Head Wound City -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 21st, 2014
After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Old 03-09-2011, 03:40 PM
N00B

Motorhead -- Charlotte, NC -- March 5th, 2011

Road trip from Nashville to Charlotte to see what is billed to me one of the best tours ever. Knew the Motorhead set so I was excited to see what they were playing. As with Clutch you never know the set and that is great. The played a place called the Fillmore and it is part of a several club music complex. Great club and area. Would like to go there again for a show. Place is huge, must hold at least 2000 people.
Valiant Thor was up fi9rst. Short 6 or 7 song set. Pretty cool had fun watching them. Singer is pretty excited kind of guy always running and jumping and then being super polite to the audience after each song which I thought was kind of funny. All in all a good show, but i dont remember their song titles , I do know they ended with a new song.
Clutch came on and it was anti climactic to their funk intro they have used for yers. Instead of just launching into a song Neil just says hello talks a bit then they bust into Who's been Talking followed by what i think was a bakerton trio blues jam. followed by another Blues jam...Not really the kind of vibe I was expecting from them to start a show. They picked it up a bit by the 4th song and as always sounded great but for that type of show the energy just didn't hit. The next night in Nashville they tore the roof off the damn place. had they pulled out that kind of set and intensity they would have givin' Motorhead a run ion NC.
1. Who's Been talking
2. Jam > another Jam Bakerton group songs?
3. Soapmakers
4. 50,000 Unstoppable Watts
5.Burning Beard
6. Texan Book of the Dead
7. Jam ,could be another Bakerton song
?
8.Electric worry / One eyed Dollar

Think I am missing a song. I know the first 4 are right. Between 5 and 8 I can't remember what they played. I know there was nothing off of Blast tyrany, Trans, Pure, or B side type albums. No encore either.

Motorhead's set was the same as other night. They played great and Lemmy was funny and into the show as were the rest of the guys. My only complaint about them was the sound was so loud that it felt like it would sheer your head off. I don't mind loud at all, but there is a point in that kind of club where it is so loud you have a hard time hearing anything as it all becomes high gain mud. sadly this happened though out their set. All in all it was a good trip to see some classic bands rip out some great music.
I didn't buy any merch but for those who like to know it seemed like the shirts were in the $40 range. Mostly the classic Motorhead logo on various backgrounds ie the World, Flags, ...Clutch had some Logo shirts from what i could see.
Motorhead:

We Are Motörhead
Stay Clean
Get Back In Line
Metropolis
Over the Top
One Night Stand
Rock Out
Guitar Solo
The Thousand Names of God
I Got Mine
I Know How To Die
The Chase Is Better Than the Catch
In the Name of Tragedy
Drum Solo
Just 'Cos You Got the Power
Going to Brazil
Killed by Death
Ace of Spades
---------
Overkill
Old 03-09-2011, 10:37 PM
Hagbard Celine, H.M., S.H.

The Fillmore is a great one. I've always been partial to Amos' Southend though.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:20 PM
N00B

[quote=iggus;345298]Road trip from Nashville to Charlotte to see what is billed to me one of the best tours ever. Knew the Motorhead set so I was excited to see what they were playing. As with Clutch you never know the set and that is great. The played a place called the Fillmore and it is part of a several club music complex. Great club and area. Would like to go there again for a show. Place is huge, must hold at least 2000 people.
Valiant Thor was up fi9rst. Short 6 or 7 song set. Pretty cool had fun watching them. Singer is pretty excited kind of guy always running and jumping and then being super polite to the audience after each song which I thought was kind of funny. All in all a good show, but i dont remember their song titles , I do know they ended with a new song.
Clutch came on and it was anti climactic to their funk intro they have used for yers. Instead of just launching into a song Neil just says hello talks a bit then they bust into Who's been Talking followed by what i think was a bakerton trio blues jam. followed by another Blues jam...Not really the kind of vibe I was expecting from them to start a show. They picked it up a bit by the 4th song and as always sounded great but for that type of show the energy just didn't hit. The next night in Nashville they tore the roof off the damn place. had they pulled out that kind of set and intensity they would have givin' Motorhead a run ion NC.
1. Who's Been talking
2. Jam > another Jam Bakerton group songs?
3. Soapmakers
4. 50,000 Unstoppable Watts
5.Burning Beard
6. Texan Book of the Dead
7. Jam ,could be another Bakerton song
?
8.Electric worry / One eyed Dollar

Think I am missing a song. I know the first 4 are right. Between 5 and 8 I can't remember what they played. I know there was nothing off of Blast tyrany, Trans, Pure, or B side type albums. No encore either.

Yea you were close with The Clutch set. It was

Who's Been Talkin
King Of Arizona / jam
Soapmakers
Burning Beard
Texam Book of the Dead
50000 Unstoppable Watts
Mob Goes Wild
long jam
Electric Worry
One Eyed Dollar

We roadtripped from Atlanta for the show. Completely worth it
Old 03-10-2011, 08:28 PM
N00B

Yea you were close with The Clutch set. It was

Who's Been Talkin
King Of Arizona / jam
Soapmakers
Burning Beard
Texam Book of the Dead
50000 Unstoppable Watts
Mob Goes Wild
long jam
Electric Worry
One Eyed Dollar

We roadtripped from Atlanta for the show. Completely worth it[/quote]

Are you sure about King of Arizona? I have always wanted to hear that song live and would have remembered that.. if they did play it I am pretty sure it wasn't second..because i remember bitching that with all the kick ass up beat songs they have why are they opening with slower blues numbers while opening for Motorhead and Soapmakers was the first up beat thing the ripped into. I don't remember them doing Mob, but I am probably wrong about that one.
saw a setlist taped on the stage but couldn't get close enough to see it. would like to know what it was and what the jam songs where if they were actually songs or not.

Last edited by iggus; 03-10-2011 at 08:47 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:36 PM
N00B

Just read this from a link that a guy put up in another clutch post regarding playing non clutch songs or long jams.....

Amanda: Hank III does half of his set doing traditional country and his second as Ass Jack. Would you ever consider splitting your show into a Clutch and a Bakerton Group set?

Jean Paul: Yea, we’ve done that on several occasions, actually.

Amanda: Any chance we get to hear any Bakerton Group during your set tonight?

Jean Paul: I don’t think we’ll be doing any Bakerton tonight, because we only have 45 minutes, so because of that we get to play maybe 9 songs, and maybe playing an instrumental song isn’t the best idea.

hahaha.... yes my thoughts exactly as I was watching them burn about 15 minutes on instrumental blues jams..hahaha....
Old 03-10-2011, 09:24 PM
N00B

Yea I'm 99% sure about King and Mob....though I was 12 or so in lol. I remeber screaming BEHOLD THE KInG OF ARIZONA with em, and I remeber talking to my friend who came about Mob being a good song but Bam Margera made me almost not like it lol...Wouldve sworn they faded directly in from Whos been talking to King without missin a beat...May be wrong though. Either way their only mistake was not playing long enough

Tags
clutch, motorhead