Judas Priest -- Vorst, Belgium -- March 16th, 1991
Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014
Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013
Family Values Tour -- Denver, CO -- November 11th, 2001
Judas Priest -- Salt Lake City, UT -- November 12th, 1990

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 02-16-2011, 10:50 PM
N00B

I agree, I saw him 3 times in 2010, and each set was pretty much the same, and all of the sets I've seen on this website have been very similar as well. I agree, he needs to change it up a bit. Educated Horses is criminally underplayed. American Witch and Let it All Bleed Out (even Foxy, Foxy) should be live staples. Play more White Zombie like Electric Head (either part), Welcome to Planet Motherfucker, Blur the Technicolor, etc.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:24 AM
N00B

I'm just happy to have seen him live. I've waited 11/12 years to see him and I thought it was never going to happen!

And I get to see him again at Download
Old 02-17-2011, 01:16 AM
RockersDigest Reviewer

Well I have to admit I'm feeling slightly disappointed on reflection on last night's London show.

Not Rob Zombie's fault but as usual Brixton seems to have a complete inability to organise getting people into the venue at any speed. Seriously, if a band I like is playing here I actually hope the support is one I'm not bothered about as I'm likely to miss them. Queue was round the block when we headed there so went for a pint instead and ended up missing Skindred.

Seemed like an age until Rob Zombie came on with roadies running round. Not really surprising given it was the first night of the European Tour and hopefully that will settle as tour progresses.

The stage show was spectacular yes, but the sound was poor and Rob's vocal wasn't great. Setlist was OK, but the choices for the encore seemed rather anticlimatic and lots of people were leaving due to late finish - he didn't come on until after 9.30.

Crowd felt fairly flat to me too, with people seemingly waiting to watch what would happen next rather than get into the music. Dragula was an exception to this. The number of people holding mobiles up was really annoying with people trying to film the gig. I asked one girl to take her's down who had filmed the first two songs and when she refused I thought fair enough and moved in front of her and her boyfriend so I could see and ended up nearly having a fight with him!
Old 02-17-2011, 01:42 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
So...how was it?
Out-fucking-standing. I'm often disappointed by shows I wait a long time to see (I know, shocking, right?), but this one nailed it.

If he pulls that off at Sweden Rock it'll be a blast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
time's running out for a competent sounding White Zombie reunion. Hope he gets it together, bc the solo stuff gets more laughable w/every new release. wrap it up Rob.
Never gonna happen.

And he's not steadily getting worse either, it's only the new album that sucks (aside from a couple of songs). The last one was his best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
Does Zombie still suck live???
Given that he never did and you've always been wrong about that, no, he still doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wroed View Post
Well I have to admit I'm feeling slightly disappointed on reflection on last night's London show.

Not Rob Zombie's fault but as usual Brixton seems to have a complete inability to organise getting people into the venue at any speed. Seriously, if a band I like is playing here I actually hope the support is one I'm not bothered about as I'm likely to miss them. Queue was round the block when we headed there so went for a pint instead and ended up missing Skindred.
Absolutely agree. Because they're so paranoid about searching everyone at the door it takes an age to get in. I was in the queue at 18:40, doors opened at 19:00 and I didn't get in until 19:25, by which time I'd missed nearly half of Revoker's set, which was very disappointing. They should have opened the doors half an hour earlier. Or just be less shit, that would work too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wroed View Post
The stage show was spectacular yes, but the sound was poor and Rob's vocal wasn't great. Setlist was OK, but the choices for the encore seemed rather anticlimatic and lots of people were leaving due to late finish - he didn't come on until after 9.30.

Crowd felt fairly flat to me too, with people seemingly waiting to watch what would happen next rather than get into the music. Dragula was an exception to this. The number of people holding mobiles up was really annoying with people trying to film the gig. I asked one girl to take her's down who had filmed the first two songs and when she refused I thought fair enough and moved in front of her and her boyfriend so I could see and ended up nearly having a fight with him!
Completely different story upstairs. Crowd was great and the sound for Zombie's set was superb. Possibly the best I've heard at that venue. Sound for Skindred and Revoker was fucking awful though. Probably the usual Brixton in-house sound guy, who always floods the bass and drowns everything else out.

30/7 King Diamond
1-2/8 BiesenRock Festival
3/8 Lokerse Festival
16/9 Richie Kotzen

Last edited by ravenheart; 02-17-2011 at 01:50 AM.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:44 AM
Headbanger

Is Skindred popular overseas? I listen to them more than anyone I know but they don't seem to be very popular around here. Really want to see them headline one day...
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther
Old 02-17-2011, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Is Skindred popular overseas? I listen to them more than anyone I know but they don't seem to be very popular around here. Really want to see them headline one day...
I don't think we count as overseas... They're English

They're not doing too bad these days, but they were on their fourth album before anyone really gave a shit. Mostly because for some reason they're one of the bands the gang of conspirators who run the mass-market metal media and the major festivals decided will be force-fed to everyone. They don't normally pick bands for that select group who have been around as long as Skindred, but they seem to have this time.

So now, yeah, they're doing OK. Still no bigger than support status or co-headline with other bands of a similar status. They're playing a 1,500 capacity place in May, co-headlining with Holy Grail (who suck).

Personally, I thought they were great fun live but absolutely none of that energy or heaviness translates to record.

30/7 King Diamond
3/8 Lokerse Festival
16/9 Richie Kotzen
Old 02-17-2011, 03:58 AM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Out-fucking-standing. I'm often disappointed by shows I wait a long time to see (I know, shocking, right?), but this one nailed it.

If he pulls that off at Sweden Rock it'll be a blast.
Glad to hear it. He's most likely my second favorite live act behind Clutch. Absolutely never disappoints. Glad you finally got the chance to see him.

EDIT: One song from Educated Horses is a disappointment though. You're right - it's likely his best solo disc.

Last edited by DethMaiden; 02-17-2011 at 04:12 AM.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:15 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
I don't think we count as overseas... They're English

They're not doing too bad these days, but they were on their fourth album before anyone really gave a shit. Mostly because for some reason they're one of the bands the gang of conspirators who run the mass-market metal media and the major festivals decided will be force-fed to everyone. They don't normally pick bands for that select group who have been around as long as Skindred, but they seem to have this time.

So now, yeah, they're doing OK. Still no bigger than support status or co-headline with other bands of a similar status. They're playing a 1,500 capacity place in May, co-headlining with Holy Grail (who suck).

Personally, I thought they were great fun live but absolutely none of that energy or heaviness translates to record.
Yeah i've only seen them as openers and they were incredible every time. Last time they blew the headliner off the stage and I became a huge fan. I guess I just assumed they were from California. Are there other English bands like them? I've always liked them because they're unique.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:13 AM

They are pretty unique. I can't think of anyone else really like them. Unless you forced Stuck Mojo and Soulfly to have a love child together

They were good, even with the shitty sound. I just wish they were as good on record. It's all watered down on their albums. All the heaviness and groove is gone

30/7 King Diamond
3/8 Lokerse Festival
16/9 Richie Kotzen
Old 02-17-2011, 06:01 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
They are pretty unique. I can't think of anyone else really like them. Unless you forced Stuck Mojo and Soulfly to have a love child together

They were good, even with the shitty sound. I just wish they were as good on record. It's all watered down on their albums. All the heaviness and groove is gone
No doubt. Yeah their music is way more powerful live but I still liked Roots Rock Riot. It was my #3 ranked cd in in 2007 behind Machine Head & Between the Buried & me. It would still probably be Top 3 or 4 with Baroness - Red Album in there also.

Tags
rob zombie, skindred