Skid Row -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 20th, 2014
The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 03-27-2011, 02:11 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Battalion of Saints -- Los Angeles, CA -- March 26th, 2011

Last night I went to a place called The Vector in Downtown LA. It was a bitch to find, then it was a bigger bitch finding parking. I found some sketchy ass place to park a few blocks away from the venue, but there were no other cars parked there. I made sure there weren't any "No Parking" signs, but it still felt like I wouldn't see my car again when I left. The only thing that made me feel better was I parked directly in front of the freeway entrance, so there were a good amount of cars driving by in case something happened. The lineup for the show was The Grim, Decry and Battalion of Saints.

I walked in during the Grim's set. I looked at the stage and just thought WTF? The stage was 5 feet above the ground. I'm used to the Blvd beig a foot off the ground or regular stages that are no more than 3 to 4 feet high. I always thought the stage at the Key Club was high, but this was ridiculous haha. Anyways, The Grim sounded awesome again. I'm for sure hooked on them now and want to see them each time they play around here. It sounds like they will become part of the OC bands that play here on a regular bases, so thats cool. The singer handed me a setlist after the show:

Old Enough
Parents
Live to Die
No Respect
Suicide
93 Days
Government Man
Sunday School
Cop Killer
White Women
Old Towne Mall
You're a Jerk

After The Grim ended, I wanted to find some beer. I walked over to the bar and asked for one, and the lady told me I needed a drink ticket. I thought WTF? Why must I go through extra work to get a beer? It erminded me of that Ron White joke about to coopins haha. So I unwillingly waited in line for a beer ticket, then waited in another line to get the beer haha.

Decry was on by the time I got my beer. They sounded killer! I have never seen them live before and was pumped on seeing them. They definitely haven't lost their touch over the years.

Resurection
Suburban Death Camp
Strapped In
My Bloody Dreams
Subject to Change
Breakdown
Raven
Neat Neat Neat
Sonic Reducer(Dead Boys)
Falling
S.D.H.N.C.
Sorority Girls
Warlords

Battalion of Saints were on next. I thought it was interesting that a band thats been around from the early 80s still has that "I don't give a fuck" look to them that all the hardcore bands had in the early 80s with the mohawks, long hair. Basically the typical punk look. Anyways, they played an awesome 35 minute set. I never got around to listening to their cover of Ace of Spades cause every god damn band seems to cover it and I didn't really care about hearing another cover. Well when they closed with it, I was blown the fuck away!! They made it sound way better than any other version I have heard.

Beefmaster
Buddies and Pals
I Wanna Make You Scream
Holy Vision
Animal in Man
Right or Wrong
Modern Day Hero
Hell's Around the Next Corner
Mind's Disease
Fair Warning
Fighting Boys
No More Lies
Doomed World
Second Coming
---------
My New Low
Ace of Spades(Motorhead)
Old 03-27-2011, 03:13 PM
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage

nice! i still in need to see BOS and decry
Old 03-27-2011, 05:18 PM
N00B

Oddly enough I also saw Sonic Reducer last night, performed by a cover band called Donovan's Fairies.

Tags
battalion of saints, decry, the grim