Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Marduk-- Norrköping, Sweden--December 19th-20th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014

Old 03-22-2011, 10:36 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

So, in case anyone who is going to the Cleveland show is interested in the details, here is how it's going to work:

The seven national acts (Helmet, St. Vitus, Crowbar, Kylesa, Red Fang, Howl, The Atlas Moth) will be on the main stage, one after the other. Local acts (Keelhaul, Hellmouth, Rue) will be playing in the Pirate's Cove. Apparently, the venue is going to be running the stages such that there is minimal overlap between bands, and almost a constant flow of music throughout the night (in other words, they're going to do their best to have the local bands play in the slots between national acts). The transition time between sets is going to be very short (apparently, like 15-20 minutes), in order to get all the sets in before 1:00 AM, which is their curfew.

The above is what I was told by Kimber, who is one of the talent buyers at Peabody's, when I went there to pick up my ticket last Friday. She said the show is selling pretty well, but they still had some tickets available at that time. Judging from what I'm hearing on the street, a lot of people are planning on going, so it should be good and crowded.

That's about all I know. Hope to see some of you degenerates there (Blackmore, Jedi, Petrovar...I'm looking at you ). I'll be the tall guy in the black Kylesa t-shirt with the grim reaper design on the front, cargo shorts (either dark khaki or camo), gray & black New Balance sneakers with orange trim, and most likely a black bandanna on my head (unless it gets lost in the pit, which could very well happen at this show).

Four days, bitches!

Love,
The Nat

Last edited by Natrlhi; 03-22-2011 at 10:39 AM.