Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Judas Priest -- Worcester, MA -- July 26th, 1988
Arsis -- West Springfield, VA -- September 1st, 2014
Deep Purple -- Orlando, FL -- August 30th, 2014
Dropdead -- Scottsdale, AZ -- August 30th, 2014
Chevelle -- Wallingford, CT -- August 30th, 2014

Old 01-11-2011, 08:37 PM
Look at me now, using torches of fire, look higher than anyone else, I am the great juggler!

Off topic but I seriously hope Suicide Silence doesn't end up on Summer Slaughter this year, though it wouldn't surprise me =/
Old 01-11-2011, 09:22 PM
Now I am become Death. The destroyer of worlds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnataFan4Life View Post
Off topic but I seriously hope Suicide Silence doesn't end up on Summer Slaughter this year, though it wouldn't surprise me =/
It's only a matter of time.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:20 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnataFan4Life View Post
Here's the thing: No Time To Bleed, for me, was a great album to run to. The beat of those songs fit well. I actually enjoyed it. But SS fans... They're not metal. Seeing that group of people live is not metal. It's kind of a shame, and bash SS all you want because they deserve it, but in terms of a metal band just tuning extremely low and pounding the shit out of those guitars for 2 minutes, I think No Time to Bleed was a great example.

If anyone here can stomach it, I dare you to listen to The Cleansing all the way through. It's so fucking messy and trashy as a whole, not to mention uninventive. Go on to NTTB, and it's like a new band how much Machine changed their sound as a cohesive whole. That man is a great producer, saying he is respnsibpe for my second favorite album of all time (Ashes of the Wake).

Anyway, I guess I'm trying to somewhat defend SS musically, noatter how stupid it sounds. That being said, they're not more than a "work-out" band to me. You can't really just sit down and close your eyes and enjoy truly listening to the music. That's where Opeth saves me
Old 01-11-2011, 11:39 PM
Kneeling Whaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
What is with Metalheads who get all uppity and pretentious because they can't stand newer bands? I love death metal SO much; my favorite kind of metal. But there are really great new bands out there. I don't know, it just feels like most people posting here are completely opposed to accepting them rather than sticking to their favorites. I can understand that yeah, Carcass and Suffocation are perhaps better bands than the ones billed, but totally dismissing this lineup seems a little arrogant to me.

(Note: I did not say ANYTHING about Suicide Silence or deathcore in general)
You logic is flawed; consider the Maryland Deathfest and its penchant of successfully signing newer Metal bands each year - newer Metal bands that actually appeal to Metal fans. For instance, consider the 2009 edition of Maryland Deathfest, where you had the appearance of a few less-than-desirable acts such as Deathcore outfit The Red Chord and Vegan Metallers Cattle Decapitation respectively billed on the main stage over the course of the 3-day festival, but at the same time you had bands; legendary metal bands either making a rare American appearance, or making their first American appearance altogether (i.e. Asphyx, Mayhem, Bolt Thrower twice after a 14-year halt, the reunited Atheist, Hail Of Bullets, General Surgery, Sigh, Aura Noir, Deströyer 666 among others) alongside regular favorites (Immolation, Napalm Death, ABSU, Wolves In The Throne Room, Misery Index, among others). The next year, the Maryland Deathfest undertook the arduous task of following such an amazing billing up by actually topping it - even with an appearance from Converge, with the return of Autopsy, Gorguts, Pestilence, Asphyx, Entombed, Pentagram, Eyehategod and others along with the first American shows from The Chasm, Necrophobic, Portal and others as well as appearances from Obituary, Incantation, Deceased..., Sinister, D.R.I., Watain, etc. This year's Maryland Deathfest looks to even top that, with appearances from Cathedral, Coroner and literally dozens and dozens of others. You do not see any Metalhead getting uppity over that, and for good reason.

To manipulate a quote from Arn Anderson, "It says 'Metal'/'Death' on the marquee".

Last edited by BlackmoreOfBowling; 01-11-2011 at 11:44 PM.