Misery Signals -- Toronto, ON -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Boris -- Santa Cruz, CA -- August 21st, 2014

Old 02-14-2011, 10:33 AM
" Amps on Ten, Ears are Bleeding "

Raven -- Montreal, Quebec -- February 13th, 2011

I have been looking forward to this show since the fall. Since the weather was not going to torpedo my mission, I picked up my metal friend and we headed north.

The show was at Petite Campus. This was my first time at this club. Nice place!

The opening band was a local band called Potion 13. I read their website and listened to a couple of songs before I left home. I was hoping they would warm us and get us even more fired up for Raven. By the end of the set I felt the songs were not good. The band played the music well, but the riffs and songs were not memorable at all. Oh well, time to move on. Great boobage though!

This would be my fourth time seeing Raven, and my first since 2000. Based upon their past performances, my anticipation was building!

They hit the stage! Here's the set-

Take Control
Live At The Inferno
All For One
Breaking You Down
Rock Until You Drop
Speed of the Reflex/Run Silent Run Deep
Mind Over Metal
Bulldozer
Architect of Fear
Faster Than The Speed of Light
On And On
For The Future

Encore
Break The Chain

Encore II
Crash, Bang , Wallop

I omitted guitar and bass solos. Please excuse me if I have the order incorrect.

They also played a medley of great rock tunes during Break The Chain (Born to be Wild, Genocide, Rock The Nation, I Don't Need No Doctor, etc..).

This show was great! After all these years Raven still has burning passion for their music and hard rock/metal. I am really grateful to have the opportunity to see them again! John Gallagher gave me hug after the show.

By the way, their new album, Walk Through Fire, is awesome!!

In conclusion, these Gallagher brothers are at the bottom of the dickhead scale whereas another set of Gallagher brothers rule the top of that scale.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:51 PM
One who onions things

I got to see these guys at the free Tidal Wave festival in San Francisco last summer. They tore shit up. It sucks they aren't coming by this time around.

You got one hell of a setlist dude. For the Future and Faster Than the Speed of Light don't happen at every show even if they are relatively frequent, so consider yourself blessed. I'm definitely happy that Speed of the Reflex is a live staple. It's gotta be one of the most underrated metal songs ever.
Impaled (?) - 8/15
Sleep - 8/30
Swans - 9/10
King Diamond - 10/31
Old 02-15-2011, 12:17 PM
" Amps on Ten, Ears are Bleeding "

I consider myself quite fortunate with the set. I would have liked them to play Long Day's Journey. I saw other sets they have played with Long Day's Journey. What would they have omitted? I don't know. We were also very fortunate to get the second encore. Every other set they have ended with Break The Chain. I was yelling for Tyrant of the Airwaves, but alas I am just a sentimental fool.

I am still basking. That show was really great!!

Tags
raven