Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 02-20-2011, 12:27 PM
N00B

Whitechapel -- Worcester, MA -- February 19th, 2011

Fun show, I was only there for Whitechapel and The Acacia Strain. I thought the other bands sucked, but Whitechapel and TAS were awesome. The crowd was shitty, a ton of scene kids and bros. Anyways, on to my review.

Got there right after doors opened at 5, got inside quickly and The Palladium was filling up very fast. The show was pretty close to selling out.

At 5:30, the first local band, Desiccation came on. The kids in the band were young. I didn't think they were good at all, but the crowd gave them a decent reception, and I give them props for getting on this show considering their age. 4/10.

The second local was Dysentery. A brutal death metal band from Boston, I thought that they were pretty shitty. Every song sounded the same, they were repetitive beyond belief, and it seemed like they were trying to be ridiculously heavy, and I didn't think it worked well. 2/10.

After the two locals, came the first touring band, I Declare War. They were ok, nothing new to my ears at all. Crowd was into them, not the worst band I've ever had to endure live, but not particularly good either. 5/10.

Chelsea Grin was next and they were terrible, easily one of the worst bands I've ever seen live. All the scenies went wild, and I watched one song and left to browse merch. I hope to never have to see this band again. 1/10.

Veil of Maya played next, and they weren't too bad. I hear a lot of hype about them, but didn't think they were anything special. I only knew a few songs, but I can confirm their full set from a friend who loves them. 6/10.

Martyrs
Crawl Back
Unbreakable
Dark Passenger
Pillars
We Bow in it's Aura
Namaste
It's Not Safe to Swim Today

The Acacia Strain took the stage next, and I was very excited. It was my first time seeing them and they were great. The set disappointed me because it was mainly new songs, but they were great nonetheless. Can't wait to see them again. Highlights of the set were Whoa! Shut It Down, Jonestown, and Carbomb. 8.5/10.

Beast
The Hills Have Eyes
Whoa! Shut It Down
See You Next Tuesday
Ramirez
Dr. Doom
Bay of Pigs
Jonestown
JFC
Carbomb

Finally, the headliners of the night Whitechapel came next. They are one of my favorite bands, and I was extremely excited for their set. It was my third time seeing them, this time easily being the best because they got to play for quite awhile. Not much else to say except I can't wait to see these guys again! The set may be a bit out of order in the middle, but all the songs are correct. 9/10.

Devolver
Breeding Violence
Possession
The Darkest Day of Man
Reprogrammed to Hate
Prostatic Fluid Asphyxiation
End of Flesh
Unnerving
Death Becomes Him
Eternal Refuge
Vicer Exciser
Murder Sermon
Single File to Dehumanization
--------------------------
Of Legions
This is Exile
Old 02-20-2011, 01:10 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Sounds good. Still want Whitechapel to play a couple more from the Somatic Defilement, but whatever. I personally love Veil of Maya, and can't wait to see 'em. How were the pits, actually? I realize everyone there are gonna be scene douches, so when I see this next week I plan on getting there early for the rail.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:16 PM
N00B

The pits were all hardcore dancing pits. A few people were push moshing, but there wasn't much of it going on.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:17 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal_Head View Post
The pits were all hardcore dancing pits. A few people were push moshing, but there wasn't much of it going on.
Yep. Expected that. Its a shame, really. Deathcore would have a much better name, IMO, if that karate shit didn't exist.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:25 PM
How're yeh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal_Head View Post
Did they get all the invisible ninjas?
Old 02-20-2011, 01:42 PM
N00B

wait, so the pushing moshing is better to you guys than the karate nonsense? i find them both equally cringeworthy. push moshing is just as pointless, and can be even more dangerous at bigger shows.
Mineral-9/6
Joyce Manor-9/15
Uncle Acid-9/26
Old 02-20-2011, 01:45 PM
False love turned to pure hate

It's good to see Whitechapel are playing the 8-string songs from the new record live!
Old 02-20-2011, 05:06 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapper View Post
It's good to see Whitechapel are playing the 8-string songs from the new record live!
The Acacia Strain used 8 string on their last album, Whitechapel uses 7, always have. I was at the show n counted strings
Old 02-20-2011, 05:08 PM
N00B

Also this was a great fucking show, I thought Chelsea Grin sucked really bad too. It was like even more breakdowns than this genre is known for, Whitechapel ripped it, they were incredible. The Acacia Strain were sick too
Old 02-20-2011, 06:06 PM
False love turned to pure hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubub454 View Post
The Acacia Strain used 8 string on their last album, Whitechapel uses 7, always have. I was at the show n counted strings
Well, "Devolver", "Breeding Violence" and "Single File to Dehumanization" are certainly on 8's dude - watch the film clip for "Breeding" and also the studio report. So, I think you might be mistaken dude, cause I also just saw footage of some of their recent shows and they were playing 8's for those songs.

Tags
the acacia strain, veil of maya, whitechapel