Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Carcass -- Silver Spring, MD -- April 13th, 2014
Destruction -- Montreal, Quebec -- April 14th, 2014
Ghoul -- Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014
Satan -- Philadelphia, PA -- April 14th, 2014
Dave Mustaine with San Diego Symphony -- San Diego, CA -- April 12th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 02-07-2011, 02:23 PM
daimonos's Avatar
daimonos daimonos is offline
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 3,592
of course on the internet I've seen some ridiculous 'black metal fans', like you've mentioned. But I myself am a 'black metal fan'. but then again i'm also a death metal fan, doom metal fan...just a fan of metal in general. Of course I 'explore the genre', but I don't feel the need to search for hours on end to find the most unknown, underground band that I can find. I respect your opinion and all but to say that the Second Wave is bad is a stupid statement. Whenever somebody says Second Wave I think Immortal, Emperor, Enslaved, Mayhem, Burzum, Gorgoroth, and Darkthrone. Black Metal isn't a very diverse genre, it's been more or less the same formula since they've been around. Sure, bands have done things differently and introduced different aspects and styles, but everything can be traced back to those bands, as well as Celtic Frost, Bathory, Sarcofago, Hellhammer, and Venom.
__________________
I've lost track of just about everything.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-07-2011, 02:29 PM
Wizzbang11's Avatar
Wizzbang11 Wizzbang11 is offline
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Monterey CA
Posts: 2,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by daimonos View Post
of course on the internet I've seen some ridiculous 'black metal fans', like you've mentioned. But I myself am a 'black metal fan'. but then again i'm also a death metal fan, doom metal fan...just a fan of metal in general. Of course I 'explore the genre', but I don't feel the need to search for hours on end to find the most unknown, underground band that I can find. I respect your opinion and all but to say that the Second Wave is bad is a stupid statement. Whenever somebody says Second Wave I think Immortal, Emperor, Enslaved, Mayhem, Burzum, Gorgoroth, and Darkthrone. Black Metal isn't a very diverse genre, it's been more or less the same formula since they've been around. Sure, bands have done things differently and introduced different aspects and styles, but everything can be traced back to those bands, as well as Celtic Frost, Bathory, Sarcofago, Hellhammer, and Venom.
first of all
"That said, 2nd wave of Norwegian Black metal is usually really fucking bad and it's fans are worse. "

Immortal, early Gorgoroth and Darkthrone are good, but as a whole it's certainly the most stale of the black metal genres, and also happens to be the most widely worshiped for some reason (probably because of Lords of Chaos.)
By 'black metal' fans I meant people who only like black metal. Obviously there are plenty of awesome people who enjoy that era of music, but when you limit yourself to liking such a specific genre of music, you probably suck.
I highly doubt your average Mayhem shirt sporting Black Metal fan listens to Sarcofago and Hellhammer btw.
Next to deathcore kids, neothrashers and tough guy metallers, they are the worst.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-07-2011, 02:31 PM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by daimonos View Post
of course on the internet I've seen some ridiculous 'black metal fans', like you've mentioned. But I myself am a 'black metal fan'. but then again i'm also a death metal fan, doom metal fan...just a fan of metal in general. Of course I 'explore the genre', but I don't feel the need to search for hours on end to find the most unknown, underground band that I can find. I respect your opinion and all but to say that the Second Wave is bad is a stupid statement. Whenever somebody says Second Wave I think Immortal, Emperor, Enslaved, Mayhem, Burzum, Gorgoroth, and Darkthrone. Black Metal isn't a very diverse genre, it's been more or less the same formula since they've been around. Sure, bands have done things differently and introduced different aspects and styles, but everything can be traced back to those bands, as well as Celtic Frost, Bathory, Sarcofago, Hellhammer, and Venom.
Nah, bro.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-07-2011, 02:43 PM
daimonos's Avatar
daimonos daimonos is offline
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 3,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Nah, bro.
That's not quite what I was trying to convey. There's definitely many different styles and bands that do things differently, but they're all rooted in the second wave. That's the point I was trying to get across.
__________________
I've lost track of just about everything.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Nick_to_the_face's Avatar
Nick_to_the_face Nick_to_the_face is offline
The best part of waking up, is Satan in your cup
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 1,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzbang11 View Post
You know, perhaps it's where I live but I've been thinking about this more since I posted, and most races/classes I see act in a completely stereotypical fashion. I'm compiling a list of black people I know that are not gangsta rap or uncle tom black stereotypes, and I've come up with one. Mexicans it's a bit better, but not by much.
Hey man i'm mexican

and i know plenty of black people who aren't gangster...in fact i know a few that like Destruction, Kreator, Sodom, Annihilator, and such
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-07-2011, 02:57 PM
Wizzbang11's Avatar
Wizzbang11 Wizzbang11 is offline
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Monterey CA
Posts: 2,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_to_the_face View Post
Hey man i'm mexican

and i know plenty of black people who aren't gangster...in fact i know a few that like Destruction, Kreator, Sodom, Annihilator, and such
Yeah, my two best friends and bandmates are Mexican as well. There's nothing wrong with Mexicans, black people etc., but there is plenty wrong with their cultures. Obviously not all black people are gangsters, but that doesn't change the fact that quite a few of them are.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-07-2011, 03:07 PM
Nick_to_the_face's Avatar
Nick_to_the_face Nick_to_the_face is offline
The best part of waking up, is Satan in your cup
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 1,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzbang11 View Post
Yeah, my two best friends and bandmates are Mexican as well. There's nothing wrong with Mexicans, black people etc., but there is plenty wrong with their cultures. Obviously not all black people are gangsters, but that doesn't change the fact that quite a few of them are.
now what exactly do you mean by that? you mean our culture such as what we listen to and eat? and holidays and such?


is there a problem with my tamale eating?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-07-2011, 03:11 PM
powerslave_85's Avatar
powerslave_85 powerslave_85 is offline
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Burlington, VT
Posts: 10,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzbang11 View Post
Yeah, my two best friends and bandmates are Mexican as well. There's nothing wrong with Mexicans, black people etc., but there is plenty wrong with their cultures. Obviously not all black people are gangsters, but that doesn't change the fact that quite a few of them are.
Oh Christ, can we not do this?
__________________
"COLONEL KLINK, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?!"
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-07-2011, 03:11 PM
Wizzbang11's Avatar
Wizzbang11 Wizzbang11 is offline
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Monterey CA
Posts: 2,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_to_the_face View Post
now what exactly do you mean by that? you mean our culture such as what we listen to and eat? and holidays and such?


is there a problem with my tamale eating?
No mexican food fucking rules. Same with mexican hospitality.
What doesn't rule is overly macho, sexist and religious assholes who treat animals like shit.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-07-2011, 03:12 PM
Nick_to_the_face's Avatar
Nick_to_the_face Nick_to_the_face is offline
The best part of waking up, is Satan in your cup
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 1,781
so anywho....i wanna know where the hell they got that toilet picture from
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:21 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008