Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Samhain -- Chicago, IL -- September 13th, 2014
Hatebreed -- Detroit, MI -- September 12th, 2014
We Came As Romans -- Lansing, MI -- September 11th, 2014
Accept -- Solana Beach, CA -- September 11th, 2014
Cannibal Corpse -- Sydney, Australia -- September 11th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 02-27-2011, 08:41 PM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,924
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8czvj8PEwJM
Pretty good quality video of the new song, "End of Innocence". I have listened almost 5 times now and I honestly love it. My expectations for the new record have now increased considerably.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-27-2011, 08:48 PM
MPF's Avatar
MPF MPF is offline
That Guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,787
I'm digging it so far. It's heavier and proggier then anything off Paradise Lost. I'm very excited to see them in May.
__________________
That Drummer Guy's Reviews, Interviews, Playlists, Radio Shows, & Social Media:
http://www.thatdrummerguy.com
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-27-2011, 09:17 PM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
I'm digging it so far. It's heavier and proggier then anything off Paradise Lost. I'm very excited to see them in May.
I honestly don't really see how it's heavier than anything on Paradise Lost. My big point is that I honestly like it more than anything off of that record except for like 2 songs, so provided it's not the best or one of the top 2-3 songs on the record, my expectations are really, really high. It honestly reminds me a lot of their older stuff, the chorus sounds like classic Divine Wings/Twilight in Olympus stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-27-2011, 09:27 PM
MPF's Avatar
MPF MPF is offline
That Guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
I honestly don't really see how it's heavier than anything on Paradise Lost. My big point is that I honestly like it more than anything off of that record except for like 2 songs, so provided it's not the best or one of the top 2-3 songs on the record, my expectations are really, really high. It honestly reminds me a lot of their older stuff, the chorus sounds like classic Divine Wings/Twilight in Olympus stuff.
Something about it feels heavier to me about it. Maybe it's because it's live? I'm not sure, but that and the reminiscent of Divine Wings Of Tragedy/Twilight in Olympus is what Symphony X needed. I'm gad to see they are back on the right track.

As for Paradise Lost, I like the title track (one of the best songs they ever made) Domination and Set The World on Fire, that's about it.
__________________
That Drummer Guy's Reviews, Interviews, Playlists, Radio Shows, & Social Media:
http://www.thatdrummerguy.com
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-27-2011, 09:29 PM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Something about it feels heavier to me about it. Maybe it's because it's live? I'm not sure, but that and the reminiscent of Divine Wings Of Tragedy/Twilight in Olympus is what Symphony X needed. I'm gad to see they are back on the right track.

As for Paradise Lost, I like the title track (one of the best songs they ever made) Domination and Set The World on Fire, that's about it.
Most certainly agreed that the title track is the best thing on Paradise Lost - but Revelation and Eve of Seduction are definitely my #2 and 3. After that it gets kinda hard to pick - all the rest of the songs have both moments I do actually love but are filled with many things I don't.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-27-2011, 09:37 PM
maidenpriest's Avatar
maidenpriest maidenpriest is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 1,636
now listening and im definitely excited. the guitars kind of sound like a Paradise Lost style but its definitely reminding me of more V stuff. and i fucking love it.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-27-2011, 09:39 PM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by maidenpriest View Post
now listening and im definitely excited. the guitars kind of sound like a Paradise Lost style but its definitely reminding me of more V stuff. and i fucking love it.
Yeah, this song most certainly leans towards what I was hoping for from this new stuff. Something that would take the heaviness and whatnot of Paradise Lost and make it more melodic, diverse, dynamic - with more of the "classic" SX sound.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-28-2011, 05:14 AM
Bluefish's Avatar
Bluefish Bluefish is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bronx, NY
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by maidenpriest View Post
hopefully the US gets a longer set seeing how Europe is being labeled as a "co-headliner" whereas the tour in April isn't.
I sure hope so. Ten songs.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-28-2011, 05:43 AM
Force10's Avatar
Force10 Force10 is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 68
Would it kill them to practice a different song or two? Every song apart from the 2 new ones were played when I last saw them in 2008.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-28-2011, 12:15 PM
Fe Maiden's Avatar
Fe Maiden Fe Maiden is offline
Catch The Rainbow
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Laguna Niguel, CA USA
Posts: 3,858
When is the new album due out anyways?
__________________
Symphony X 2-21-12
Iron Maiden 8-9-12
RUSH 11-17-12
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
symphony x

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:00 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008