Metallica -- Warsaw, Poland -- July 11th, 2014
Snakecharmer -- London, England -- July 11th, 2014
Aerosmith -- Wantagh, NY -- July 10th, 2014
311 -- Lansing, MI -- July 9th, 2014
Ceremonial Castings -- Seattle, WA -- July 7th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat > Movies

Old 03-22-2011, 07:58 AM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Now Entertainment Weekly is saying that JG-L is still in it, but is NOT playing Falcone.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:12 PM
Rats off to ya

Bane
Old 06-15-2011, 05:13 PM
Red Light In My Eyes

Not new, but not mentioned in the thread yet:

Marion Cotillard as Miranda Tate, a Wayne Enterprises board member. I suspect that this is actually Talia al Ghul. No real evidence, just a hunch, with everyone saying that this one has a lot of ties with Batman Begins.

Been a bunch of others cast in presumably small roles. Alon Aboutboul is playing a 'mad scientist' that many are guessing is Hugo Strange, but who knows. Matthew Modine as someone named Nixon. Brett Cullen as a judge, Chris Ellis as a priest. Tom Conti, Joey King, Daniel Sunjata, Burn Gorman, and Diego Klattenhoff are all unnamed as far as I know. If they go the Knightfall route where Bane busts open Arkham, maybe we'll get some small villain cameos in the vein of Mr. Zsasz in Batman Begins. So long as they don't actually take away from the film (and I don't think Nolan would do it if it did), I'd be fine with that.

Also, this may or may not count as spoilers:
Josh Pence cast as a young Ra's al Ghul, presumably in flashbacks.

And this DEFINITELY does. Proceed at your own risk, I almost wish I hadn't seen this:
Liam Neeson has been spotted filming scenes as well. Though it doesn't fit in with the Nolanverse, there were pictures a couple weeks ago of what might have been a Lazarus Pit

Last edited by JuuKun; 06-15-2011 at 05:15 PM.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:28 PM
Headbanger

Maggie Gylenhall was so terrible in Dark Knight that I actually have little interest in ever watching it again. She virtually ruined that movie for me and that rarely ever happens to me. She just didn't fit the role and I didn't believe for 1 second that ANY 2 guys would be fighting over her let alone those 2. Some of her scenes were actually painful to watch because Bale was constantly overacting and she was worthless. I know people love that movie but I think it was one of the most overrated movies I've seen since Titanic. I just didn't drink the kool-aid and take the pencil trick out and I bet the hype would have been half of what it as.

That being said I think Anne Hathaway might really pull off Catwoman and I'm a hige fan of Joseph Gordon-Levitt and think he should fit well. Same with Tom Hardy as Bane. I'm betting this one is the best of the bunch.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:20 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
I know people love that movie but I think it was one of the most overrated movies I've seen since Titanic. I just didn't drink the kool-aid and take the pencil trick out and I bet the hype would have been half of what it as.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:25 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Maggie Gylenhall was so terrible in Dark Knight that I actually have little interest in ever watching it again. She virtually ruined that movie for me and that rarely ever happens to me. She just didn't fit the role and I didn't believe for 1 second that ANY 2 guys would be fighting over her let alone those 2. Some of her scenes were actually painful to watch because Bale was constantly overacting and she was worthless. I know people love that movie but I think it was one of the most overrated movies I've seen since Titanic. I just didn't drink the kool-aid and take the pencil trick out and I bet the hype would have been half of what it as.

This is just goddamn ridiculous. I will say that I have heard other people complain about Maggie being a weakness in the film so I can kind of understand that, but you could take the pencil trick out and still have that magnificent third act where Joker made that hostages look like the terrorists. Holy shit that was terrifying.

Bale overacting? Ok, so the voice is really obnoxious but overacting? Negro please.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:29 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:

That being said I think Anne Hathaway might really pull off Catwoman and I'm a hige fan of Joseph Gordon-Levitt and think he should fit well. Same with Tom Hardy as Bane. I'm betting this one is the best of the bunch.
This is all kind of dumb. Did you hate Forgetting Sarah Marshall because Mila Kunis and Kristen Bell wouldn't really fight over Jason Segel?
Old 06-16-2011, 10:30 PM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

I've noticed a lot of backlash against The Dark Knight in the last year or so. I guess it's been long enough that people feel like they can start acting like they hated it.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:55 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
I've noticed a lot of backlash against The Dark Knight in the last year or so. I guess it's been long enough that people feel like they can start acting like they hated it.
Going against unanimously praised things is cool. Never forget that.

11/7 Snakecharmer
20/7 Onslaught
30/7 King Diamond
1-2/8 BiesenRock Festival
Old 06-20-2011, 08:18 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Going against unanimously praised things is cool. Never forget that.
So much truth in this post