King Buzzo -- Dover, NH -- July 9, 2014
Slash -- Hampton Beach, NH -- July 9th, 2014
Sebastian Bach -- London, England -- July 9th, 2014
Extreme -- London, England -- July 8th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 02-09-2011, 10:52 AM
Headbanger

Finntroll -- Hollywood, CA -- February 8th, 2011

Enjoyed all five bands including the local opener. Setlists and interview links below. I'll post a review soon.

Voices Of Ruin:
Cast Down .. Cast Out
Lights To The Sky
Torn Apart
Dark Passenger
Lost In A Dream

Barren Earth:
Forlorn Waves
Our Twilight
Ere All Perish
Flicker
The Leer
Cold Earth Chamber
Floodred

Rotten Sound:
The Effects
Praise the Lord
Void
Insects
Mass Suicide
Terrified
Doomed
Self
Plan
Power
Blind
The Kill (Napalm Death cover)
Slay
Western Cancer
Days to Kill
Hollow
Gdp
Burden
Sell Your Soul
Targets

Ensiferum:
By the Dividing Stream
From Afar
Token of Time
Into Battle
Smoking Ruins
Deathbringer From the Sky
Stone Cold Metal
Athi
The New Dawn
Lai Lai Hei
Twilight Tavern
Victory Song
Iron

Finntroll:
Blodmarsch
Solsagan
Den Frusna Munnen / Boingo
Slaget Vid Blodsälv
Skogens Hämnd
Nedgång
Ett Norrskensdåd
Nattfödd
Midnattens Widunder
Eliytres
Grottans Barn
Trollhammaren
Under Bergets Rot
Mot Skuggornas Värld
Maktens Spira
Dråp
Jaktens Tid

Finntroll interview: http://metalassault.com/Interviews/020811_Finntroll.php

Ensiferum interview: http://metalassault.com/Interviews/020811_Ensiferum.php

Rotten Sound interview: http://metalassault.com/Interviews/0...tten_Sound.php

Barren Earth interview: http://metalassault.com/Interviews/0...rren_Earth.php

Last edited by andrew_metalhead; 02-13-2011 at 09:30 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:03 PM

i haven't been on this site in a long time but i just came by to say that this was probably one of the most fun shows i've ever been to. i like Finntroll more but i think Ensiferum stole the show. Ensiferum had a lot of crazy active moving pits and the crowd was more into them. Finntroll pits not as much but they were still fun. they had a lot of folk dancing in the pits like arm linking and going in circles.

my friend and i who have liked folk metal for years won 8 tickets off facebook. so we decided to take our friends who we always hang out with, but don't go to shows with because they don't listen to metal. they were all interested in going since it was free. they have been to shows before but never a folk metal show so they had no idea what to expect even though they did hear some songs from both bands prior to the show and somewhat liked it. basically they all loved the show and all had a blast. all of us moshed and folk danced a lot, even the 3 girls we took went in the pit a few times. they just expected to have an okay watching metal bands but they had no idea the show was going to be that much to them. after last night they all pretty understand why i go to shows so much now. they all said they'd be interested in going to more shows with me so that's cool.

inb4 cool story bro

after seeing this show i'm debating to go see Eluveitie next week.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X

Last edited by xStructualDefect; 02-09-2011 at 01:06 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:05 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by xStructualDefect View Post
i haven't been on this site in a long time but i just came to say that this was probably one of the most fun shows i've ever been to. i like Finntroll more but i think Ensiferum stole the show. Ensiferum had a lot of crazy active moving pits. Finntroll pits not as much but they were still fun. they had a lot of folk dancing in the pits like arm linking and going in circles.

my friend and i who have liked folk metal for years won 8 tickets off facebook. so we decided to take our friends who we always hang out with, but don't go to shows with because they don't listen to metal. they were all interested in going since it was free. they have been to shows before but never a folk metal show so they had no idea what to expect even though they did hear some songs from both bands prior to the show and somewhat liked it. basically they all loved the show and all had a blast. all of us moshed and folk danced a lot, even the 3 girls we took went in the pit a few times. they just expected to have an okay watching metal bands but they had no idea the show was going to be that much to them. after last night they all pretty understand why i go to shows so much now.

after seeing this show i'm debating to go see Eluveitie next week.
Right on man, glad you guys had fun. Weird that I didn't run into you last night lol. You should definitely go to Eluveitie, always a fun live band.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:19 PM

yeah i knew i was going to have fun but i didn't expect them to have so much fun. yeah i'm suprised i didn't see you. i got in the venue right when Ensiferum's intro was playing and i pretty much stayed in the pit or on the edge of it the entire time for them and Finntroll. and i probably will end up going they're always a lot of fun live.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Old 02-09-2011, 04:25 PM
N00B

Quote:

my friend and i who have liked folk metal for years won 8 tickets off facebook. so we decided to take our friends who we always hang out with, but don't go to shows with because they don't listen to metal. they were all interested in going since it was free. they have been to shows before but never a folk metal show so they had no idea what to expect even though they did hear some songs from both bands prior to the show and somewhat liked it. basically they all loved the show and all had a blast. all of us moshed and folk danced a lot, even the 3 girls we took went in the pit a few times. they just expected to have an okay watching metal bands but they had no idea the show was going to be that much to them. after last night they all pretty understand why i go to shows so much now. they all said they'd be interested in going to more shows with me so that's cool.
Yeah I took 2 friends that don't even like metal at all to a Korpiklaani show and they had a blast. There are just some bands that are just pure fun live...doesn't matter if they're not your thing.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:05 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

Grazzi for the Barren Earth set. I saw they played the title track from COTRR not too long ago, and I'm sort of bummed they aren't playing it this tour.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:38 AM
N00B

I went to the Santa Ana show instead because of the cheaper tickets and free parking. I'm a little bummed out that Ensiferums set was 3 songs short though.
6/14 Mötley Crüe (Working)
6/24 Children of Bodom
7/22 Soundgarden (Working)
Old 02-10-2011, 11:40 AM
How're yeh?

When Ensiferum was on the From Afar tour in the city, we got fucked out of a couple great songs, Treacherous Gods, Tunmaan Virran Taa, and The Longest Journey. Venue was changed last second to the Gramercy at 10pm, some shitty Deathcore bands played before and took too long or something, and the concert went on to at least 2:15am or something. It'd be nice if they played the songs they didn't last time, here's to hoping....
Old 02-10-2011, 02:49 PM
N00B

Quote:

my friend and i who have liked folk metal for years won 8 tickets off facebook. so we decided to take our friends who we always hang out with, but don't go to shows with because they don't listen to metal.
Awesome man, I'm taking my best friend next week to see Eluveitie even though he doesn't listen to metal either. He's a black dude and into rap and r&b but he's been asking me when I'm gonna take him to a gig. It's pretty cool that he's willing to give it a chance.
6/14 Mötley Crüe (Working)
6/24 Children of Bodom
7/22 Soundgarden (Working)
Old 02-13-2011, 09:29 PM
Headbanger

Barren Earth interview: http://metalassault.com/Interviews/0...rren_Earth.php

Tags
barren earth, ensiferum, finntroll, rotten sound, voices of ruin