Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

King Diamond -- Denver, CO -- October 24th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Toronto, Ontario -- October 24th, 2014
Judas Priest -- Evansville, IN -- October 22nd, 2014
Pearl Jam -- Denver, CO -- October 22nd, 2014
Arch Enemy -- Baltimore, MD -- October 23rd, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 01-26-2011, 03:00 PM
Skinny Juice's Avatar
Skinny Juice Skinny Juice is offline
Avid Taco Bell Fan
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Casper, Wyoming
Posts: 71
Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm tired of these random retrievals from setlist.fm. That site already exists, so let them have the setlists. Yes, I'm aware this is 'metalsetlists.com' Why don't we post setlists from shows we actually attended? With in-depth reviews? Or opening nights of big tours, I get that. This setlist looks like it would've sucked, but you don't really know because you weren't there. The atmosphere could've been killer. Seeing Metallica open for the Stones.

I'm down for cutting down on the spammage a little bit. All of those in favor, just cut down. All of those not in favor, keep posting random setlists from 1989.
__________________
4/19 - Danzig w/ Doyle, CoC
5/14 - The Dillinger Escape Plan, The Faceless
6/4 - Alkaline Trio
7/5/2019 - Iron Buffalo
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-26-2011, 07:07 PM
The Ghost at Number One's Avatar
The Ghost at Number One The Ghost at Number One is offline
I am not a N00B, I am a free man!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Livermore, CA
Posts: 646
With the exception of I Disappear, I actually kinda like the set. I'm a fan of King Nothing, No Leaf Clover, and Turn the Page, and except for No Leaf Clover at the S & M show, I've never seen any of them live.
__________________
__________________

10/30 - King Diamond
12/08 - Opeth / In Flames / Red Fang
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-27-2011, 01:33 AM
Sepultura69's Avatar
Sepultura69 Sepultura69 is offline
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Planet Caravan
Posts: 3,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Juice View Post
Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm tired of these random retrievals from setlist.fm. That site already exists, so let them have the setlists. Yes, I'm aware this is 'metalsetlists.com' Why don't we post setlists from shows we actually attended? With in-depth reviews? Or opening nights of big tours, I get that. This setlist looks like it would've sucked, but you don't really know because you weren't there. The atmosphere could've been killer. Seeing Metallica open for the Stones.

I'm down for cutting down on the spammage a little bit. All of those in favor, just cut down. All of those not in favor, keep posting random setlists from 1989.
Cool your jets

This is the only "setlist" I've posted from a show that I didn't attend.
__________________
8/31 - Sleep
10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-27-2011, 01:01 PM
Jochen Jochen is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
ah, my bad dawg. I thought it was the 13th

It's a'ight.
__________________
10/11 - Om
10/20 - Pearl Jam
10/23 - Gojira
11/1 - Samhain
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-27-2011, 08:07 PM
ratcat90 ratcat90 is offline
Banned Asshole
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 100
Yeah. Most certainly could have been better. Personally i'd rather see The Stones opening for Metallica. Though it would Never happen. Maybe Someday.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-27-2011, 08:44 PM
Sepultura69's Avatar
Sepultura69 Sepultura69 is offline
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Planet Caravan
Posts: 3,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratcat90 View Post
Yeah. Most certainly could have been better. Personally i'd rather see The Stones opening for Metallica. Though it would Never happen. Maybe Someday.
ahahahahhaa, that made me laugh. seriously dude. I like how you added a smile at the end. Fat chance buddy. That's like Aerosmith opening up for Slayer
__________________
8/31 - Sleep
10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-27-2011, 10:00 PM
AnthG AnthG is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 1,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
source:setlist fm

WORST SETLIST

EVER....

Jesus H. fucking christ


01. Orion (first half of the song only)
02. Master of Puppets (full version)
03. No Leaf Clover
04. King Nothing
05. Fade to Black
06. I Disappear
07. Turn the Page
08. Sad But True
09. One
10. Nothing Else Matters
11. Enter Sandman


WORST SETLIST EVER...

I don't give a shit if they are opening up for the Rolling Stones. This is a sorry excuse of a setlist.......holy shit....
They're opening for the Rolling stones dude, so that sort of does matter and explain why that setlist was the way it was. Based on bootlegs i've seen from both shows, even songs like One and Master of Puppets got piss-poor receptions. I don't think busting out Whiplash and Hit the Lights would be great additions given the situation.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-28-2011, 10:20 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Troo Methulfan
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 3,174
Blog Entries: 1
Sepultura69 is a funny guy.
__________________
Music is my life - Everything from ADELE to Napalm Death.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-29-2011, 12:55 PM
ijwthstd ijwthstd is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Burbank
Posts: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
They're opening for the Rolling stones dude, so that sort of does matter and explain why that setlist was the way it was. Based on bootlegs i've seen from both shows, even songs like One and Master of Puppets got piss-poor receptions. I don't think busting out Whiplash and Hit the Lights would be great additions given the situation.
Actually all the more reason to...

And in the 1980's they had a reputation for always blowing away the headliner. Though I would joke about it on the Stones board, I never heard a single report, even from Metallica fans, of this happening at either of the shows.
__________________
http://www.freewebs.com/ijwthstd
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-30-2011, 01:30 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Troo Methulfan
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 3,174
Blog Entries: 1
That's maybe because they have been a headliner for like 25 years themselves, probably?

And if the audience thinks it's "too hard", well, good for them.
__________________
Music is my life - Everything from ADELE to Napalm Death.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
metallica

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:46 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008