for pictures and signing whatever you wanted, including my 20 year old CD booklets. Seeing this really made me angry at t-shirts going for $35 at many concerts nowadays but that's another story. Anyhow it was a good concert and if you like the We're the Meatmen and you still suck! CD you should go see this. I will try to add some photos and still shots of my video tonight.

Last edited by Wrecking Crew; 04-08-2011 at 01:31 PM.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:03 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Awesome! Can't wait to see them next week!
6/6-Ink n Iron
6/13-Goddamn Gallows
8/28-8/31-Muddy Roots

Tags
meatmen