Hatebreed -- Detroit, MI -- September 12th, 2014
We Came As Romans -- Lansing, MI -- September 11th, 2014
Accept -- Solana Beach, CA -- September 11th, 2014
Cannibal Corpse -- Sydney, Australia -- September 11th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 02-27-2011, 08:41 PM
In Search of Truth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8czvj8PEwJM
Pretty good quality video of the new song, "End of Innocence". I have listened almost 5 times now and I honestly love it. My expectations for the new record have now increased considerably.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:48 PM
That Guy

I'm digging it so far. It's heavier and proggier then anything off Paradise Lost. I'm very excited to see them in May.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:17 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
I'm digging it so far. It's heavier and proggier then anything off Paradise Lost. I'm very excited to see them in May.
I honestly don't really see how it's heavier than anything on Paradise Lost. My big point is that I honestly like it more than anything off of that record except for like 2 songs, so provided it's not the best or one of the top 2-3 songs on the record, my expectations are really, really high. It honestly reminds me a lot of their older stuff, the chorus sounds like classic Divine Wings/Twilight in Olympus stuff.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:27 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
I honestly don't really see how it's heavier than anything on Paradise Lost. My big point is that I honestly like it more than anything off of that record except for like 2 songs, so provided it's not the best or one of the top 2-3 songs on the record, my expectations are really, really high. It honestly reminds me a lot of their older stuff, the chorus sounds like classic Divine Wings/Twilight in Olympus stuff.
Something about it feels heavier to me about it. Maybe it's because it's live? I'm not sure, but that and the reminiscent of Divine Wings Of Tragedy/Twilight in Olympus is what Symphony X needed. I'm gad to see they are back on the right track.

As for Paradise Lost, I like the title track (one of the best songs they ever made) Domination and Set The World on Fire, that's about it.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:29 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Something about it feels heavier to me about it. Maybe it's because it's live? I'm not sure, but that and the reminiscent of Divine Wings Of Tragedy/Twilight in Olympus is what Symphony X needed. I'm gad to see they are back on the right track.

As for Paradise Lost, I like the title track (one of the best songs they ever made) Domination and Set The World on Fire, that's about it.
Most certainly agreed that the title track is the best thing on Paradise Lost - but Revelation and Eve of Seduction are definitely my #2 and 3. After that it gets kinda hard to pick - all the rest of the songs have both moments I do actually love but are filled with many things I don't.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:37 PM
N00B

now listening and im definitely excited. the guitars kind of sound like a Paradise Lost style but its definitely reminding me of more V stuff. and i fucking love it.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:39 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by maidenpriest View Post
now listening and im definitely excited. the guitars kind of sound like a Paradise Lost style but its definitely reminding me of more V stuff. and i fucking love it.
Yeah, this song most certainly leans towards what I was hoping for from this new stuff. Something that would take the heaviness and whatnot of Paradise Lost and make it more melodic, diverse, dynamic - with more of the "classic" SX sound.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:14 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by maidenpriest View Post
hopefully the US gets a longer set seeing how Europe is being labeled as a "co-headliner" whereas the tour in April isn't.
I sure hope so. Ten songs.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:43 AM
N00B

Would it kill them to practice a different song or two? Every song apart from the 2 new ones were played when I last saw them in 2008.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:15 PM
Catch The Rainbow

When is the new album due out anyways?

Tags
symphony x