Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Judas Priest -- Vorst, Belgium -- March 16th, 1991
Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014
Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013
Family Values Tour -- Denver, CO -- November 11th, 2001
Judas Priest -- Salt Lake City, UT -- November 12th, 1990


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 02-21-2011, 04:55 PM
Sepultura69's Avatar
Sepultura69 Sepultura69 is offline
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Planet Caravan
Posts: 3,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkwine732 View Post
I'm going on Friday, I'm getting excited.
That's great man, I hope you have a killer time. Does this mean you will be skipping them out at Scion Rock Fest? Sadly I will be skipping out on good ol' Death Angel so I can go ape shit during Obituarys set

That's why I don't feel so bad any more about missing Death Angel
__________________
7/18 - Morbid Angel
8/2 - Morbid Saint
8/31 - Sleep
10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-21-2011, 07:02 PM
andrew_metalhead's Avatar
andrew_metalhead andrew_metalhead is offline
Headbanger
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,447
Regd. Scion fest, I'm planning to catch a little bit of all bands' sets. I think that's what festivals are for. I wouldn't go there solely to see any particular band, but may be that's just me.

My review of last night's show: http://metalassault.com/Live_Reviews...eath_Angel.php
__________________
For all your metal needs, go to http://metalassault.com
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-21-2011, 07:31 PM
elturtleboy's Avatar
elturtleboy elturtleboy is offline
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: California/LA
Posts: 3,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_metalhead View Post
Regd. Scion fest, I'm planning to catch a little bit of all bands' sets. I think that's what festivals are for. I wouldn't go there solely to see any particular band, but may be that's just me.

My review of last night's show: http://metalassault.com/Live_Reviews...eath_Angel.php
ur all wet over them now? we told u to go with us last year with us when it was free!(even tho u always get in free everywhere).
__________________
8/5-Sea Of Shit/Stpled Shut?
8/9-Stan Ridgway/English Beat?
8/14-7 Seconds/JFA?
9/12-Samhain/Goatwhore
10/31-King Diamond
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-21-2011, 07:38 PM
andrew_metalhead's Avatar
andrew_metalhead andrew_metalhead is offline
Headbanger
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by elturtleboy View Post
ur all wet over them now? we told u to go with us last year with us when it was free!(even tho u always get in free everywhere).
I've always been all wet over them. That night I wanted to see the other band though because they don't tour that often and their bassist is the almighty John Paul Jones.
__________________
For all your metal needs, go to http://metalassault.com
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-21-2011, 07:51 PM
idrinkwine732's Avatar
idrinkwine732 idrinkwine732 is offline
Pursue happiness with diligence
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Washington, D.C.
Posts: 4,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
That's great man, I hope you have a killer time. Does this mean you will be skipping them out at Scion Rock Fest? Sadly I will be skipping out on good ol' Death Angel so I can go ape shit during Obituarys set

That's why I don't feel so bad any more about missing Death Angel
Well, SRF isn't necessarily a 100% deal right now, so I'm seeing them when I can. I got something big on Friday afternoon, so driving down will be tough. I might be able to do it.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-21-2011, 10:02 PM
Sepultura69's Avatar
Sepultura69 Sepultura69 is offline
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Planet Caravan
Posts: 3,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_metalhead View Post
Awesome review. It really did feel like being in an old thrash show in the mid 80s.
__________________
7/18 - Morbid Angel
8/2 - Morbid Saint
8/31 - Sleep
10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 02-21-2011 at 10:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-22-2011, 09:35 AM
Metal375 Metal375 is offline
Tanith First & Only
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: California
Posts: 29
Cool review Sep (and yours as well, Andrew) - looking forward to the show tonight at Key Club. Chain Reaction is an all-ages club, so that would probably explain the younger kids there - I thought it was all good when I saw Evile there in December. As for Key Club, it's 16+ (at least for Death Angel), so there were probably be a few more older thrashin' fogeys there, myself included!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-22-2011, 09:37 AM
andrew_metalhead's Avatar
andrew_metalhead andrew_metalhead is offline
Headbanger
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal375 View Post
Cool review Sep (and yours as well, Andrew) - looking forward to the show tonight at Key Club. Chain Reaction is an all-ages club, so that would probably explain the younger kids there - I thought it was all good when I saw Evile there in December. As for Key Club, it's 16+ (at least for Death Angel), so there were probably be a few more older thrashin' fogeys there, myself included!
Thanks man, and yeah I love all-ages venues although it doesn't matter to me as I'm well over 21. But the vibe is great. I wish Key Club also did all-ages but then they wouldn't make any liquor money

See ya tonight! Holy fuck, almost every metalhead I know is going to this show!
__________________
For all your metal needs, go to http://metalassault.com
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-22-2011, 12:30 PM
larvtard's Avatar
larvtard larvtard is offline
and you can never quarantine the past
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
I thought a nice little moment was when the crowed got really silent and I just scream to the top of my lungs "TAKE US BACK, BABY! TAKES US BACK TO THE GOOD OL' DAYS", and the singer looks at me and says "OH YOU HOLD ON THERE, WE WILL DEFINITELY GET INTO THAT, BUT YOU JUST GOTTA HOLD ON. WE WILL DEFINITELY TAKE YOU BACK", I don't know I thought it was worth mentioning


Mark Osgueda is the fucking MAN. He's just one of the coolest motherfuckers ever.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-24-2011, 06:46 PM
Onioner Onioner is offline
One who onions things
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Everywhere, CA
Posts: 1,935
Hey does anyone who's seen this tour know if they've had any CDs at the merch booth? I've been looking for a copy of Archives and Artifacts, but they've become pretty expensive since going out of print.
__________________
Flotsam & Jetsam and/or War Master - 7/9
Grindcore Fest - 7/12
Exodus - 7/25
Impaled (?) - 8/15
Sleep - 8/30
Swans - 9/10
King Diamond - 10/31
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
death angel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:52 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008