Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Godflesh -- San Francisco, CA -- April 20th, 2014
Warrior -- San Marcos, CA -- April 19th, 2014
Impaled -- Oakland, CA -- April 19th, 2014
Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old 05-14-2012, 09:56 AM
mastodon421's Avatar
mastodon421 mastodon421 is offline
Not popular in Buffalo
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Swampscott,Massachusetts
Posts: 6,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageMetal468 View Post
Nowhere to be found on his mp3 player and hopefully not on everybody's various music storage devices, like it was meant to be.
I am not a huge fan of theirs, but I think they are pretty cool. I will say the levels of hate they get on this board is unjustified. I can completely see not liking them, but they aren't even remotely close to garbage. It almost seems to me that certain people are just butthurt that they somewhat sound like Meshuggah and decide to lash out against them because of it.
__________________
5/3 letlive.
5/16 Mastodon
6/21 Fall Out Boy
7/22 Converge

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 05-14-2012, 10:00 AM
GarageMetal468's Avatar
GarageMetal468 GarageMetal468 is offline
How you gonna rip it like this, son?!
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
I am not a huge fan of theirs, but I think they are pretty cool. I will say the levels of hate they get on this board is unjustified. I can completely see not liking them, but they aren't even remotely close to garbage. It almost seems to me that certain people are just butthurt that they somewhat sound like Meshuggah and decide to lash out against them because of it.
I don't hate them because they rip off Meshuggah, I hate them because they flat out suck.
__________________
https://www.facebook.com/nucleusmetal
http://nucleus.bandcamp.com/album/the-colony
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 05-14-2012, 11:33 PM
kalfitegrdan's Avatar
kalfitegrdan kalfitegrdan is offline
Four graves...
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: DeKalb, IL
Posts: 3,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageMetal468 View Post
I don't hate them because they rip off Meshuggah, I hate them because they flat out suck.
Haha, this.

Although admittedly I am butthurt at them for even receiving one vote in consideration for Summer fucking Slaughter.
__________________
4/25 Behemoth
4/26 Possessed ?
4/27 Iron Reagan ?
5/3 Chthonic ?
5/3 Sadistic Intent
5/16 Slayer ?
5/16 War Master
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 05-16-2012, 05:37 AM
Natrlhi's Avatar
Natrlhi Natrlhi is offline
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 7,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
Where's the Vildhjarta
I checked them out a couple of months ago...I suppose they're just OK.

They aren't even remotely close to being as awesome as Meshuggah, though. That's a pet peeve of mine that's well-documented on here - I can't stand when a band comes out and does a little palm-muting on the guitars and / or plays in a time signature other than 4/4 for like five seconds and people start jumping all over their dicks and saying "they sound just like Meshuggah!!!"

No.

Fuck that.

Nobody sounds "just like Meshuggah".

Nobody.
__________________
4/24 Behemoth OR 4/26 IntrOnaut/Cloudkicker/ITTCT (?)
5/9 Mastodon/Gojira/Kvelertak (?)
6/15 MESHUGGAH (?)
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 05-16-2012, 06:15 AM
mastodon421's Avatar
mastodon421 mastodon421 is offline
Not popular in Buffalo
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Swampscott,Massachusetts
Posts: 6,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
I checked them out a couple of months ago...I suppose they're just OK.

They aren't even remotely close to being as awesome as Meshuggah, though. That's a pet peeve of mine that's well-documented on here - I can't stand when a band comes out and does a little palm-muting on the guitars and / or plays in a time signature other than 4/4 for like five seconds and people start jumping all over their dicks and saying "they sound just like Meshuggah!!!"

No.

Fuck that.

Nobody sounds "just like Meshuggah".

Nobody.
Fair enough. Like I said earlier in this thread, I think they are pretty good, but nothing to go crazy about. I was just busting your balls after what you said to me in the Now Playing thread last week when I said their album Masstaden was a better Meshuggah record than Koloss (I was half-kidding, I did like Masstaden more than Koloss, but they don't sound that much like Meshuggah. They are the only band I can understand where the Meshuggah comparison comes from, but they only somewhat sound like Meshuggah. Clearly they both have palm-muted guitars, a focus on groove, and both hail from Sweden, but that really where the similarities stop.. Vildhjarta is way more ambient than Meshuggah and Meshuggah is without a doubt heavier than Vildhjarta (I have a feeling you are already fully aware of that though )
__________________
5/3 letlive.
5/16 Mastodon
6/21 Fall Out Boy
7/22 Converge

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 05-16-2012, 07:59 AM
Natrlhi's Avatar
Natrlhi Natrlhi is offline
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 7,539
Yeah, your description pretty much fits the impression I got when I listened to them.

They are the only band so far that someone said sounds like Meshuggah, that actually does (to some extent).
__________________
4/24 Behemoth OR 4/26 IntrOnaut/Cloudkicker/ITTCT (?)
5/9 Mastodon/Gojira/Kvelertak (?)
6/15 MESHUGGAH (?)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:35 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008