Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014
Motley Crue -- Alpharetta, GA -- August 16th, 2014

Old 03-23-2011, 11:43 AM
N00B

Gorematory cover Zombie Ritual by Death!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YNyP1HQA1g
Old 03-23-2011, 03:32 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Rhythm is kinda sloppy at the beginning and it makes the intro sound clunky.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:19 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

JRA, you are being way too kind (which shocks me to the core, BTW ). This was a fucking train wreck, plain and simple.

Apologies to the OP for the bluntness of this post, but I figured I'd rather just give it to you straight than fuck about acting like I kinda liked it. The drums were HORRENDOUS. I lost count of how many times the guy missed his kick beats completely or fell a half-step to a full step behind the band. In fact, it sounded like he was trying to keep up with the guitars the whole time. That should never happen. Rhythm is THE DRUMMER'S JOB.

The vocals were pretty bad as well. The style doesn't fit the original very well, but besides that (which can only be changed to a limited degree, granted), the rhythm, again, was way off from the original.

Anyways, keep at it. With some hard work, you should improve over time. Rome wasn't built in a day.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:36 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
JRA, you are being way too kind (which shocks me to the core, BTW ). This was a fucking train wreck, plain and simple.
Probably cos I stopped listening to it after the intro after hearing how out of sync it was.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:59 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post

Apologies to the OP for the bluntness of this post, but I figured I'd rather just give it to you straight than fuck about acting like I kinda liked it. The drums were HORRENDOUS. I lost count of how many times the guy missed his kick beats completely or fell a half-step to a full step behind the band. In fact, it sounded like he was trying to keep up with the guitars the whole time. That should never happen. Rhythm is THE DRUMMER'S JOB.

The vocals were pretty bad as well. The style doesn't fit the original very well, but besides that (which can only be changed to a limited degree, granted), the rhythm, again, was way off from the original.

Anyways, keep at it. With some hard work, you should improve over time. Rome wasn't built in a day.
This. I give you credit for picking a great song to cover though. Just got to tighten it up
Old 03-26-2011, 11:11 AM
N00B

Hey guys you got it all wrong. We never had the intention of copying their exact style. The drums are not supposed to fit for the original, or even the vocals. A cover is supposed to be something that you do your own way, and thats how we wanted to do it. Death is a huge infuence on us and you can see it with other songs that we do. So, we wanted to cover the song that fits our style, yet sticks to the way that we write.
Also, the double bass part you hear is done by one pedal.

Last edited by DMDrummer93; 03-26-2011 at 04:02 PM.