Pallbearer -- Kansas City, MO -- December 16th, 2014
System Of A Down -- Inglewood, CA -- December 13th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Montreal, Quebec -- December 13th, 2014
Nonpoint -- Flint, MI -- December 13th, 2014

Old 04-07-2011, 11:55 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterguy49 View Post
I would really like to get a Deftones or Tool tattoo when I become 18. That's in 3 years though so my views my change, but I highly doubt it. I've been wanting those for a year or 2 now and they are my favorite bands.
I've thought the white owl on the Diamond Eyes album would be a cool chest piece...but not if your a guy maybe somewhere else..back..i dunno...
Old 04-08-2011, 12:16 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

I've probably said it before in this thread, but

This is the only tattoo I've ever given even a little bit of serious thought to getting:

Old 04-08-2011, 12:37 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Im getting the pantera CFH logo on my left shoulder this Summer, then a purple butterfly with musical notes coming out of its wings maybe during the Summer. both are tattoos which have enormous sentimental meaning t me, and I'm a guy who has alot of love for memories, so if nothing else they will serve as a reminder of what PanterA meant to me and what not!
Old 04-08-2011, 01:00 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterguy49 View Post
I would really like to get a Deftones or Tool tattoo when I become 18. That's in 3 years though so my views my change, but I highly doubt it. I've been wanting those for a year or 2 now and they are my favorite bands.
You're 15? I remember when I was 15, I thought Metallica was the greatest band in existance and listened to them almost constantly. 5 years later, I really don't care that much for Metallica. If I had a Metallica tattoo then, I would probably regret it now.

That being said, just realize that although you might think that the band you get a tattoo of is great now, at such an age, you might feel completely different about it 10 or 15 years later. Tool is definitely a band I would be proud to have a tattoo of, and an Iron Maiden or Slayer tattoo (thanks sep69) is always acceptable.

Just be sure of the band you get it of. Power metal is also always encouraged

Last edited by jd091; 04-08-2011 at 01:03 AM.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:21 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motograter_Ghost View Post
I've thought the white owl on the Diamond Eyes album would be a cool chest piece...but not if your a guy maybe somewhere else..back..i dunno...
While I love the owl, I don't think it would really work with a guy I was thinking more of the diamond symbol(http://www.deftones.com/media/photos...nd-eyes-tattoo) or the pony from White Pony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
You're 15? I remember when I was 15, I thought Metallica was the greatest band in existance and listened to them almost constantly. 5 years later, I really don't care that much for Metallica. If I had a Metallica tattoo then, I would probably regret it now.

That being said, just realize that although you might think that the band you get a tattoo of is great now, at such an age, you might feel completely different about it 10 or 15 years later. Tool is definitely a band I would be proud to have a tattoo of, and an Iron Maiden or Slayer tattoo (thanks sep69) is always acceptable.

Just be sure of the band you get it of. Power metal is also always encouraged
I think I was at that stage you were with Metallica a few years back with Slipknot. I don't listen to Tool constantly(same with Deftones) and think they are the best band ever. They are just my personal favorite band. But I know, maybe I won't like them as much in 5 years. I don't plan on getting a tattoo anytime soon, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see. And I agree with the Iron Maiden and Slayer tattoo as well, though I don't think I'd ever get a Maiden tattoo, I would get a Slayer one any day.

Also is it just me or is this tattoo really awesome....
http://www.checkoutmyink.com/tattoos...oink/tattoo-38
Old 04-08-2011, 09:01 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Wow. I had no idea that so many people on this board want to get bands tattood on their body(not just any bands of course, I mean the ones that mean a lot to them like Dex with Pantera or master with tool or RJ with maiden)

I get my paycheck this coming thursday and I'm strongly thinking about getting this tattooed on my left leg

11/14 - Slayer
Old 04-08-2011, 09:10 AM
Red Light In My Eyes

I have the Primordial stag head on my right shoulder. They're not my absolute favorite band, but have been in my Top 5 for a number of years now. Alan's always mentioning on stage about how some music still comes from the heart, plus stags can symbolize strength and standing your ground, so it seemed like the best option for me since it didn't just have to be about me being a big fan of the band.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:46 AM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

a few months ago i thought about getting the lateralus eye in full color on my right shoulder, but even though i love the album & the band, and even thought the art is a legit piece by a real artist (not just made for a band cover), im still a bit unsure. mostly because i dont want to be "that guy" whos got the tool tattoo, but i may change my mind in the future.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:03 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
Wow. I had no idea that so many people on this board want to get bands tattood on their body(not just any bands of course, I mean the ones that mean a lot to them like Dex with Pantera or master with tool or RJ with maiden)

I get my paycheck this coming thursday and I'm strongly thinking about getting this tattooed on my left leg

That S is such a wicked piece of band art, I've always loved it, I just don't like Sepultura enough to get a tattoo of them!
Old 04-08-2011, 10:08 AM
We're dying on the inside

Hey Dextrimental, know any good places that will tat me up while I'm hammered in your country?