Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

Old 02-05-2011, 09:26 PM
not the mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
Were you a fan of Korpiklaani before?
Somewhat, there a couple songs from each album that I like but I never cared for a full album from them. This new one however didn't have any songs that interested me. Even the single "Tequila" sounded uninspired. The album also seemed to have a more serious tone, which sucks for a band like this. In general their music is just uninteresting if it's not fun. Then the vocals suck and I really didn't like the production, I think some of the instruments sound way to low to stand out and the guitars sound muffled.

This all based on one listen though. I could change my mind later but I dunno.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:29 PM
Altars of Radness

I just finished listening to it and I can definitely see why you don't like it. It is quite a bit more serious feeling, and I agree that "Tequila" sucks. I like both sides of their music (fun drinking songs and the more nature oriented stuff), so I don't mind that, but there are a few songs that are just boring. But then there are a few that I really enjoyed. Overall it's an alright album, but they could have done much better.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:54 AM
I can't stop thinking big

This year is off to a good start.
7/18 - Iron Maiden/Alice Cooper
Old 02-13-2011, 09:05 AM
not the mama

lets see what I checked out this week:

Celldweller - Cellout EP 01 - I'm probably the only one on here that listens to Celldweller. For metal fans I recommend the songs "The Last Firstborn" and "One Good Reason", awesome artist and I highly recommend his debut album. The problem with him is that he releases tons of remixes of his stuff, if you have the patience to check them all out, you will probably find a gem in there somewhere. This EP contains 3 remix songs hes been playing live, while I would love to see him live on CD these are nothing special.

Most Precious Blood - Do Not Resuscitate - Decent hardcore. Probably better live than on CD.

Graf Orlock - Doombox EP - Pretty good grindcore. I haven't listened to any release previous to this one but from what I understand, they have a new singer. The problem fans have with him is he sounds more suited for 90s hardcore like Fang, I could see what they're saying. The vocals actually manage to stand out more than anything else at times and I am feeling like I am listening to a hardcore record rather than a grindcore one. But overall I really dig this short EP.

Vreid - V - Another good record from these ex-Windir members. It contains some interesting influences from a bunch of genres but it never sounds forced and to experimental for its own good like a lot of black metal bands have been doing recently...Ihsahn...Nachtmystium. Vreid know what they're doing and the music they make is pretty great.

Dornenreich - Flammentriebe - I've only previously checked out one Dornenreich album, i remember that one being more on the avant-garde metal side. This one is more darker. Melodic black metal is their top tag but I don't really think that it quite fits the style of this album. Progressive black metal sounds about right. This album reminds me a lot of Shining (Swedish) actually, in terms of the harsh vocals but they are not nearly as over the top. The album has a lot of nice influences including classical and post-rock type stuff, which I love. Pretty damn good record.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:11 AM
Pursue happiness with diligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShatteredFlame View Post
Vreid - V - Another good record from these ex-Windir members. It contains some interesting influences from a bunch of genres but it never sounds forced and to experimental for its own good like a lot of black metal bands have been doing recently...Ihsahn...Nachtmystium. Vreid know what they're doing and the music they make is pretty great.
I'm listening right now and it's really freakin' good. Only about a month and a half in and I have maybe two or three albums that would fit comfortably in last years top 25 or so.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:29 AM
not the mama

I personally didn't really care for last year too much but this year is starting off pretty great, and a lot of my favorite bands are releasing stuff which makes me excited for what's to come.

If you like that Vreid album than I recommend that Dornenreich one.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:50 AM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

only album I've heard is Insult by Grave Desecrator, a black/death/thrash band from Brazil on Hell's Headbangers records. Pretty good stuff. I need to pick up Belphegor whenever I get a chance, if it's anywhere near as awesome as Walpurgis Rites then I know I'll love it. Same goes for Vreid.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:00 PM
Bringer of Darkness

Anyone hear the new inquisition its fuckin great!
Old 02-13-2011, 06:17 PM
N00B

So far I have only heard the new Iron & Wine and Mogwai albums.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:20 PM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb420 View Post
Anyone hear the new inquisition its fuckin great!
I heard a song or two on their labels website and the sounded pretty awesome.