Raven -- Fullerton, CA -- October 23rd, 2014
King Diamond -- Denver, CO -- October 24th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Toronto, Ontario -- October 24th, 2014
Judas Priest -- Evansville, IN -- October 22nd, 2014
Pearl Jam -- Denver, CO -- October 22nd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 02-25-2011, 03:08 PM
N00B

yeah was too lazy to do a full review, but IDW was pretty sick, I was wanting to see what the new singer was like, and he delivered. No disappointment for the loss of Jon. VOM was good, but same set as always and theyre way too over with the scene kids for a metal band, so they get annoying, same with Acacia Strain, and I had just seen them twice recently, but good that they played different songs this time around. Whitechapel I must admit is HUGE over. Ppl go apeshit for them and for good reason, their live show is tight. I wouldve as somone said liked to hear more from SD, especially that song in particular, I don't know if Phil avoids it just to give his voice a break, but still theres some brutal songs on that record, the one that got me into them, so they need to add more. Overall a good show, but not the best I've seen of any of the bands. IDW probably won me over, those guys can bring it.
9/16 - Parkway Drive
9/24 - Crush Em All
12/7 - BTBAM/AAL
Old 02-25-2011, 04:33 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisdead911 View Post
I wouldve as somone said liked to hear more from SD, especially that song in particular, I don't know if Phil avoids it just to give his voice a break, but still theres some brutal songs on that record, the one that got me into them, so they need to add more.
I completely agree. SD was their best record by far. I think they've just been playing it for a while, and now that they actually got new material, want to give everyone a chance to hear the new stuff they worked a while on.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:25 PM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
I completely agree. SD was their best record by far. I think they've just been playing it for a while, and now that they actually got new material, want to give everyone a chance to hear the new stuff they worked a while on.
I don't know a whole lot about WC, but I too prefer their first album to their 2nd + 3rd. I don't DISLIKE them, the problem to my ears is that none of them really stick out to me. 4-5 songs from SD do stick out IMO.

11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm (?)
11/25-Slayer (?)
Old 02-25-2011, 08:50 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellawaits77ny View Post
I don't know a whole lot about WC, but I too prefer their first album to their 2nd + 3rd. I don't DISLIKE them, the problem to my ears is that none of them really stick out to me. 4-5 songs from SD do stick out IMO.
Eh, I would say that Posession is pretty unique for Whitechapel in the style it's written. I'd also say the same for Reprogrammed to Hate, especially with the vocals by Chino from Deftones. Other than that, those albums are average. Not horrible, but nothing like SD.

Tags
i declare war, the acacia strain, veil of maya, whitechapel