It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014
Battlecross -- Westland, MI -- December 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 03-27-2011, 04:28 PM
Altars of Radness

Trapped Under Ice Breaks A Fan's Jaw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faX_YqoowZY

This video has been posted on a lot of sites, and I thought I'd share it here because I know at least a couple people here like the band. Trapped Under Ice is a hardcore band from Baltimore, for those of you who didn't know. This incident happened last night at a show in Germany. I'm copying this from the video description:

Quote:
what happened: US-"Hardcore"band TRAPPED UNDER ICE played a show and a kid who loved the band jumped over the singer (aka pile-on / stagedive) so he could sing-a-long, they both fell down [off] the stage (absolutely no harm to the kid NOR the singer because of this), the singer then hit the kid two times in the face, the kid in defense not really knowing what the fuck was going on hit back, then chaos ensued, another member of the band left the stage and together with his singer started severly beating and stomping the kid resulting in a broken jaw that needed surgery.
back on stage the singer says "i'm not a fucking superhero, don't jump on me, don't you fucking hit me"
I'm curious to see how this will all play out. The band has yet to release a statement about the it, and their Facebook page is filling up with fans arguing.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:34 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

does anyone not realize what type of shows these bands have?
Old 03-27-2011, 04:43 PM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
does anyone not realize what type of shows these bands have?
I'm kind of confused by your post. Are you saying because it's a hardcore show, it's okay to beat up a fan? Or that the vocalist should realize he will probably get knocked into the crowd at a show?
Old 03-27-2011, 05:09 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
I'm kind of confused by your post. Are you saying because it's a hardcore show, it's okay to beat up a fan? Or that the vocalist should realize he will probably get knocked into the crowd at a show?
You stage dive and mosh at your own risk. As hard as it is for me to say that, that includes what happens as a result.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:21 PM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkwine732 View Post
You stage dive and mosh at your own risk. As hard as it is for me to say that, that includes what happens as a result.
I agree with that. I've been hit in the face at shows before, and I go into the pit knowing it can happen at any time. However, a vocalist of a hardcore band should also accept the risk of being knocked into the crowd when playing intimate shows. I just don't think being knocked into the crowd justifies sending someone to the hospital for surgery.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:21 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Yeah, what Wino said. It's definitely not okay to attack fans, but as soon as they step on stage (which the stage is basically shared between performers and fans at these types of shows) then you can't expect to be surprised when the performer feels threatened and retaliates.

Dimebag, Watain, etc.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:42 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Yeah, what Wino said. It's definitely not okay to attack fans, but as soon as they step on stage (which the stage is basically shared between performers and fans at these types of shows) then you can't expect to be surprised when the performer feels threatened and retaliates.

Dimebag, Watain, etc.
Can't help but agree w/ that. Hardcore show or not, you try getting on stage it's still pretty much at your own risk. Might be debatable the end result but getting on stage is still at your own risk.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:46 PM
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession

Well, at least they are actually "hardcore."
I'm sure their music is awful but props to them for being badasses and not giving a fuck.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:46 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Stza from Leftover Crack once beat the shit out of my friend with his bass. My friend jumped on stage and jumped off, accidentally knocking off Stza's hat. Stza thought he was trying to steal it, so he chased after him and smashed him on the head with his bass. I can see how musicians can retaliate when they feel threatened or get their shit stolen. Its completely at your own risk once you step one foot on the stage, but to go so far as to gang up on the guy for a misunderstanding is a bit much.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:54 PM
Regretting my username

Being a hardcore band, they probably have machismo bullshit attitudes about "not takin' shit". This is stupid. No one deserves to have their jaw broken, especially if he hit you by accident. This behavior wouldn't be acceptable out in the real world, I don't think it should be acceptable in any club.