Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, ON -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014
Battlecross -- Westland, MI -- December 20th, 2014

Old 01-06-2011, 05:22 AM
Regretting my username

metalheads=nerds=wear glasses....it was a joke.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:28 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Been wearing glasses since I was 7 years old. No interest in trying contacts.

Glasses are only a problem for sports.

Unless you're vain.

18/12 Kreator
7/2 Primordial
13/2 BLS
3/3 Sanctuary
Old 01-06-2011, 06:54 AM
welp

I just started wearing contacts over the summer. It took me a little bit to get used to putting them in/taking them out, but after that they've been great. I definitely reccommend them.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:18 AM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
When I tried them in the 5th grade I had a lot of trouble getting them in my eyes so I said fuck it. Haven't tried again since, and actually enjoy my glasses and don't find them cumbersome at all in 99% of circumstances. So yep.
I found them pretty easy to get in after some practice, but after wearing them all day they really dry out your eyes.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:06 AM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

One thing I like about contacts is the ability to wear regular sunglasses.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:42 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

What you really want to have done is the surgery - that is, when you can afford it and when your eyes stop changing as much as they do when you're young (probably mid-20's or so). I had it done back in 2002, and I still have 20/20 (maybe 20/30 at worst) vision eight or nine years later. Best two grand I ever fucking spent.

Having said this, I wore glasses from seventh grade or so until high school, when I got contacts. They are hell on some people's eyes, and others don't seem to have problems. Also, some people are squeamish about putting them in - some never get over this, and they switch back. For my part, I never had problems putting contacts in, but they bothered my eyes from time to time which is why I eventually got the surgery (and when I say bothered, I mean to the extent that I had to stop wearing them for a while).

Glasses suck. For everything. Whether you're vain or not. They suck because you can't see at night without fumbling in the dark to put them on; they suck because they can get lost or damaged easily; they suck because they can be uncomfortable at times; they suck because if you wear them you can't wear non-prescription sunglasses (I gots to have my Oakleys, man); they suck because they get fogged up when you're shoveling snow, or when you come in from out in the cold, or whatever; they suck because they get scratched up...you get the picture. I'm just glad I don't have to wear them anymore, and I'm glad I no longer have to wear contacts, either. They're the lessesr of two evils in my mind, as long as you can wear them without a problem. (Tip: The daily wear kind are nice because they don't get funky like the extended wear type.)

Start saving for the surgery now, or just do what I did and apply for twelve (or was it 24?) months interest-free financing when you get it done, pay it off month by month, and enjoy your new-found freedom!

EDIT: Know where else glasses suck? Mosh pits. When you're exercising heavily (or anytime you sweat a lot). When swimming. Seriously, fuck glasses.

Last edited by Natrlhi; 01-06-2011 at 10:48 AM.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:55 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
Glasses suck. For everything. Whether you're vain or not. They suck because you can't see at night without fumbling in the dark to put them on; they suck because they can get lost or damaged easily; they suck because they can be uncomfortable at times; they suck because if you wear them you can't wear non-prescription sunglasses (I gots to have my Oakleys, man); they suck because they get fogged up when you're shoveling snow, or when you come in from out in the cold, or whatever; they suck because they get scratched up...you get the picture. I'm just glad I don't have to wear them anymore, and I'm glad I no longer have to wear contacts, either. They're the lesser of two evils in my mind, as long as you can wear them without a problem. (Tip: The daily wear kind are nice because they don't get funky like the extended wear type.)
Well put, sir. I always get in fistfights with my brother and they always get scratched up.

And seriously guys, if your problem is getting them in, GET DAILIES. I cannot stress this enough. getting Dailies was one of the best decisions of my life. I had the exact same problem with the standard re-usable contacts that you put in your eye and take out each day. It's just so freakin' hard to put contacts in that you've already used the past day(s). It's MUCH, much easier to put in a fresh pair of contacts.
Sure, they are more expensive, like I said in my other post, but ultimately worth it. They're also less irritating than most contacts, in my experience anyway.
Of course, if you prefer glasses because you think you look better in them, then by all means keep wearing them. This is just for those people who'd like to wear contacts but can't for various reasons.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Regretting my username

My biggest problem with glasses is that they get sweaty and oily when I workout, and they fall off very easily. When they fall off, I can't find them (because they're mostly clear and I'm blind.) Mine get scratched a lot too. The maintenance is a bit of a pain; I can never seem to find a microfiber cloth and tissues scratch the lens. I've talked to my family before about surgery, and they said it was a possibility when my eyes stop changing. Doctors says that time is approaching soon, so I may go that route in a few years.

I may be vain (who isn't?) but I want to try a new look. Chopped the hair, lost some weight....the only other visible imperfection that I can change is getting contacts (not that glasses are really a big social problem nowadays.)
Old 01-06-2011, 01:56 PM
N00B

Don't fall asleep with em in too often, especially when your eyes are dehydrated. Eye ulcers suck. Otherwise fuck yeah!
Old 01-06-2011, 02:03 PM
not the mama

I wore glasses from around 4th grade - 10th grade but my eyes weren't too bad, I only wore them to see the board at school. I switched to contacts in 11th grade, although my normal vision has really turned to shit, I fucking love contacts. Seriously, it was like a whole new world when I first got them, everything was beautiful and so clear! I don't wear dailies. I agree that the normal everyday ones get shitty after a couple of weeks but I just replace them with no worries.