Cannabis Corpse -- Chicago, IL -- December 17th, 2014
Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014
It Lies Within -- Westland, MI -- December 16th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Kansas City, MO -- December 16th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Request A Set List

Old 02-04-2011, 06:31 PM
PSN: BiP_MoNeY

Welcome to Hell Tour - Whitechapel, The Acacia Strain, Veil of Maya

I'm going to the opening night of this tour in Knoxville, TN on Feb 10th. I've never seen any of these bands and I'm fucking stoked . But I really don't know what to expect when it comes to setlists. Does anybody have any ideas as to what songs these bands might play.

Here are my best guesses/wishlist in no particular order.

- I Declare War:
Putrification of the Population
Fuck your claim
destroy the weak
Fractions
???

- Chelsea Grin:
Crewcabanger
Lifeless
Desolation of Eden
Sonnet of the Wretched
Cheyne Stokes
???

- Veil of Maya
It's Not Safe to Swim Today
Mark the Lines
We Bow in It's Aura
Unbreakable
Dark Passenger
Namaste

- The Acacia Strain
Whoa! Shut It Down
Angry Mob Justice
Smoke ya later
Skynet
Seaward (hopefully)
JFC
Jonestown
BTM FDR?
The Hills Have Eyes?

- Whitechapel
Prostatic Fluid Asphyxiation?
Devirgination Studies?
Father of Lies
Possession
This is Exile
Murder Sermon (would be fucking sweet if Vincent did the guest vocals live)
Reprogrammed to hate
The Darkest Day of Man
Breeding Violence
???

I will try to post the setlists this weekend after the show.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:22 PM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

I know we discussed this before but the name of that tour is just wrong

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 02-07-2011, 12:18 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I was about to request that someone please get these setlists up as soon as possible so I know what to expect on the 27th. I'm so stoked for this show! Whitechapel and Veil of Maya are two of my favorite deathcore bands, and Acacia Strain is great also. Say what you will about the deathcore label and karate kids; I'm getting here hours early so I can be front and center on the rail, yelling in Phil's face for the lyrics of Vicer Exciser!

I have no idea what I Declare War or Chelsea Grin will play, because I could care less about their generic deathcore sound. They, to me, sound like complete and utter shit, worse than Oceano or Carnifex. VoM, on the other hand, is one of my favorite bands to come out in the last 3 years, and I'm super pumped to see 'em live finally. I can say that VoM will probably open up with [id] -> Unbreakable, but I'm not sure whats after that. The songs you got predicted seem pretty accurate. I know almost certainly that Acacia Strain has been opening up with The Beast, the first song off Wormwood, which is heavy as hell. Other than that, it seems like a reasonable set you got.

I can also almost guarantee you that Whitechapel will open up with Of Legions -> Darkest Day of Man. Prostatic Fluid Asphyxiation, Posession, and This is Exile are 100% bound to be played, as well as my favorite deathcore song that you are missing... Vicer Exciser! That's pretty much their staple crowd-pleaser, and for good reason. I can almost guarantee you that they'll finish with This is Exile and a Wall of Death, so be prepared. Personally, I've moshed and done walls of death aplenty in my life, and although I love Whitechapel and certain deathcore bands, I have no desire to be in a deathcore pit. I'll just be banging' my head up on the rain, throwin' my horns up for all 3 of those bands.

I also really, REALLY, dig the idea of Murder Sermon getting played with Vincent showing up for guest vocals. That would really make my night.

Anyway, can't wait to hear the sets, as well as how the concert goes! Haters gonna hate, stay metal, and have fun, and smoke 'em if you got 'em!

Last edited by jd091; 02-07-2011 at 12:21 AM.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:28 AM
The best part of waking up, is Satan in your cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I was about to request that someone please get these setlists up as soon as possible so I know what to expect on the 27th. I'm so stoked for this show! Whitechapel and Veil of Maya are two of my favorite deathcore bands, and Acacia Strain is great also. Say what you will about the deathcore label and karate kids; I'm getting here hours early so I can be front and center on the rail, yelling in Phil's face for the lyrics of Vicer Exciser!

I have no idea what I Declare War or Chelsea Grin will play, because I could care less about their generic deathcore sound. They, to me, sound like complete and utter shit, worse than Oceano or Carnifex. VoM, on the other hand, is one of my favorite bands to come out in the last 3 years, and I'm super pumped to see 'em live finally. I can say that VoM will probably open up with [id] -> Unbreakable, but I'm not sure whats after that. The songs you got predicted seem pretty accurate. I know almost certainly that Acacia Strain has been opening up with The Beast, the first song off Wormwood, which is heavy as hell. Other than that, it seems like a reasonable set you got.

I can also almost guarantee you that Whitechapel will open up with Of Legions -> Darkest Day of Man. Prostatic Fluid Asphyxiation, Posession, and This is Exile are 100% bound to be played, as well as my favorite deathcore song that you are missing... Vicer Exciser! That's pretty much their staple crowd-pleaser, and for good reason. I can almost guarantee you that they'll finish with This is Exile and a Wall of Death, so be prepared. Personally, I've moshed and done walls of death aplenty in my life, and although I love Whitechapel and certain deathcore bands, I have no desire to be in a deathcore pit. I'll just be banging' my head up on the rain, throwin' my horns up for all 3 of those bands.

I also really, REALLY, dig the idea of Murder Sermon getting played with Vincent showing up for guest vocals. That would really make my night.

Anyway, can't wait to hear the sets, as well as how the concert goes! Haters gonna hate, stay metal, and have fun, and smoke 'em if you got 'em!
WHY...

why must you dissapointment me
Old 02-09-2011, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_to_the_face View Post
WHY...

why must you dissapointment me
Sorry. I guess VoM is more "Sumeriancore" than deathcore, and Whitechapel was the first deathcore band I ever heard. The Somatic Defilement is still a great record, in my very arrogant opinion. I'm also a pretty big All Shall Perish fan, as well as Winds of Plague, SUE ME. I'm still a traditional death metal fan primarily. What are your favorite deathcore bands?
Old 02-09-2011, 04:20 PM
PSN: BiP_MoNeY

I couldn't agree more with jd091. I'm not really excited to see I declare war or Chelsea grin. I'm just going to see the other three bands.

You can't go wrong with Whitechapel when it comes to deathcore. They are probably my favorite deathcore band. And I also enjoy me some All shall perish and Winds of Plague from time to time. All great bands in my opinion.

BTW new albums
Winds of Plague - April
All Shall Perish - summer
can't wait to hear these
Old 02-09-2011, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmD_metalhead View Post
BTW new albums
Winds of Plague - April
All Shall Perish - summer
can't wait to hear these
Same, especially the new ASP. I don't know if you've seen their studio updates they've been doing, but it sounds pretty sick, especially the solos. They're using 8 string guitars now, too. Whatever. Can't wait to hear the full thing!

Check it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JETU2...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgZw2...layer_embedded
Old 02-09-2011, 06:40 PM

Actually, now that I'm looking at setlists.fm, Whitechapel will probably close with Prostatic Fluid Asphyxiation. I can see it being their encore. It also looks like when it comes to new album songs, they're playing Breeding Violence, Unnerving, and Reprogrammed to Hate. Still hopin' for Vincent to show up for Murder Sermon.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:59 AM
The best part of waking up, is Satan in your cup

Quote:
Sorry. I guess VoM is more "Sumeriancore" than deathcore, and Whitechapel was the first deathcore band I ever heard. The Somatic Defilement is still a great record, in my very arrogant opinion. I'm also a pretty big All Shall Perish fan, as well as Winds of Plague, SUE ME. I'm still a traditional death metal fan primarily. What are your favorite deathcore bands?
Theres nothing wrong with Winds of Plague or All Shall Perish at...its whitchapel ...i just can't stand them. but.. to each his own...i suppose

First deathcore band i heard was job for a cowboy, who i still really like despite what everyone here feels about them. I really like The Acacia Strain, Winds of Plague, As Blood Runs Black.....actually now that i think about it ABRB was my first deathcore band. and right now i can't think of anymore
Old 02-10-2011, 08:06 AM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Actually, now that I'm looking at setlists.fm, Whitechapel will probably close with Prostatic Fluid Asphyxiation.
They haven't done that since they were on tour for the first album. They always close with This Is Exile.