Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Judas Priest -- Vorst, Belgium -- March 16th, 1991
Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014
Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013
Family Values Tour -- Denver, CO -- November 11th, 2001
Judas Priest -- Salt Lake City, UT -- November 12th, 1990

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 03-26-2011, 08:39 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steev View Post
It just happens Slayer has been one of the shows in recent years with the most obnoxious crowds, one of the worst crowds I've ever seen was their coheadliner with Manson in 2007, multiple people had to be removed for harassing people in the pit
So it's just as I suspected. You had a bad experience at a Slayer show, and now you think that all Slayer shows are going to be that way - with drunk old fucks in the crowd throwing punches and beating on people. That's what the dictionary calls a "generalization".

Quote:
No where did I say everyone older at shows is a dick
You didn't say it, but your comments implied it. As further evidence of your bias, I submit some more of your own words:

Quote:
it just happens Slayer shows are packed with obnoxious drunks who are generally older
If you had stopped at the word "drunks", you would have been fine. The fact that you intentionally felt the need to add that the drunks who cause problems are older than you, reinforces the fact that you are biased against the older members of the crowd - otherwise you wouldn't feel the need to keep bringing it up.

Go back and read your original post, word for word, and put yourself in the shoes of someone who doesn't know what your actual intentions are. To me, your statement clearly implied that if you go to any Slayer shows in the near future, you'll be staying away from the pits because there are bound to be older individuals at those shows (presumably because Slayer has been around for a long time), and it is specifically those older individuals who will be (a) drunk, and (b) causing trouble.

...and your second post only seems to confirm this theory even further.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:41 AM
We're dying on the inside

Aww, the old man's bored at the retirement home so he's picking on whippersnappers.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Aww, the old man's bored at the retirement home so he's picking on whippersnappers.
You dick. Actually, I have better things to do, like getting ready for tonight's Metalliance show. I'll just have to be careful not to get drunk and manhandle any of you little sissies in the pit. I have a tendency of doing that, because I'm old and angry and can't handle my booze.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:09 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Haha, I love how youngsters have no idea what implication is.

30/7 King Diamond
1-2/8 BiesenRock Festival
3/8 Lokerse Festival
16/9 Richie Kotzen
Old 03-26-2011, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Haha, I love how youngsters have no idea what implication is.
Exactly.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:16 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

old people smell like diapers
08/07 - Handguns (?)
08/15 - Whores
Old 03-26-2011, 10:06 AM
welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
old people smell like diapers
And mothballs.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:17 AM
Cowboy From Hell

I've been hearing that All That Remains, 5FDP, Lacuna Coil are likely for Uproar. I also hear Mastodon has something in the works for this summer, as well as Anthrax. Not sure if or where these bands tie in at, but would not be suprised to see the Zombie/Slayer tour attached to those bands as opening acts.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:33 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
So it's just as I suspected. You had a bad experience at a Slayer show, and now you think that all Slayer shows are going to be that way - with drunk old fucks in the crowd throwing punches and beating on people. That's what the dictionary calls a "generalization".

You didn't say it, but your comments implied it. As further evidence of your bias, I submit some more of your own words:

If you had stopped at the word "drunks", you would have been fine. The fact that you intentionally felt the need to add that the drunks who cause problems are older than you, reinforces the fact that you are biased against the older members of the crowd - otherwise you wouldn't feel the need to keep bringing it up.

Go back and read your original post, word for word, and put yourself in the shoes of someone who doesn't know what your actual intentions are. To me, your statement clearly implied that if you go to any Slayer shows in the near future, you'll be staying away from the pits because there are bound to be older individuals at those shows (presumably because Slayer has been around for a long time), and it is specifically those older individuals who will be (a) drunk, and (b) causing trouble.

...and your second post only seems to confirm this theory even further.

Ive actually had bad experiences 3 of the last 4 times Ive seen Slayer, and every single time its been someone significantly older and hammered

if we were talking about a different band like Disturbed, them Ive seen and they've had obnoxious drunks more in the 20s/30s range

but when Im been at Slayer shows the assholes usually have beer guts, grey hairs, and tattoos so faded they're illegible

now at no point did I say everyone going was and old drunk asshole, or that everyone over the age of 40 is an asshole, you can keep complaining or just accept the statement
Crue/Alice Cooper
Fishbone
Slayer/Suicidal/Exodus
Living Colour
Old 03-26-2011, 10:35 AM
N00B

one of the best shows I ever saw was Priest with H&H, THAT was an older crowd but everyone was just having fun and no one was being a dick

I absolutely felt the need to point it out because if youre 15-20 years(or more) older than me and you smell like booze and are constantly trying to fight people, well, youre an asshole(you would be one at any age really, but it's worse when it reaches that point)
Crue/Alice Cooper
Fishbone
Slayer/Suicidal/Exodus
Living Colour