Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Boris -- Santa Cruz, CA -- August 21st, 2014
Skid Row -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 20th, 2014
The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014

Old 04-06-2011, 03:01 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

New Iommi Project

Wow... All I'll say is wow!!! I might be really off but is this new or has it been going for awhile?

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=156405

WHOCARES — what hides behind this new band name is in fact the renewed musical union between legendary DEEP PURPLE singer Ian Gillan and none other than BLACK SABBATH's Tony Iommi: the undisputed master of heavy guitar riffs. The duo has recorded two brand new songs with the intent to support the rebuilding of a music school in Gyumri, Armenia.

Both Gillan and Iommi have spent a lot of time in Armenia, fallen in love with the country and the people and have dedicated a lot of work to a nation still shocked after the earthquake that struck Armenia on December 7, 1988.

The collaboration of Gillan and Iommi, who have worked together before on the SABBATH album "Born Again", is in itself an incredible news for all rock and metal fans and will be the best of surprises to get to know who is completing the band: None other than Jon Lord ("Mr. Hammond", partner with Gillan on all the DEEP PURPLE classics), IRON MAIDEN drummer Nicko McBrain, ex-METALLICA bassist Jason Newsted and HIM guitarist player Mikko "Linde" Lindström are also featured on the two new songs.

WHOCARES will release "Out of My Mind" and "Holy Water" on digital download and limited-edition CD single on May 6: The CD single will also contain the video clip of "Out Of My Mind" and a 40-minute documentary that shows Gillan's and Iommi's involvement with the Armenia cause over the years.

Commented Gillan: "The idea came as Tony and I flew back from Yerevan together after being inspired by the enthusiasm of everyone there to get this thing done.

"It was brilliant working with Tony again after all these years; he makes life easy for a singer.

"The other guys need no introduction, do they?!"

Added Iommi: "Some twenty years ago when the call came, I thought, well at least I've helped, but it was going to Armenia and seeing the actual devastation caused by the earthquake that really made me realize that funds were still needed.

"Despite all the money that was raised last time, here was a music school doing their best, forgotten, in basic tin sheds. After the warmth and honor bestowed upon us during our visit, we just had to help make a difference and get the school rebuilt. And what better way than to hook up with some of rock's greatest players and my old mate Ian, both an honor and a pleasure."

WHOCARES recording lineup:

* Tony Iommi (BLACK SABBATH) - Guitar
* Ian Gillan (DEEP PURPLE, BLACK SABBATH) - Vocals
* Jason Newsted (METALLICA, VOIVOD, FLOTSAM AND JETSAM) - Bass
* Nicko McBrain (IRON MAIDEN) - Drums
* Jon Lord (DEEP PURPLE) - Keyboards
* Mikko "Linde" Lindström (HIM) - Guitar
Old 04-06-2011, 04:23 PM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Sounds like a great lineup. One problem though, why is that asshole from HIM involved in this?
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 04-06-2011, 04:27 PM
Buahahahahaha

That sounded pretty great.

I heard some news a while ago about some of the dudes in Iron Maiden and Sikth grouping together. Anybody have any news on that?
8/30 Whirr
9/3 Sete Star Sept
9/19 Punch (?)
10/30 KING DIAMOND
Old 04-06-2011, 05:38 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post
Sounds like a great lineup. One problem though, why is that asshole from HIM involved in this?
This.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:22 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post
Linde is Toni's son-in-law and he is actually a very talented and cool guy. He in fact created a band called Daniel Lioneye as an musical outlet because the music from HIM wasnt satisfying him. Give him a chance and look up Daniel Lioneyes Vol II The Mentat or even Euroshaman. You cant bound his talent to the likes of HIM. Thats like bounding Vinnie Paul to Hellyeah when we all know Vinnie is better than that....not to mention have you heard half the stuff The Damned Things is putting out there?? Just give it a chance is all Im sayin...
Old 04-07-2011, 09:26 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
Wow... All I'll say is wow!!! I might be really off but is this new or has it been going for awhile?

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=156405

WHOCARES — what hides behind this new band name is in fact the renewed musical union between legendary DEEP PURPLE singer Ian Gillan and none other than BLACK SABBATH's Tony Iommi: the undisputed master of heavy guitar riffs. The duo has recorded two brand new songs with the intent to support the rebuilding of a music school in Gyumri, Armenia.

Both Gillan and Iommi have spent a lot of time in Armenia, fallen in love with the country and the people and have dedicated a lot of work to a nation still shocked after the earthquake that struck Armenia on December 7, 1988.

The collaboration of Gillan and Iommi, who have worked together before on the SABBATH album "Born Again", is in itself an incredible news for all rock and metal fans and will be the best of surprises to get to know who is completing the band: None other than Jon Lord ("Mr. Hammond", partner with Gillan on all the DEEP PURPLE classics), IRON MAIDEN drummer Nicko McBrain, ex-METALLICA bassist Jason Newsted and HIM guitarist player Mikko "Linde" Lindström are also featured on the two new songs.

WHOCARES will release "Out of My Mind" and "Holy Water" on digital download and limited-edition CD single on May 6: The CD single will also contain the video clip of "Out Of My Mind" and a 40-minute documentary that shows Gillan's and Iommi's involvement with the Armenia cause over the years.

Commented Gillan: "The idea came as Tony and I flew back from Yerevan together after being inspired by the enthusiasm of everyone there to get this thing done.

"It was brilliant working with Tony again after all these years; he makes life easy for a singer.

"The other guys need no introduction, do they?!"

Added Iommi: "Some twenty years ago when the call came, I thought, well at least I've helped, but it was going to Armenia and seeing the actual devastation caused by the earthquake that really made me realize that funds were still needed.

"Despite all the money that was raised last time, here was a music school doing their best, forgotten, in basic tin sheds. After the warmth and honor bestowed upon us during our visit, we just had to help make a difference and get the school rebuilt. And what better way than to hook up with some of rock's greatest players and my old mate Ian, both an honor and a pleasure."

WHOCARES recording lineup:

* Tony Iommi (BLACK SABBATH) - Guitar
* Ian Gillan (DEEP PURPLE, BLACK SABBATH) - Vocals
* Jason Newsted (METALLICA, VOIVOD, FLOTSAM AND JETSAM) - Bass
* Nicko McBrain (IRON MAIDEN) - Drums
* Jon Lord (DEEP PURPLE) - Keyboards
* Mikko "Linde" Lindström (HIM) - Guitar
posted something simular http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=16446 and got my head bit off..... :P but then again u r kinda a big deal 300% so I'll let you take this win :P as long as the words gettin out there You're is better written anyway. I had to use google translate for mine lol
Old 04-08-2011, 01:57 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Lol, this is like the third time this has been posted.

Also, it is just the single. It's just round two of the Rock For Armenia charity thing. Don't go expecting an album or a tour or anything. It's a one-off.

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka

Last edited by ravenheart; 04-08-2011 at 06:51 AM.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:30 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Lol, this is like the third time this has been posted.

Also, it is just the single. It's just round two of the Rock For Armenia charity thing. Don't go expecting an album or a tour or anything. It's a one-off.
You just might get the "We enjoyed working so much together we are going
to do a whole CD" statement
Old 04-08-2011, 12:29 PM
N00B

I hope this this means we'll finally get to hear some of the Born Again material when they tour \m/
Old 04-08-2011, 03:22 PM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Ian is spending most of the rest of the year on tour with Deep Purple. And then there's be a new Purple record, which will inevitably be followed by a tour.

Seriously, don't get your hopes up.

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka