Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Old 02-09-2011, 07:10 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
Well I like mainstream. Why do I get the feeling people here hate bands just because they are mainstream?
Also with your lists most of bands are clean singers and the screamers you can understand what they are saying.
My favorite bands are Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Kiss, and Rush. All very mainstream. I don't hate mainstream rock bands because they're popular, I hate them cause they write boring, uninspired music. That's how I feel about all those bands that you're defending right now.

Also, for the record, harsh vocals get old quickly and I can't think of a single band with harsh vocals that I would consider one of my favorites. However, shit tons of respectable black and death metal bands > HellYeah and Disturbed.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 02-09-2011, 08:11 AM
N00B

Indestructible, I totally agree with you. I don't know where people find so many of these bands. And as far as Stone Sour's Audio secrecy goes, I'd say there are at least a few metal songs like Bitter End, Unfinished, and arguably Mission Statement, but I guess I can say it is an overall hard rock record.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:36 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-voltage View Post
Indestructible, I totally agree with you. I don't know where people find so many of these bands.
MAWTHAH FUCKIN' METALHSEHTLIHST DAWT CALM MUTHA FUCKAH

No, not really but i felt like adding a random pluggin' :/
11/14 - Slayer
Old 02-09-2011, 10:44 AM
Headbanger

I'd like to add Sevendust to the argument. Here is a band I 1st saw on a commercial while watching Howard Stern. The music was heavy, melodic and catchy all at the same time. I bought the 1st cd and loved most of it. Years pass and they put out some great music. Not all heavy. Seasons is probably my favorite Sevendust cd and the slower songs are incredible. Then in 2007 they make Alpha. They're heaviest cd to date. They're headlining shows all over the place and build a great following.

What the fuck happened after that is the biggest mystery ever to me. They put out a totally mainstream cd with radio friendly bullshit then follow it up last year with another shitty cd with the 1st single Unraveling being a total bitchy wine-fest of a song.

What does that get them? Opening gigs on shitty tours all over the place...

What were they thinking and why didn't they go heavier with a few melodic songs? Who knows but they're still incredible live but seeing 6 songs last year from a band that has 30 great songs opening for Chevelle, Puddle of Mudd & Shinedown was a total joke. It's like they sold their solus to be mainstream so this might be another reason people hate mainstream shit.