Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 02-19-2011, 09:54 AM
The best part of waking up, is Satan in your cup

Parkway Drive -- Kansas City, MO -- February 18th, 2011

Holy shit. I don't care what you have to say about the music, the scene, r the people, but this is easily one of the best shows I have been to in a long, long, long time. We headed out to the Beaumont Club at about 5:30 and made it there before the doors open. And the first thing that came to my mind was"oh shit, look at all the scene kids" so i was pretty sure i was gonna get a night full of karate kids and douches. I was wrong. The first band up was a Kc local band, Enemies Laid to Rest. They were band I saw about 4 years ago and have got to hang out with a bit before and it was cool to see them now since their style has changed. So I got to catch up with them a bit and overall they were a pretty good show. I don't care for their clean vocals at all but other than that everything else is really good. Sucked though because they were having some major tech issues.

Next up was The Warriors and I have never heard of them so had no idea what to expect. As soon as they said they were from California I knew they were a hardcore band. And HOLY SHIT they kicked so much ass..

But, before I go on i want to mention something. I have never been to a show at the Beaumont Club were they had no rail what so ever, so i figured it would never happen. Turns out they had no rail this show so what does that mean? Stage diving opportunities, and a lot of other things.

So anyway, they were pretty good for the first few songs, but then about 3 songs in, shit started happening. People started crowd surfing, the band started calling for stage divers. And damn did they come. People jumping on stage screaming along, diving into the crowd..it was fucking intense. My big ass even got up there and stage dived

Next up was The Ghost inside and again I didn't know what to expect. Finally they came on stage and it fucking exploded. The same shit started happening, stage divers, a huge pit and people jumping on stage screaming their fucking lungs out. Fucking insane. For their whole set the crowd went nuts. I'm gonna have to check out there studio stuff to get a fell judgement on the music, but damn they were fucking good.and once again i stage diving more..

After talking to some people in the crowd, i knew i wasn't gonna like the next band, Set Your Goals, and i was right. What the fuck was going on up there i don't know> They sounded like a wanna be A Day To Remember and the music was pretty bad. But I will give them props for going up there and putting on a damn show. They might suck musically but they know how get the crowd going.

About halfway into Set Your Goals i got sick of the music so I took this time
to hang out with some friends and my girl friend, take a piss break, and play some pool. After loosing a close game, it was time to go up for Parkway Drive. I managed to get back up front for Parkway Drive and I was stoked. Though I had doubt how the crowd was gonna be. It was already packed and I was pretty sure most of the people out there were ninja fighters and was expecting this..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuweh...A6A867E75E647B
watch it if you want to laugh

But fuck me sideways just like most of the night, I was wrong. From the moment they hit the stage the crowd went fucking nuts. The pits were respectable, the crowd surfing never stopped and there were so many damn people on stage that i lost track of the band. I don't know how people here feel about Parkway Drive...but damn that was INSANE. Never before have I been to a show like that with people screaming into the mic, the singer actually letting someone take the mic...it was amazing. This show really set the bar high for 2011.

here are some sets

Enemies Laid To Rest(incomplete)
Mana
Condolences
Releasing

Set Your Goals
Flight
Gaia Bleeds
Work In Progress/ We Do It For The Money, OBVIOUSLY
Fallen
Start The Reactor
This Very Moment
To Be Continued
Echoes
Goonies
Summer Jam
Mutiny!

Parkway Drive
Samsara
Unrest
Boneyards
Idols and Anchors
Mutiny
Sleepwalker
Dead Man's Chest
Deliver Me
Home Is For The Heartless
Sirens Song
Romance Is Dead
Set To Destroy

Encore
Carrion

Enemies Laid To Rest: 6.5/10
The Warriors: 9/10
The Ghost Inside: 8.5/10
Set Your Goals: 5/10
Parkway Drive: 10/10

Notes for Jd091.
the moshing was actually moshing, there were a few ninjas...but they came in went. if your show is anything like mine, your in for a fucking show. and sorry wasn't able to get the ghost inside's set
Old 02-19-2011, 12:35 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Sounds like an awesome time! I saw Suicidal Tendencies at the Beaumont and they had no rail and there were tons of stage divers there! Fun stuff.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:43 PM
Altars of Radness

I'm glad it was a good show. The Parkway Drive set disappoints me a bit though. I wish they would play a couple more songs, I mean they have three albums now. But it doesn't surprise me, since a lot of the metalcore and deathcore bands play short sets.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:51 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
But it doesn't surprise me, since a lot of metal bands play short sets.
FTFY
Old 02-19-2011, 01:16 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

Nice review. I am digging Parkway Drive's setlist, they are playing most of their best songs.
1/25 August Burns Red
1/31 Machine Head

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 02-19-2011, 01:57 PM
Was it worth it?

Nice. Thinking about going to see them when they come around.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:28 PM
N00B

Oh man I wanna go just to see them play Romance is Dead
9/16 - Parkway Drive
9/24 - Crush Em All
12/7 - BTBAM/AAL
Old 02-19-2011, 03:31 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Thanks for the awesome review! This is a big relief to read, since I've been getting mixed comments back from people on Youtube vids on how Parkway Drive is live. Feels great to see a fellow metalhead enjoy the show. I think I'm gonna wear my Nile shirt just to give a big to all the scene kiddies.

I will say that I'm seeing them in the House of Blues, so there's a big rail and lots of security guys. Highly doubt there will be stagediving/singing into the mic, as thats the essence of a good hardcore show. Oh well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_to_the_face View Post
Notes for Jd091.
the moshing was actually moshing, there were a few ninjas...but they came in went. if your show is anything like mine, your in for a fucking show. and sorry wasn't able to get the ghost inside's set
This is awesome news! I think I'm gonna get there early so I can be on the rail for The Warriors and The Ghost Inside, then I'll probably take a drinking break during Set Your Goals, and get in the pit for all of Parkway.

No problem on TGI's set; they only have 2 albums out and I have a pretty good idea what they're gonna play. I HIGHLY recommend checking them out; they're my favorite melodic hardcore band by far. "Returners" was a near-perfect album for their genre IMAO; the song structure and lyrics are brilliant. Check out "Greater Distance" and "Between the Lines", those songs have been cycling through my playlists a ton lately.

Monday nights gonna be crazy! Now you got me all excited, I don't know what the hell I'm gonna do all tonight and tomorrow... I haven't seen a show in months, and its eating away at me...
Old 02-19-2011, 06:09 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Oh, and Nick_to_the_face: Your avatar pic is amazing.

MY ANUS IS BLEEEEEEEEEDING
Old 02-19-2011, 06:17 PM
N00B

I'm pretty excited for this show (mainly The Ghost Inside). The only downside is that my show is at the House of Blues so there won't be stage diving really :/

Tags
enemies laid to rest, parkway drive, set your goals