Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat > Movies

Old 06-20-2011, 08:53 PM
Complete tool

I myself would have preferred to see Benicio Del Toro cast to play Bane. I just can't picture a tiny English guy playing a big ass Hispanic guy.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:12 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathchild_84 View Post
I myself would have preferred to see Benicio Del Toro cast to play Bane. I just can't picture a tiny English guy playing a big ass Hispanic guy.
Tom Hardy is not a small dude I can tell you that much!

Last edited by Dextrimental; 06-20-2011 at 10:14 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:03 AM
Complete tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
Tom Hardy is not a small dude I can tell you that much!
He looked pretty small in Star Trek.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:13 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathchild_84 View Post
He looked pretty small in Star Trek.
Look up Inception and Bronson!
Old 06-22-2011, 07:18 AM
Headbanger

I stand by my comments 100%. People can be sheep or fanboys and not see the big picture and this was totally the case with this movie.

When a movie is hyped to that degree and people pay their $20 to see the movie they always seem to say how great it was so they don't look like idiots. In this case the praise for Ledger was legendary. You guys are on facebook and whatever. It was a constant barrage of "best acting ever" type posts and when I saw the movie a week later I was shocked. It simply wasn't anywhere near as good as people said and like I said take the pencil trick out and Ledger was still great but all the swarms of praise? I think not.

And yes Bale was trying to upstage Ledger and overacted most of the movie. The party scene was just godawful. Between Bale and Gylenhall the entire thing should have been rewritten and reshot. Watch it again and tell me I'm not right.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:41 AM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

I don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about when you say Bale is "overacting." His Bruce Wayne is pretty understated, if anything. I think he's certainly the best (live-action) Batman. I never had a problem with Gyllenhaal either; she was better than Katie Holmes at any rate.

If the movie has a flaw, it's that the pacing drags a bit in the second half and it ends up being a bit too long, but other than that I can't come up with any major criticisms. It's not only a great superhero movie, but a great crime movie as well. Get rid of the costumes and it would still be an excellent film.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:11 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
I don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about when you say Bale is "overacting." His Bruce Wayne is pretty understated, if anything. I think he's certainly the best (live-action) Batman. I never had a problem with Gyllenhaal either; she was better than Katie Holmes at any rate.

If the movie has a flaw, it's that the pacing drags a bit in the second half and it ends up being a bit too long, but other than that I can't come up with any major criticisms. It's not only a great superhero movie, but a great crime movie as well. Get rid of the costumes and it would still be an excellent film.
The biggest problem I had with Bale would be his cadence. It was just so over the top and robotic at times. I'm a huge Christian Bale fan but his performance in that movie was forced and like I said he simply overacted. It wasn't believeable to me and scenes with he and Gylenhall were terriblly acted and drawn out. he had his moments but it seemed like MG brought out the worst in him.

We all have opinions though. I think No Country For Old Men is one of the 10 best movies ever made. That movie said more with 2 minutes of silence than most movies can say in 30 min of dialect. I know people who think it was terrible and loved The Dark Knight and while I think they're total idiots I can understand why. I liked Batman Begins slightly better than The Dark Knight because I believed it. I drank the kool-aid and it wasn't a total overhype machine. if you believed the hype TDK was twice as good as BB and there's no way that's true.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:07 AM
Red Light In My Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
The biggest problem I had with Bale would be his cadence. It was just so over the top and robotic at times. I'm a huge Christian Bale fan but his performance in that movie was forced and like I said he simply overacted. It wasn't believeable to me and scenes with he and Gylenhall were terriblly acted and drawn out. he had his moments but it seemed like MG brought out the worst in him.

We all have opinions though. I think No Country For Old Men is one of the 10 best movies ever made. That movie said more with 2 minutes of silence than most movies can say in 30 min of dialect. I know people who think it was terrible and loved The Dark Knight and while I think they're total idiots I can understand why. I liked Batman Begins slightly better than The Dark Knight because I believed it. I drank the kool-aid and it wasn't a total overhype machine. if you believed the hype TDK was twice as good as BB and there's no way that's true.
Except by matter of opinion, of course.

I've always liked Batman Begins more than Dark Knight, but that has to do a lot with Liam Neeson as Ra's al Ghul. Seeing Ra's finally make it to the big screen made that film for me, especially done by one of my favorite actors. I've never had much of a problem with Dark Knight, just always felt like the flow of Batman Begins was better, more cohesive. Like powerslave said, there's a small pacing issue in the second half, but I never felt like BB dragged for a second.

Never really considered it overacting, but I know exactly what you're talking about when you say you have problems with Bale's cadence. The way he talked as Bruce Wayne definitely evolved in TDK. Probably meant to be just a bit more high-class and refined, but ended up a bit over the top. Not a big distraction for me, though. And I don't know how you think the pencil trick equals all the acting praise for Ledger. Fact of the matter is, no one ever thought he was going to be good as the Joker, never mind as great as he ended up being. If he hadn't died, he wouldn't have received quite as much hype (plus, remember, atleast at the time of his death there was a lot of rumors and speculation initially that he had intentionally OD'd due to the dark places he had stuck his head in by immersing himself in the Joker role) but it still would have been there. The pencil trick was a fun little gag, and I know a lot of people liked it, but I don't think many, if any at all, were so crazy about TDK when it came out all due to a fifteen second magic trick.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:18 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Going against unanimously praised things is cool. Never forget that.
EVERYTHING SLAYER DID AFTER SOUTH OF HEAVEN WAS PURE GARBAGE
Old 07-13-2011, 05:52 PM
N00B

Here's a teaser trailer for the film that will premier before the Deathly Hallows part 2 http://www.wat.tv/video/the-da&#8203...203;wcs1_.html