Fit For A King -- Detroit, MI -- October 21st, 2014
Judas Priest -- Kansas City, MO -- October 20th, 2014
Raven -- West Hollywood, CA -- October 20th, 2014

Old 02-27-2011, 11:44 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Yep.

Altar of Plagues comes damn close though as far as what I've heard. No comment yet on Fen, Burzum, Lifelover or Deafheaven though, which I have high expectations for all of when I get around to hearing them.
Alter Of Plagues has a new album coming out?

Damn 2011 keeps getting better and better. One of the best years in Music in a LONG time.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:01 AM
Dharma Wants You

Just yesterday listened to the following albums...

Turisas - Stand Up And Fight: Really liking this with each listen. Not so metal, really cinematic, very interesting.

Ralf Scheepers - Scheepers: Eh, didn't do anything for me. Pretty much what I expected

Jag Panzer - Scourge Of The Light: Same deal as the Scheepers, although I think this one was slightly worse. Which sucks 'cause I've been anticipating this for a long time since I really dug Casting The Stones

Visions Of Atlantis - Delta: I loved Trinity and Cast Away, but this one just sounded way to uninspired. None of the songs grabbed me, except New Dawn which was pretty catchy.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:54 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShatteredFlame View Post
Grayceon - All We Destroy - I don't know what it is, but I really don't like this. It's not bad by any means. The song writing is great, lots of nice instruments all used well. It reminds me of an classic 70s prog rock record, except with heavy guitar riffs. Maybe with time this album will get the recognition it deserves but for now there is just nothing that interest me about it. It's all boring.
I completely disagree. I liked the tracks I had heard previously at first, which were "Shellmounds", "We Can" and "Once a Shadow" (the latter two of which I heard performed live all the way back in August 2009, and have video recordings to prove it ), and "A Road Less Traveled " (which one would have to be insane not to love), but now I officially like the entire album. The first track took a little getting used to, and the final track just has to be taken for what it is - a melodic closer.

So basically, I think this new album might actually be Grayceon's best work to date. They've taken some chances with both the production and the vocals (especially in Jackie's case with the latter topic), and I, for one, think the risks have paid off.

To put it another way, it's my favorite release thus far this year.

Last edited by Natrlhi; 02-28-2011 at 12:02 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:16 AM
Bringer of Darkness

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
I completely disagree. I liked the tracks I had heard previously at first, which were "Shellmounds", "We Can" and "Once a Shadow" (the latter two of which I heard performed live all the way back in August 2009, and have video recordings to prove it ), and "A Road Less Traveled " (which one would have to be insane not to love), but now I officially like the entire album. The first track took a little getting used to, and the final track just has to be taken for what it is - a melodic closer.

So basically, I think this new album might actually be Grayceon's best work to date. They've taken some chances with both the production and the vocals (especially in Jackie's case with the latter topic), and I, for one, think the risks have paid off.

To put it another way, it's my favorite release thus far this year.
Really great cd.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:43 AM
All of my life, I've been waiting for you...

Very early Top 5

1. Subrosa- No Help For The Mighty Ones

I wouldn't be surprised if I'm the only one here that's heard it, but it's probably one of the finest doom albums I've heard in a very long time.

2. Mogwai- Hardcore Will Never Die, But You Will

These guys can't make a bad album.

3. Grayceon- All We Destroy

See what Nat said, minus the favorite album so far sentence. This one might grow on me.

4. Crowbar- Sever The Wicked Hand

It's not as easy to get into, but it's a very solid release.

5. Earth- Angels of Darkness, Demons of Light 1

It's more of the same in my opinion, but that's not a bad thing.
Pallbearer: 10/28
Emma Ruth Rundle: 11/4
Gazelle Twin: 11/17
Puce Mary: 12/11
Old 02-28-2011, 12:00 PM

@moobys:

Mogwai and Grayceon are neck and neck for me right now. I do think there's some stuff coming that has the potential, at least, to unseat both of them, though.

With new releases coming by Baroness (allegedly), Russian Circles, Coalesce, Meshuggah, PRIMUS, Morbid Angel, Pestilence, Asphyx, Wino, Weedeater, Trap Them, Rotten Sound, Amon Amarth, Obscura, Autopsy, Indian, Red Fang, Explosions in the Sky, This Will Destroy You, Vektor, Arch Enemy, Gorguts, Made Out of Babies, Anaal Nathrakh, TOOL, Absu, Unearth, Revocation, Gojira, Gorod, Cynic, Vader, Dreaming Dead, Cormorant, Shrinebuilder, Neurosis (allegedly), Origin, Decapitated, Napalm Death, Exhumed, Goatwhore, Brutal Truth, Voivod (apparently?), Fleshgod Apocalypse, Pig Destroyer (allegedly), Fredrik Thordendal’s Special Defects (allegedly), Cult of Luna (allegedly), The Mars Volta (allegedly), Grails (someday), and yes, even Necrophagist (someday, allegedly, maybe...) - 2011 is shaping up to be a promising year indeed.

Last edited by Natrlhi; 02-28-2011 at 12:03 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:03 PM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
even Necrophagist (someday, allegedly, maybe...) - 2011 is shaping up to be a promising year indeed.
Don't forget Wintersun.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:23 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
@moobys:

Mogwai and Grayceon are neck and neck for me right now. I do think there's some stuff coming that has the potential, at least, to unseat both of them, though.

With new releases coming by Baroness (allegedly), Russian Circles, Coalesce, Meshuggah, PRIMUS, Morbid Angel, Pestilence, Asphyx, Wino, Weedeater, Trap Them, Rotten Sound, Amon Amarth, Obscura, Autopsy, Indian, Red Fang, Explosions in the Sky, This Will Destroy You, Vektor, Arch Enemy, Gorguts, Made Out of Babies, Anaal Nathrakh, TOOL, Absu, Unearth, Revocation, Gojira, Gorod, Cynic, Vader, Dreaming Dead, Cormorant, Shrinebuilder, Neurosis (allegedly), Origin, Decapitated, Napalm Death, Exhumed, Goatwhore, Brutal Truth, Voivod (apparently?), Fleshgod Apocalypse, Pig Destroyer (allegedly), Fredrik Thordendalís Special Defects (allegedly), Cult of Luna (allegedly), The Mars Volta (allegedly), Grails (someday), and yes, even Necrophagist (someday, allegedly, maybe...) - 2011 is shaping up to be a promising year indeed.
WOW! I'd venture to say there's half of my Top 10 for 2011 right there.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
WOW! I'd venture to say there's half of my Top 10 for 2011 right there.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:33 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

I actually have heard very little 2011 albums this year. People who know me best, recommend me some!
10/27 - DJ Qbert
10/29 - Real Friends