Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Within Temptation -- Newcastle, England -- April 14, 2014
Carcass -- Silver Spring, MD -- April 13th, 2014
Destruction -- Montreal, Quebec -- April 14th, 2014
Ghoul -- Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014
Satan -- Philadelphia, PA -- April 14th, 2014

  #1  
Old 01-20-2011, 09:15 AM
powerslave_85's Avatar
powerslave_85 powerslave_85 is offline
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Burlington, VT
Posts: 10,965
2011 Movie Forecast

A short list of stuff to look forward to (or not, in the case of Transformers) this year. I hope you like comic book movies, 'cause there's gonna be a shitload.

The Adjustment Bureau
Battle: Los Angeles
Paul
Sucker Punch
Super
Your Highness
Thor
Pirates of the Carribean: On Stranger Tides
The Hangover II
Tree of Life
X-Men: First Class
Super 8
Green Lantern
Cars 2
Transformers: The Dark of the Moon
Harry Potter: The Deathly Hallows Part 2
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cowboys and Aliens
The Thing
The Muppets
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol
Sherlock Holmes 2

Feel free to add to the list and talk about what you're most looking forward to.
__________________
"COLONEL KLINK, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?!"

Last edited by powerslave_85; 01-20-2011 at 09:22 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-20-2011, 10:19 AM
powerslave_85's Avatar
powerslave_85 powerslave_85 is offline
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Burlington, VT
Posts: 10,965
I'm most looking forward to:

Super
X-Men: First Class
Paul
Battle: Los Angeles
Pirates 4 (no Orlando Bloom/Kiera Knightley = higher hopes)
The Muppets

Bold prediction: X-Men will be the best out of the comic movies.

Super 8 might be interesting, once Abrams reveals what the fuck it's actually about.
__________________
"COLONEL KLINK, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?!"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-20-2011, 03:49 PM
JuuKun's Avatar
JuuKun JuuKun is offline
Red Light In My Eyes
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pawtucket, RI
Posts: 2,085
Looking forward to Harry Potter, Thor, X-Men: First Class, Captain America, Green Lantern, and the Muppets. Interested in checking out Pirates 4, and curious about Sherlock Holmes 2.

Also, the new Winnie the Pooh is supposed to be more along the lines of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh as opposed to the newer DTV movies. I'm interested, but that's just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
Bold prediction: X-Men will be the best out of the comic movies.
I'm going to predict Captain America, but X-Men has the potential.

Last edited by JuuKun; 01-20-2011 at 03:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-20-2011, 04:16 PM
powerslave_85's Avatar
powerslave_85 powerslave_85 is offline
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Burlington, VT
Posts: 10,965
I've never seen any of the Harry Potter moives, or read past the 4th book, but I think before this last one comes out I'll rent all the movies to see what the fuss is about.
__________________
"COLONEL KLINK, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?!"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-20-2011, 04:20 PM
Dextrimental's Avatar
Dextrimental Dextrimental is offline
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
I've never seen any of the Harry Potter moives, or read past the 4th book, but I think before this last one comes out I'll rent all the movies to see what the fuss is about.
DO NOT DO THAT. Watch movies 1-3, then read the rest of the books, then watch the last one and the forthcoming ones. movies 4-6 are absolutely dreadful, as in I was insulted leaving the cinema after being such a Harry Potter fan.

I am looking forward to Transformers and the comic book movies this year, some other stuff like Super 8 I am interested in, but I will wait til I see more info before I decide I cant wait to see them

Also, the new Pirates and Scream movies just should not happen.
__________________
Yesterday don't mean SHIT.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-20-2011, 04:28 PM
powerslave_85's Avatar
powerslave_85 powerslave_85 is offline
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Burlington, VT
Posts: 10,965
I've sworn off going out of my way to read source material before seeing a movie. It always lessens my enjoyment of it. Besides, your opinions of the later movies are pretty much the exact opposite of what I've heard from most people, so...
__________________
"COLONEL KLINK, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?!"
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-20-2011, 04:31 PM
JuuKun's Avatar
JuuKun JuuKun is offline
Red Light In My Eyes
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pawtucket, RI
Posts: 2,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
DO NOT DO THAT. Watch movies 1-3, then read the rest of the books, then watch the last one and the forthcoming ones. movies 4-6 are absolutely dreadful, as in I was insulted leaving the cinema after being such a Harry Potter fan.
They're dreadful adaptations of the books, yes. But they're not "dreadful" on their own. There's really too much in each book to have been able to do better with those movies (they have said that they've separately considered making each book a two-part movie since Goblet of Fire). While it would be ideal to just read all the books instead, watching all of the movies will work fine if he just wants to see what it's all about.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-20-2011, 04:31 PM
Dextrimental's Avatar
Dextrimental Dextrimental is offline
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
I've sworn off going out of my way to read source material before seeing a movie. It always lessens my enjoyment of it. Besides, your opinions of the later movies are pretty much the exact opposite of what I've heard from most people, so...
Fair enough, but movie 4 left out so much of the book, it was barely cohesive as a movie. Movie 5, ok I'll give you that, it is passable, but movie 6 put me to sleep, for the first time ever in the cinema, a movie put me to sleep. It was way too slow as a movie. Just my two cents, do what you wish, just as a big fan, those movies disappointed me alot.
__________________
Yesterday don't mean SHIT.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-20-2011, 04:40 PM
JuuKun's Avatar
JuuKun JuuKun is offline
Red Light In My Eyes
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pawtucket, RI
Posts: 2,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
Fair enough, but movie 4 left out so much of the book, it was barely cohesive as a movie. Movie 5, ok I'll give you that, it is passable, but movie 6 put me to sleep, for the first time ever in the cinema, a movie put me to sleep. It was way too slow as a movie. Just my two cents, do what you wish, just as a big fan, those movies disappointed me alot.
I lol'd at the idea that Goblet of Fire was a worse movie than Order of the Phoenix. I suppose it's all a matter of opinion, but OOTP was such a huge disappointment for this fan.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-20-2011, 04:50 PM
Dextrimental's Avatar
Dextrimental Dextrimental is offline
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuuKun View Post
I lol'd at the idea that Goblet of Fire was a worse movie than Order of the Phoenix. I suppose it's all a matter of opinion, but OOTP was such a huge disappointment for this fan.
Goblet just, when I was watching it, it was the same as watching the Da Vinci code, it seemed to be moving too fast, like squashing everything into a short time frame. The only way Goblet worked for me as a movie is because I had already read the book and was able to put it together in my head.
__________________
Yesterday don't mean SHIT.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:45 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008