Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014
Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013
Family Values Tour -- Denver, CO -- November 11th, 2001
Judas Priest -- Salt Lake City, UT -- November 12th, 1990
Korn -- Denver, CO -- July 29th, 2002

Old 01-07-2011, 04:54 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Band and Singer switcheroo

I was just wondering, are there any bands you've heard and said to yourself 'if they had a different style of singer they would rule', or even listened to two bands and wondered to yourself 'would they sound better if they both switched singers'.

Anyway my pick would be Heathen, I genuinely believe they would sound better with a more agrressive singer. I am well aware of how much they are liked on this board and I like them too, just I think they would be better with a more aggressive singer, like Chuck Billy or the sort.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:02 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

A lot of thrash bands. I really like the more aggressive style of vocals in thrash. Bands like Bonded By Blood would kill with a Warbringer vocalist.
08/07 - Handguns (?)
08/15 - Whores
Old 01-07-2011, 09:05 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
A lot of thrash bands. I really like the more aggressive style of vocals in thrash. Bands like Bonded By Blood would kill with a Warbringer vocalist.
same. I'm annoyed with a lot of thrash vocals nowadays. Honestly, most thrash vocalists tend to ruin the music for me. the Warbringer guy is fucking gold though.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:34 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganarchy View Post
the Warbringer guy is fucking gold though.
I agree. First time I heard him open his mouth was at a kreator show back in 09. I was totally blown the fuck away. This was way before I even knew the name "warbringer" or even knew who the fuck they were. I had never heard any song/album by them until I saw them open up for Kreator. Right after that I was officially HOOKED. After the Kreator Gig, I ended up getting all of Warbringers Demos, EPs, LPs in my ipod faster then flies on shit.

John Kevil not only has an awesome voice, but he's a pretty awesome person once you get to know him. Very friendly chatty guy(I've talked to him before/after many gigs, Always down to talk to the fans)
10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer
Old 01-07-2011, 09:51 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
I agree. First time I heard him open his mouth was at a kreator show back in 09. I was totally blown the fuck away. This was way before I even knew the name "warbringer" or even knew who the fuck they were. I had never heard any song/album by them until I saw them open up for Kreator. Right after that I was officially HOOKED. After the Kreator Gig, I ended up getting all of Warbringers Demos, EPs, LPs in my ipod faster then flies on shit.

John Kevil not only has an awesome voice, but he's a pretty awesome person once you get to know him. Very friendly chatty guy(I've talked to him before/after many gigs, Always down to talk to the fans)
cool story bro

but yeah, I'd love to seem them live. I know, I know, they've opened at least ten tours in the past two years, but I haven't gotten a chance yet
Old 01-08-2011, 04:38 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
I was just wondering, are there any bands you've heard and said to yourself 'if they had a different style of singer they would rule', or even listened to two bands and wondered to yourself 'would they sound better if they both switched singers'.
Almost everything manks, Nat and DethMaiden listen to

Basically I always feel this way about a lot of extreme metal. But then, if things like death metal and black metal changed the vocal style to something I'd like, they'd pretty much stop being death or black metal.

I think the main culprits for me is an awful lot of the post-metal stuff, where I almost always love the music, but would much rather they had a more stoner metal style vocal.

30/7 King Diamond
1-2/8 BiesenRock Festival
3/8 Lokerse Festival
16/9 Richie Kotzen

Last edited by ravenheart; 01-08-2011 at 04:41 AM.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:52 AM
welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
Anyway my pick would be Heathen, I genuinely believe they would sound better with a more agrressive singer. I am well aware of how much they are liked on this board and I like them too, just I think they would be better with a more aggressive singer, like Chuck Billy or the sort.
I don't know about that. Dave White's got a pretty unique voice and is one of the things that make Heathen stand out, IMO.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:57 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

I actually agree with Dextrimental, I don't really like Heathen's vocalist that much and I thnk they would be better with a more agressive vocalist.

The biggest one for me is Periphery, I love the music, it's just the vocalist's clean vocals don't fit their style at all.

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 01-08-2011, 01:49 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Almost everything manks, Nat and DethMaiden listen to
yyyooouuu pppuuusssaaayyy
08/07 - Handguns (?)
08/15 - Whores
Old 01-08-2011, 02:50 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Hafta say that yes, generally alot of thrash vocalists kill it for me, same with death metal too. Dying Fetus are a huge culprit for me, that dudes growl kills the appeal for me in that band.