Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Impaled -- Oakland, CA -- April 19th, 2014
Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014
Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Dream Set Lists

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-11-2010, 12:43 PM
Blackened12's Avatar
Blackened12 Blackened12 is offline
I ♥ Metal
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Dunkirk, Maryland
Posts: 257
Reasonable Iron Maiden 2011 Tour Setlist

I'll put mine up a little later but I just wanted to see what you guys think. After all we do LOVE to speculate.
__________________
5/24-27 Maryland Deathfest
6/08-09 Moonrise Festival
8/03 Summer Slaughter
8/15-18 Rootwire Festival
10/11 Neutral Milk Hotel
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Blackened12's Avatar
Blackened12 Blackened12 is offline
I ♥ Metal
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Dunkirk, Maryland
Posts: 257
1. Satellite 15... The Final Frontier
2. El Dorado
3. The Trooper
4. Alexander the Great
5. Coming Home
6. The Longest Day
7. The Talisman
8. 2 Minutes to Midnight
9. Fear of the Dark
10. Mother of Mercy
11. Brave New World
12. Iron Maiden
13. Where The Wild Wind Blows

------

14. The Number of the Beast
15. The Evil That Men Do
16. Run to the Hills


This seems reasonable to me and I would love to see something like this. Tried to balance new album stuff with classics plus some reunion era thrown in, maybe there's a few that can be switched around or replaced. Thoughts?
__________________
5/24-27 Maryland Deathfest
6/08-09 Moonrise Festival
8/03 Summer Slaughter
8/15-18 Rootwire Festival
10/11 Neutral Milk Hotel
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-11-2010, 03:49 PM
The_jman The_jman is offline
things are more than just what you see
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackened12 View Post
1. Satellite 15... The Final Frontier
2. El Dorado
3. The Trooper
4. Alexander the Great
5. Coming Home
6. The Longest Day
7. The Talisman
8. 2 Minutes to Midnight
9. Fear of the Dark
10. Mother of Mercy
11. Brave New World
12. Iron Maiden
13. Where The Wild Wind Blows

------

14. The Number of the Beast
15. The Evil That Men Do
16. Run to the Hills


This seems reasonable to me and I would love to see something like this. Tried to balance new album stuff with classics plus some reunion era thrown in, maybe there's a few that can be switched around or replaced. Thoughts?


well as much as I love alexander the grate, putting it on any dream set that is entitled realistic is silly, because they're never going to play it.

also I think like 90% of that is realistic, although some of the ordering, I'd change.
__________________
so close, no matter how far.

9/21: Uproar Festival
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-11-2010, 03:57 PM
Blackened12's Avatar
Blackened12 Blackened12 is offline
I ♥ Metal
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Dunkirk, Maryland
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_jman View Post
well as much as I love alexander the grate, putting it on any dream set that is entitled realistic is silly, because they're never going to play it.

also I think like 90% of that is realistic, although some of the ordering, I'd change.
They played it on the SBIT tour, but you're right that is it is pretty unlikely, but not impossible. What would you change about the order?
__________________
5/24-27 Maryland Deathfest
6/08-09 Moonrise Festival
8/03 Summer Slaughter
8/15-18 Rootwire Festival
10/11 Neutral Milk Hotel
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-11-2010, 05:07 PM
Indestructible's Avatar
Indestructible Indestructible is offline
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 4,561
1. 2 Minutes To Midnight
2. The Trooper
3. Wrathchild
4. The Evil That Men Do
5. El Dorado
6. Coming Home
7. Mother Of Mercy
8. Different World
9. Blood Brothers
10. No More Lies
11. Paschendale
12. Starblind
13. Isle of Avalon
14. The Number Of The Beast
15. Fear Of The Dark
16. Flight Of Icarus
17. Hallowed Be Thy Name


Encore:
18. Aces High
19. Run To The Hills
20. Wasted Years
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-11-2010, 05:14 PM
The_jman The_jman is offline
things are more than just what you see
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackened12 View Post
They played it on the SBIT tour, but you're right that is it is pretty unlikely, but not impossible. What would you change about the order?
to my knowledge they have never played Alexander the great... I've seen the SBIT sets, it didn't have that... I'll write up an order change later, it just doesn't follow maiden standard.
__________________
so close, no matter how far.

9/21: Uproar Festival
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-12-2010, 01:10 AM
street_burial's Avatar
street_burial street_burial is offline
Bitch, shut up and blast beat my meat like a Pete Sandoval with titties.
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Eastern Panhandle of WV
Posts: 1,650
the somewhere back in time tour did it for me
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-12-2010, 07:16 AM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,898
This is my nomination for "most likely" set:

01.The Final Frontier
02.El Dorado
03.Wrathchild
04.2 Minutes to Midnight
05.Mother of Mercy (or The Alchemist)
06.These Colours Don't Run
07.Coming Home
08.The Trooper
09.Brave New World
10.When the Wild Wind Blows
11.Run to the Hills
12.Fear of the Dark
13.Iron Maiden
Encore:'
14.Number of the Beast
15.The Evil That Men Do
16.Hallowed Be Thy Name

Not at all what I want, but this is my best run at what I think the set will look like.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-12-2010, 08:21 AM
Blackened12's Avatar
Blackened12 Blackened12 is offline
I ♥ Metal
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Dunkirk, Maryland
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_jman View Post
to my knowledge they have never played Alexander the great... I've seen the SBIT sets, it didn't have that... I'll write up an order change later, it just doesn't follow maiden standard.
You're right I just glanced at the set too quickly, my bad. But it would be great, and just imagine the crowd reaction
__________________
5/24-27 Maryland Deathfest
6/08-09 Moonrise Festival
8/03 Summer Slaughter
8/15-18 Rootwire Festival
10/11 Neutral Milk Hotel
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-12-2010, 08:23 AM
Blackened12's Avatar
Blackened12 Blackened12 is offline
I ♥ Metal
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Dunkirk, Maryland
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
This is my nomination for "most likely" set:

01.The Final Frontier
02.El Dorado
03.Wrathchild
04.2 Minutes to Midnight
05.Mother of Mercy (or The Alchemist)
06.These Colours Don't Run
07.Coming Home
08.The Trooper
09.Brave New World
10.When the Wild Wind Blows
11.Run to the Hills
12.Fear of the Dark
13.Iron Maiden
Encore:'
14.Number of the Beast
15.The Evil That Men Do
16.Hallowed Be Thy Name

Not at all what I want, but this is my best run at what I think the set will look like.
I would love to see a set like that, except I would really like to see them play The Talisman, being my favorite track on the album, and I can see them doing that. I'd be happy with this set though.
__________________
5/24-27 Maryland Deathfest
6/08-09 Moonrise Festival
8/03 Summer Slaughter
8/15-18 Rootwire Festival
10/11 Neutral Milk Hotel
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:22 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008