Black Sabbath -- Ottawa, ON -- April 13th, 2014
Nile -- Baltimore, MD -- April 15th, 2014
Within Temptation -- Newcastle, England -- April 14th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 02-19-2011, 07:01 PM
The best part of waking up, is Satan in your cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Sounds like an awesome time! I saw Suicidal Tendencies at the Beaumont and they had no rail and there were tons of stage divers there! Fun stuff.
Nice really wish I could have went to that show

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
I'm glad it was a good show. The Parkway Drive set disappoints me a bit though. I wish they would play a couple more songs, I mean they have three albums now. But it doesn't surprise me, since a lot of the metalcore and deathcore bands play short sets.
Ya i thought the same. Really wish they would have played more off of Don't Close Your Eyes. We got to see Winston after the show and talk to him a bit and i said they should play Looks L:Ike Yoda off that album and he said he was surprised anyone over here knew that stuff. Thats probably why they don't play older stuff. Either way it was a bad ass show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
Nice review. I am digging Parkway Drive's setlist, they are playing most of their best songs.
Thanks man I appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Thanks for the awesome review! This is a big relief to read, since I've been getting mixed comments back from people on Youtube vids on how Parkway Drive is live. Feels great to see a fellow metalhead enjoy the show. I think I'm gonna wear my Nile shirt just to give a big to all the scene kiddies.

I will say that I'm seeing them in the House of Blues, so there's a big rail and lots of security guys. Highly doubt there will be stagediving/singing into the mic, as thats the essence of a good hardcore show. Oh well...

This is awesome news! I think I'm gonna get there early so I can be on the rail for The Warriors and The Ghost Inside, then I'll probably take a drinking break during Set Your Goals, and get in the pit for all of Parkway.

No problem on TGI's set; they only have 2 albums out and I have a pretty good idea what they're gonna play. I HIGHLY recommend checking them out; they're my favorite melodic hardcore band by far. "Returners" was a near-perfect album for their genre IMAO; the song structure and lyrics are brilliant. Check out "Greater Distance" and "Between the Lines", those songs have been cycling through my playlists a ton lately.

Monday nights gonna be crazy! Now you got me all excited, I don't know what the hell I'm gonna do all tonight and tomorrow... I haven't seen a show in months, and its eating away at me...
No problem man! It really was an amazing show. I would definitely try to get up front for that since there will be a rail but either way, most likely gonna be great show. Make sure to post your review man!
Quote:
Oh, and Nick_to_the_face: Your avatar pic is amazing.

MY ANUS IS BLEEEEEEEEEDING
Old 02-19-2011, 07:37 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

The rail it is! Do you have any suggestion on when I should arrive for front and center? I'm thinking a least an hour, probably 1 1/2 or even 2 to be safe.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:55 PM
Sleeping Giant

Quote:
I'm glad it was a good show. he Parkway Drive set disappoints me a bit though. I wish they would play a couple more songs, I mean they have three albums now. But it doesn't surprise me, since a lot of the metalcore and deathcore bands play short sets.
They actually have 4 albums
But i still loved this show, it was crazy
Old 02-19-2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose_666 View Post
YOU GUYS ARE SUCH COCKTEASES; CAN'T YOU SEE I'M TRYING TO SLEEP

Old 02-19-2011, 10:33 PM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
They actually have 4 albums
Don't Close Your Eyes is an EP, not an album. It just had a couple more songs than a typical EP would.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:39 PM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
I will say that I'm seeing them in the House of Blues, so there's a big rail and lots of security guys. Highly doubt there will be stagediving/singing into the mic, as thats the essence of a good hardcore show. Oh well...
Same here (HoB in Hollywood), so that aspect of the show will definitely be missing. It will still be great though, I'm sure.

And I don't think you will have to show up that early to get on the rail. In my experiences for these types of shows, people on the rail come and go. So you could probably get a spot after the first or second band if you just wait for someone to move.

Last edited by treghet; 02-19-2011 at 10:41 PM.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:36 PM
N00B

you should download or buy both ghost inside albums, theyre both amazing. how you compare set your goals to an a day to remember wannabe band is beyond me. they are two completely different styles of music, and theyve both been around the same time. in my opinion they sound nothing alike. SYG is a straight pop punk band with hardcore tendencies, and their latest album is closer to alt rock.. ADTR is metalcore and pop punk if you litterally fused parts of the two together and thats what you get. but, i think SYG is fucking awesome, and talented musicians. not to mention that they are probably one of the most original bands in that scene right now. so do yourself a favor and go download Mutiny! and give it a listen, if you dont like it then whatever, no harm done
Old 02-20-2011, 08:13 AM
Sleeping Giant

Quote:
Don't Close Your Eyes is an EP, not an album. It just had a couple more songs than a typical EP would.
Yes but then they re-released it with 13 songs instead of the original 8.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:06 AM

I just realized: why are Parkway Drive not playing Smoke 'em if you got 'em? I thought that was one of their staple songs. And I like it a lot...
Old 02-20-2011, 12:36 PM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
I just realized: why are Parkway Drive not playing Smoke 'em if you got 'em? I thought that was one of their staple songs. And I like it a lot...
Yeah, it seems like they usually play that or "It's Hard to Speak Without a Tongue". And those are a couple of my favorites by them.

Quote:
Yes but then they re-released it with 13 songs instead of the original 8.
Technically you could call that an album, but do you really think that's what it is? Those extra songs are just from their previous split and two compilations. It's not like it was new material or previously unreleased songs. I'm not trying to be rude or anything, I'm just saying, in my opinion it's not a full length, because it was pasted together like a compilation.

Tags
enemies laid to rest, parkway drive, set your goals