Warped Tour -- Mansfield, MA -- July 10th, 2014
Metallica -- Warsaw, Poland -- July 11th, 2014
Snakecharmer -- London, England -- July 11th, 2014
Aerosmith -- Wantagh, NY -- July 10th, 2014
311 -- Lansing, MI -- July 9th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 02-05-2011, 12:33 AM
N00B

no, youre not wrong at all. u summed it up well. Its not the same as the silly portnoy/7th void examples....def. a false comparison made.

to form a band with the other creative force behind early KSE, have it sound VERY similar to KSE (almost identical on the heavy stuff), add another member from KSE for touring, DO SHOWS WITH KSE only a year ago singing some of that old material, and then come out and tour now and refuse to do a song or two from your highly regarded album (and the only reason anyone gave Seemless a chance) with those same members, is not right. Many people, myself included, bought a ticket to this partly bc i thought i'd get a KSE song or two. I like the ToG album alot, but wouldnt it be cool to throw the diehards a bone since they bought tix to this tour so early in this new band's career? Plus, arent you proud of that material? You should be, it's all amazing, and they barely toured behind it before Jesse quit right after the 2nd album came out.

If anything, make it clear before the tour starts that u wont be doing any KSE material. And if youre not into playing the KSE stuff, then u should at least play longer than apparently 45 minutes!
Chevelle/Middle Class Rut-8/27
Mineral-9/6
Joyce Manor-9/15
Uncle Acid-9/26

Last edited by bobbie solo; 02-05-2011 at 12:42 AM.
Old 02-05-2011, 02:01 AM
N00B

Wow, no KSE songs, not even the full new album, and some jam in the middle? Maybe I shouldn't have expected more but I'm bummed at what this show could have been. oh well lol
10/3 Anathema/ Alcest
10/4 Mark Lanegan
11/1 Dax Riggs
11/8 LOG/KSE
12/12 High on Fire
2/22 DT/OG
Old 02-05-2011, 08:31 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominicus 1988 View Post
You're the only one who feels this way.
No you're not. I had free tix for this show but won an entry into a poker tournament and had to miss it. If I had seen they played a bunch of stuff from KSE's best album by a mile I would have been pissed. Especially since I got my Aces cracked 20 min in the the tourney by a donkey on a Jack high flush draw.

I actually like the new cd but that set sucks moose balls. Period.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:48 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
You're the only one who feels this way.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:05 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

I am hoping for one of two things when I see these guys at Graspop in June.

1) they have by then put a KsE song into the set, something like 'life to lifeless' would be awesome, since they know full well its their biggest selling point.

2) they play this set, without the random jam, maybe a guitar trade off midway through a song, but nothing over a minute or two in length.

For them to not play Killswitch stuff sucks balls, even just to entice people in. Hell, in '95 theres footage of Down doing a 'walk' jam on youtube. Slash is doing Guns, Snakepit AND VR songs, Ozzy still does Paranoid, Iron Man, Rat Salad, Fairies Wear Boots among others live. This bands selling point is that they are Killswitch Engage members, hell with Jesse on vocals many would say this is the DEFINITIVE Killswitch line up, and if they are going to headline a tour, they should deliver what all the fans want. One album is not enough for a headlining tour, not at the length of their average album anyway. This is bad business sense, since although they will sell well this first tour, its not going to bear well for them in future tours.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:13 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
I am hoping for one of two things when I see these guys at Graspop in June.

1) they have by then put a KsE song into the set, something like 'life to lifeless' would be awesome, since they know full well its their biggest selling point.

2) they play this set, without the random jam, maybe a guitar trade off midway through a song, but nothing over a minute or two in length.

For them to not play Killswitch stuff sucks balls, even just to entice people in. Hell, in '95 theres footage of Down doing a 'walk' jam on youtube. Slash is doing Guns, Snakepit AND VR songs, Ozzy still does Paranoid, Iron Man, Rat Salad, Fairies Wear Boots among others live. This bands selling point is that they are Killswitch Engage members, hell with Jesse on vocals many would say this is the DEFINITIVE Killswitch line up, and if they are going to headline a tour, they should deliver what all the fans want. One album is not enough for a headlining tour, not at the length of their average album anyway. This is bad business sense, since although they will sell well this first tour, its not going to bear well for them in future tours.
Well said. I've said many times how much more I enjoyed KSE with JL but if he's that much of a dick I know why they split up in the 1st place. I wouldn't see them out of principle now until they play KSE. No KSE = no headlining tour. The album is good but it's not THAT good.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:39 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Well said. I've said many times how much more I enjoyed KSE with JL but if he's that much of a dick I know why they split up in the 1st place. I wouldn't see them out of principle now until they play KSE. No KSE = no headlining tour. The album is good but it's not THAT good.
Precisely. Do what Halford is doing, and to a lesser amount Slash, which is do support and festival slots pretty much everywhere, interspering them with headline off-dates. These guys could get main support on almost ANY tour going, which would be perfect time for them to play most of the first album, and then do a longer set headlining, doing some Killswitch stuff with the regular support slot. If I were them, that is what I would do, SPECIALLY since most of the Leach stuff hasn't been done live since he left the band, so I can only imagine playing it would be much like doing the Times Of Grace stuff anyway.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:31 AM
n00basaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
HAHAHAHA

The point is he doesn't want to play any Killswitch. Send you're concerns to a website who might interview him during this tour so you can get a straight answer.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:25 AM
N00B

Oh please. If u don't want people salivating for kse material and u don't want to play it, then don't reunite w/2 members of that era of the band and make an album that sounds exactly like kse. He's being naive or a hypocrite, or both.
Chevelle/Middle Class Rut-8/27
Mineral-9/6
Joyce Manor-9/15
Uncle Acid-9/26

Last edited by bobbie solo; 02-06-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:41 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
HAHAHAHA

Tags
times of grace