Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 02-21-2011, 12:33 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Death Angel -- Anahiem, CA -- February 20th, 2011

good times, great moments, all in the good name of metal?...Metal? METAL.

I got to the show at around 6 pm, mainly because chain reactions parking lot is so small and goddamn limited, I managed to find a spot and headed my way to get a ticket. Wasn't very packed but there definitely was a good amount of people at the show even though it was still pretty early. I actually thought all the bands were pretty kick ass. I thought Lazarus A.D was pretty dope, The skizoid was meh, Bonded By Blood didn't suck this time and I even found myself headbanging and moshing during a couple of songs. But the highlight of the night goes out to the one and only DEATH ANGEL. I didn't even really plan on making it out to the show tonight but I figured "eh Fuck it".

They came, they saw, and they fucking THRASHED. I loved every minute of their set. I was pretty much in the pit for a good 90% of their set. The other 10% was going out of my way to get some damn H2o because I was getting drained the fuck out. The Setlist is exactly like the other ones posted on here, Not much to say other than that the highlight of the night for me was "bored", "Thrashers", "Heaven and Hell" Cover, and "Mistress of Pain".

Aahahahahha I thought a nice little moment was when the crowed got really silent and I just scream to the top of my lungs "TAKE US BACK, BABY! TAKES US BACK TO THE GOOD OL' DAYS", and the singer looks at me and says "OH YOU HOLD ON THERE, WE WILL DEFINITELY GET INTO THAT, BUT YOU JUST GOTTA HOLD ON. WE WILL DEFINITELY TAKE YOU BACK", I don't know I thought it was worth mentioning

Another little note I thought that might be worth posting was the fact that during most of the set, the lead vocalist kept going on and on about how the crowed tonight was just tremendous and how it reminded him of the type of crowed he use to see at thrash shows back in 84-85...so I kind of felt a little special to be a part of that

Not really much else to say, other than that I spent pretty much during all of Death Angels set just Mindlessly thrasing, headbanging and moshing like a goddamn maniac. And I also Bumped into Andrew Metal head a couple of times. Other than that... Good times, great moments...all in the good name of METAL

Keep it real folks, Good night..

I Chose The Sky
Evil Priest
Buried Alive
Mistress Of Pain
Claws In So Deep
Seemingly Endless Time
This Hate
Relentless Revolution
(Acoustic outro from Claws In So Deep played over the P.A.)
Truce
Purgatory (Iron Maiden cover, no vocals) /
Veil Of Deception
Opponents At Sides
Bored /
Heaven And Hell (Black Sabbath cover)
Thrashers
----------------------------
Lord Of Hate
River Of Rapture
The Ultra Violence (Intro) / Thrown To The Wolves

Once again....we didn't get "Kill as one" but meh, Great show overall
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 02-21-2011 at 01:47 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:53 AM
Rats off to ya

Thats kind of an odd setlist. They played the outro for Claws In So Deep a couple songs after the played the song? And why would they play River Of Rapture in the encore?
Old 02-21-2011, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
Thats kind of an odd setlist. They played the outro for Claws In So Deep a couple songs after the played the song? And why would they play River Of Rapture in the encore?
I have no fucking clue why, but that could be due to the fact that I spent the majority of their set moshing, and headbanging to the point that I didn't really pay attention or care about them flip flopping and switching shit around the set. Good times none the less. I just wished there were more older folks at the gig. WAY TOO many youngsters in the crowed last night! I want to say the majority of the crowed was between 14-16 years old
11/14 - Slayer
Old 02-21-2011, 01:20 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
I have no fucking clue why, but that could be due to the fact that I spent the majority of their set moshing, and headbanging to the point that I didn't really pay attention or care about them flip flopping and switching shit around the set. Good times none the less. I just wished there were more older folks at the gig. WAY TOO many youngsters in the crowed last night! I want to say the majority of the crowed was between 14-16 years old
Thats actually a good thing for Death Angel, or indeed any band in this day and age, as thats what will guarantee them getting a good crowd and being able to tour more.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:09 PM
Headbanger

Sepultura69: Fuckin' A man, good to see you dude. Good fucking times. Screw the big four. This is where the real thrash was at. Seeing the show again tomorrow in Hollywood and Ventura on April 22nd. See ya at Scion Rock Fest.

Writing my review of this show now. To be posted soon.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:15 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_metalhead View Post
Screw the big four.
After reading your Megadeth reviews, I have a feeling that you will go back on this statement one day
Old 02-21-2011, 04:18 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkwine732 View Post
After reading your Megadeth reviews, I have a feeling that you will go back on this statement one day
Oh I love all four bands (well except for Anthrax really) but I'm just saying their shows aren't "thrash" shows anymore. I do love them for what they are though.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Sepultura69: Fuckin' A man, good to see you dude. Good fucking times.
Like wise!! It was great seeing you too man. It's always nice to see familiar faces. Hope to see you again at Scion Rock Fest

Quote:
Screw the big four.
Meh, Say what you will....but I PERSONALLY love Slayer more than any metal band this world has to offer....They will always remain as my all time favorite Metal Band and I feel like no other band will ever be able to touch the legacy they left on the metal world....Yes I know I'm being a selfish cock sucking biased fan boy.....and I'm not ashamed of it

Quote:
Seeing the show again tomorrow in Hollywood and Ventura on April 22nd. See ya at Scion Rock Fest.

I would also like to hear how your experience at the key club was and how much different the experience was to the chain reaction gig, when you get the chance.
11/14 - Slayer
Old 02-21-2011, 04:46 PM
sheds on white

damn I wish I could've seen Death Angel on this tour. Only good reviews on these motherfuckers so far.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:49 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

I'm going on Friday, I'm getting excited.

Tags
death angel