The Goddamn Gallows -- Long Beach, CA -- April 16th, 2014
Unearth -- Ottawa, Ontario -- April 15th, 2014
Black Sabbath -- Ottawa, Ontario -- April 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 02-17-2011, 09:37 PM
Bring Me The Horizon > Opeth

Motorhead -- Kansas City, MO -- February 17th, 2011

Great show from all the bands, but WOW what a performance by Clutch. BUT FIRST:

I got to the venue right at eight o'clock, but the line was still stretched around the block. I hear Valient Thorr playing while I waited to get in and missed about half their set. Their sound mix wasn't all that great, but the band was as great as ever. Kansas City is their second home, so I'm sure I'll be seeing a lot of them very soon.

I finally did it! I lost my Clutch show virginity! And what a show it was! Neil was moving all around and the music sounded great. Lots of great grooves; it's impossible not to move around to the beat at a Clutch performance! Big News I was really good, but my favorite song they did was Immortal. That song sounds great live! Might be the best opening set I've ever seen. Big thanks to Brad and Jeff for helping me figure out their set!

Motorhead was Motorhead. Nothing more, nothing less. I will say I enjoyed them a bit more than the last time I saw them. Also wasn't as loud as I remember. Still awesome. Songs like "Rock Out" and "I Got Mine" were great, but my personal favorite was "Going to Brazil." It's just too much fun. The guitar solo was kind of lame, but the drum solo was great. Always fun to see this legendary band, so hopefully they'll be around a while longer!

Motorhead:

We Are Motörhead
Stay Clean
Get Back In Line
Metropolis
Over the Top
One Night Stand
Rock Out
Guitar Solo
The Thousand Names of God
I Got Mine
I Know How To Die
The Chase Is Better Than the Catch
In the Name of Tragedy
Drum Solo
Just 'Cos You Got the Power
Going to Brazil
Killed by Death
Ace of Spades
---------
Overkill

Clutch (thanks Brad and Jeff!)

50,000 Unstoppable Watts
The Mob Goes Wild
Freakonomics
Pure Rock Fury
Big News I > jam > Big News II
The Incomparable Mr. Flannery
Child of the City
Immortal
Let a Poor Man Be

Motorhead - 8/10
Clutch - 9/10
Valient Thor - 8/10
04/24 - Iron Reagan
05/13 - SLAYER
Old 02-17-2011, 09:59 PM
One who onions things

Congrats on getting your Clutch cherry popped! Wow, no Electric Worry/One Eye Dollar or Gravel Road closing Clutch's set, that's certainly a surprise! Three songs from Strange Cousins From the West is three too many in my humble opinion, but hey, looks like you got a bitchin' set anyway. Nice representation from their albums (nothing from Elephant Riders though, but that's expected to a degree I suppose), and Big News I and II must have been great.
Neurosis/Bl'ast!/YOB (???) 12/29
Old 02-18-2011, 01:40 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

First and foremost... Manks congrats on finally seeing Clutch!!! Didn't get to see any of Valient Thorr. Got there just in time for Clutch. Damn. Time after time they show why they are one of the most consistent live bands out there & are one of the best at switching up their sets every night. Really digging Neil tonight. Seemed a little bit more aggressive on stage than usual. Definitely enjoyed that. Guess I had got spoiled w/ Gravel Road bc last 2-3 times I've seen Clutch they opened w/ it. Instead getting 50K UW wasn't an ideal opener. Jealous bc alot of other dates got The Dragonfly and we did not My whole night was made w/ them doing The Incomprable Mr. Flannery. I haven't been lucky enough to get that in a long time. Coulda done w/o Freakonomics. Still have yet to get Motherless Child off new album. Everything else was amazing as they always are. My only questionable choice of theirs was Let A Poor Man Be as their closer. Happy to hear it bc it was my first time hearing it but a closer? Judging by the crowd it seemed kind of a letdown. I saw Neil get his guitar & hoped for Gravel Road or even EW/OED. Kind of buzzkill to end night but still love 'em, I believe this was #7 time seeing them.

Motörhead was motörhead. Lemmy seemed a little slow on We Are Motörhead which bummed me out bc I love that song. Seemed a little off on a few songs but still very minor. Thank god I've gone 2 years between seeing them. My ears cannot take that too often. The level of loud is indescribable. New songs sounded great. Mikey Dee's solo is actually a solo that doesn't suck. Good call Manks as well. Goin to Brazil is probably my favorite as well. Outside of Lemmy being inaudible a few times another solid set. Sad that shirts are now apparently being sold like arena prices ($35-40). However one of guys I went w/ bought an autographed drum head for $30. Kinda hating myself for not buying. Oh well. Killer show, lot better than my last KC show for BLS.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:52 AM
N00B

Pure Rock Fury AND Immortal? Win.
5/23 MDF
7/20 QOTSA
7/30 NINSG
Old 02-18-2011, 05:42 AM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

You guys are getting me way to excited to see these guys next weekend! Looks like Clutch stole the show (kind of what I expected). I'm hoping they play Immortal in Toronto, I've always thought that would sound great live.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:55 AM
The best part of waking up, is Satan in your cup

This was my first time seeing Clutch as well the first time actually listening to them..But from what i heard I'm probably gonna check em out here sometime soon.
My girl friend and I got there about 6:30 and when the doors finally opened we got up on the gate right on Phil's side for the second time in a row I dug Valient Thorr a lot actually, since i didn't know what to expect they surprised me. Thought it was pretty damn cool when the lead singer jumped in the crowd, not sure what he did though.
Like I said I never listened to Clutch before hand but they weren't bad. Set kinda dragged on in my opinion. Probably cause i'm not a fan though.
Then Finally the mighty Motorhead Though they came out kinda rough with We Are Motorhead, I think they picked up by the Rock On. For me the highlights were Going To Brazil and Killed By Death. Also, I caught 4 picks and before Overkill kicked in Phil Campbell handed me his drink off stage
Over a pretty badass night
Old 02-18-2011, 12:14 PM
Bobb O)))

yep i'll be popping my cherry when i see this tour too haha
10/4-Melvins
Old 02-18-2011, 12:19 PM
Bring Me The Horizon > Opeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_to_the_face View Post
Also, I caught 4 picks and before Overkill kicked in Phil Campbell handed me his drink off stage
04/24 - Iron Reagan
05/13 - SLAYER
Old 02-18-2011, 01:27 PM
We're dying on the inside

Time for n00bs to buy every Clutch album now.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:46 PM
Metallifan

Im probably gonna get some flac for this but I did not enjoy Clutch when i saw them. I thought the were pretty boring. Motorhead and Valient thor were good though

Tags
clutch, motorhead