Exodus -- West Springfield, VA -- November 25th, 2014
Bob Seger -- Saginaw, MI -- November 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 12:26 PM
not a N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratcat90 View Post
Open Minded? I feel like all of these guys are like me and have listened to Whitechapel and the Deathcore scene and not liked a single bit of it. So, if i said the next time that you take a poop, get a fork and knife and eat it, and try to be open minded, you would do it?
There's at least a small bit of difference between feces and music.

And for the record, I've also listened to Whitechapel and don't like them. But, like treghet said, being open minded also means being accepting of other people's opinions.

There's a difference between saying a band sucks and politley saying you aren't into a band. For instance, if I would've went to this show I would've only went to see VOM. Instead of saying 'Whitechapel sucks, burn in hell for liking them', I would've said something along the lines of 'I would go to this for VOM, not a big fan of Whitechapel, probably would've left before they went on.'

Am I being irrational here?
Old 02-12-2011, 12:30 PM
not a N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommie View Post
I just think deathcore is complete shit, like it all you want. To me, it exists simply so kids can go to concerts and pretend to fight invisible ninjas to the music, as isn't that the point of breakdowns? and isn't deathcore nothing but breakdowns?
No, it's not. Ever listen to anything like Painted in Exile, or The Contortionist?

And, hardcore dancing didn't orginate within deathcore. Breakdowns in deathcore were not initially written in mind of hardcore dancing, it's just become a part of the scene.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:01 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Ok, here it goes. I can't keep silent any longer.

I'm going to preface this post with an important quote from hot_turkey_ed in "The Law -- Fuck With It At Your Own Peril" thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_turkey_ed
You're all reasonably free to express your opinions, but mindless 'bashing' will not be tolerated. If you're unhappy about something, at least moan constructively.
So that's one of the only laws here. Easy enough to understand...

Quote:
Why post this? Deathcore is loathed here, mostly. Veil of Maya was one of the worst things I've ever seen. I hate kids who go to concerts to pretend to fight invisible ninjas to shitty music, and yet at the same time it's really funny watching them fight said invisible ninjas to the 3 billion breakdown's in deathcore band's songs.
Wait, what? Why post this? Because deathcore is a subgenre of metal, and this is metalsetlists.com. Why NOT post it? And saying "Deathcore is loathed here mostly" is incredibly arrogant. There's plenty of people here, me included, who like it and are attending this concert and want to see the setlists because, fuck, thats the whole purpose of this site. But kommie isn't done...

Quote:
I just think deathcore is complete shit, like it all you want. To me, it exists simply so kids can go to concerts and pretend to fight invisible ninjas to the music, as isn't that the point of breakdowns? and isn't deathcore nothing but breakdowns?
Ok, bro, you don't like deathcore. Cool beans. You don't need to troll us on that fact. And no, deathcore is not ALL breakdowns; listen to some All Shall Perish and tell me they don't have some of the best solos out there today in metal.

Quote:
Deathcore is total shit.
...and if we didn't get the clue that kommie here doesn't like deathcore, he has to be a pretentious dick and just rub it in. I'm pretty sure this is falling under the 'mindless' bashing hot_turkey_ed was trying to avoid with us.

How many mindlessly bashing people can be on this site?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickLed19 View Post
All deathcore is total shit.
Apparently one more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltongsmith View Post
i agree 1000% percent Veil of Maya is monotonous shit and should be removed from the metal scene they disgrace the metal name.
Scratch that, make it 2 more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltongsmith View Post
go to a REAL metal show. black metal and death metal bands blow these guys away all the time. i dont care how "brutal" it might have been. your opinion is lacking because of your terrible knowledge of "brutal" music. throw on some goatwhore, cannibal corpse, slayer, and watain and listen to what real metal is.
U Fuck!
Well fuck me blind, 3 more! Though coltongsmith pushes me over the edge here. Personally, nothing is going to come close to the sheer brutality and utter monstrosity that is Nile live; I can't picture music getting heavier than that. That being said, who in the fuck are you to judge what other people judge as heavy? So pretentious. Thats mindless bashing if I've ever seen it.

And now comes our little Trollic friend, ratcat90. Oh boy, oh boy...
Quote:
Funny shit guy!! Im with ya Whitechapel is so one of the worst things to happen to Metal. Deathcore is so my least favorite, but i am impressed with Veil of Maya's success. And they are the only band on this bill worthy of respect. As far as Whitechapel goes, they remind me of a the turd that i took this morning. The only thing that is respectable is that they have their own headlining tour and are playing at places like Pops in Sauget and the House of Blues in Chicago. Keep it Metal friends
First of all, I'm pretty sure there's a rule here that we want everybody over the age of 13. Based on the hideous display of grammar I just read, I'm feeling you are 12 at the oldest. You don't like Whitechapel. Go make a thread on it. I get on this thread because

1.) I'm a fan of Whitechapel
2.) I'm going to see 'em live
3.) I want to get an idea of their setlists.

If I want immature pricks telling me their elitist fucking opinion on music, I'll go to the goddamn Mayhem forums.

Quote:
Open Minded? I feel like all of these guys are like me and have listened to Whitechapel and the Deathcore scene and not liked a single bit of it. So, if i said the next time that you take a poop, get a fork and knife and eat it, and try to be open minded, you would do it?
Cool! Then don't comment on this thread!
Quote:
A realization of good music and not horseshit.
We got a mindless basher #4. Treghet comes to save the day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
Do you really think that asking somebody to eat their own feces is an insult? Seriously, I'm sick of this childish bullshit. You have made some of the most immature and useless posts on this forum.
Quote:
Care???????? Nah! Just keeping it real. Sorry i cant know everything about Heavy Metal, like you. This is a site for people to speak their minds! You dont like it, go to a Whitechapel fansite.
True, this is a site for people to speak their minds. Intelligent, smart metal fans. People who respect the music for what it is.

Did you ever consider WHY people who like deathcore post here? Because Whitechapel's site and deathcore sites are full of pretentious dicks. Deathcore assholes. We're all real metal fans here; we love our Slayer and our Iron Maiden and our Opeth. Hell, I'm blasting The Godhead's Lament as I type this. But some of us- unbelievably- also like deathcore. And we want a friendly, mature environment to discuss our likes with other similar metal fans. We want an intelligent metal discourse. That's why I fell in love with this site late last year; there's some of the most mature metal forum posters on any internet site.

What is this site coming to? Is it truly falling from the grace that I thought it represented? Fucking unbelievable. At least we still got some more mature posters like Treghet and even manks coming in to defend the position of our right to post and discuss deathcore. I used to think the hardcore Emmure fans are what made metal look like shit... now I'm seeing a new breed of assholes emerge with some of the posters on this thread.

Anyway, If you've read my wall of text this far, thank you. And please don't ever post a quote from this fictitious figure ever again:

Quote:
"Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do." -Jesus Christ
Old 02-12-2011, 01:09 PM
Now I am become Death. The destroyer of worlds.

Quote:
Im happy that you and others like Whitechapel, I simply do not. They have achieved great success. That is inevitable.
Wrong word.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:12 PM
Look at me now, using torches of fire, look higher than anyone else, I am the great juggler!

Please don't let this board become like the Mayhem Fest boards
Old 02-12-2011, 02:21 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroRob View Post
Wrong word.
Um. No. That is exactly what i meant to say!
Thanks for trying tho?
You must be an English teacher, huh?
Old 02-12-2011, 02:48 PM
N00B

I'm not to fond of Deathcore but I like a couple of bands.
Whitechapel and Winds of Plague.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:15 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

jd091, you are my hero
But you forgot to mention me as one of the mature posters
Old 02-12-2011, 03:33 PM
::Metal Nerd::

to jd091
happy to be the one to push you over the edge
Your Welcome
12/13 Blizzard of Ozzy
12/27 Iron Mullet
1/6 Halestorm
1/21 W13
1/25 Machine Head
Old 02-12-2011, 03:34 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganarchy View Post
jd091, you are my hero
But you forgot to mention me as one of the mature posters
I know there's a bunch; treghet was just one of the guys questiong that kid directly. To you I'll say: You're the man now, Dog!
Closed Thread

Tags
chelsea grin, the acacia strain, veil of maya, whitechapel