Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 13, 2014
The Goddamn Gallows -- Long Beach, CA -- April 16th, 2014
Unearth -- Ottawa, Ontario -- April 15th, 2014
Black Sabbath -- Ottawa, Ontario -- April 13th, 2014

Old 03-19-2011, 09:26 AM
Wrath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Converge was so out of place on the Mastoklok tour because the last place a godly hardcore/grindcore/metalcore/noisecore band wants to win over new fans is opening for an adult swim band and Mastodon. The genre's just clashed a lot. Also, Converge thrives on more intimate settings. Try looking up some live videos from one of their headlining tours. Shit hits the fan.
Yeah, there's no doubt about that at all. Was a horrible tour for them to be on. Completely seated venue probably didn't help their few fans either. But I notice you guys all seem to just like how... Chaotic they are. Just pure rage in musical format. Will have to check them out when I'm in that mindset.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:45 AM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Careenifier View Post
I saw them playing on the Dethklok/Mastodon tour and honestly thought it was one of the worst performances I'd ever seen. Their guitarist came out first and repeated some really heavy/awesome riff for a bit (had some effects if I recall correctly), and then the rest of the band came out and absolutely ruined whatever energy had just been built up.

...EXPLAIN!
Same here. They didn't put on one of the worst performances but I wasn't the least bit impressed. No one seemed very amused except for the 3 guys going apeshit in the pit.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:26 AM
not the mama

Quote:
Yeah, there's no doubt about that at all. Was a horrible tour for them to be on. Completely seated venue probably didn't help their few fans either. But I notice you guys all seem to just like how... Chaotic they are. Just pure rage in musical format. Will have to check them out when I'm in that mindset.
woah a seated venue? That is just awful for a hardcore band, there was seats at my venue but it's mostly GA. Converge must have felt extremely awkward playing there.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:57 AM
Wrath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShatteredFlame View Post
woah a seated venue? That is just awful for a hardcore band, there was seats at my venue but it's mostly GA. Converge must have felt extremely awkward playing there.
Not just any venue with seats either. Was at the most prestigious classical music venue in Vancouver. Like, the place where symphonies play. Saw Opeth play there back in 2008, which was a great atmosphere. Just funny because everyone who works there is an elderly classical music elitist.

Picture converge playing here:

That's a picture of the actual inside.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:44 AM
not a N00B

Quote:
Not just any venue with seats either. Was at the most prestigious classical music venue in Vancouver. Like, the place where symphonies play. Saw Opeth play there back in 2008, which was a great atmosphere. Just funny because everyone who works there is an elderly classical music elitist.

That might be one of the funniest things I've ever pictured.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:08 AM
N00B

I wouldn't want to see any metal band in that venue. But I saw Converge on the Mastoklok tour and I thought they were awesome, I loved all the bands on that tour. And I will definitely be at the NYC show for Converge and Trap Them!!
Old 03-20-2011, 10:23 AM
Wrath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergman101 View Post
I wouldn't want to see any metal band in that venue.
It certainly didn't work for Converge, but like I said, it was absolutely incredible for Opeth. Seeing a black metal show there would probably also be pretty amazing. With the right lighting, it looks like some terrifying old cathedral Converge just... Yeah. Not the right place for them.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:09 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Converge was so out of place on the Mastoklok tour because the last place a godly hardcore/grindcore/metalcore/noisecore band wants to win over new fans is opening for an adult swim band and Mastodon. The genre's just clashed a lot. Also, Converge thrives on more intimate settings. Try looking up some live videos from one of their headlining tours. Shit hits the fan.
huh???? Converge and Mastodon have toured together many times before that. Off the top of my head, Converge/American Nightmare/Mastodon (around the time of Lifesblood, I think), Converge/Mastodon/The Bronx, think they did some dates with Isis too. Also a tour with Priestess. I completely agree that they're out of place with Dethklok (who isn't out of place touring with a fake band?) but Converge and Mastodon have a very long history together.

Converge is one of the greatest live bands of all time. Wish this tour would hit Atlanta.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:10 PM
Bring Me The Horizon > Opeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
huh???? Converge and Mastodon have toured together many times before that. Off the top of my head, Converge/American Nightmare/Mastodon (around the time of Lifesblood, I think), Converge/Mastodon/The Bronx, think they did some dates with Isis too. Also a tour with Priestess. I completely agree that they're out of place with Dethklok (who isn't out of place touring with a fake band?) but Converge and Mastodon have a very long history together.

Converge is one of the greatest live bands of all time. Wish this tour would hit Atlanta.
Yeah, I meant that more towards Dethklok.
04/24 - Iron Reagan
05/13 - SLAYER
Old 03-21-2011, 06:28 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:

The Gibson isn't quite like tha place, but very similiar and I saw GWAR there a few years back haha. Other than the small opening up front for a pit, the rest of the place is like that, nicely seated and what not.
6/13-Goddamn Gallows
8/28-8/31-Muddy Roots