Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Queen -- Columbia, MD -- July 20th, 2014
Deathwish Fest -- Cambridge, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Queen -- Boston, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21st, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 12-28-2010, 02:12 PM
BloodoftheKings's Avatar
BloodoftheKings BloodoftheKings is offline
Rats off to ya
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Strong Island
Posts: 5,932
One time I was talking to my friend and the song "No More Mr Nice Guy" somehow came up.

Friend: Yeah I know that song, it's from family guy.
Me: :facepalm:, No it was a famous song well before it was on family guy.

The Next Day

Friend: I found out who made that song. Megadeth.
Me: :facepalm:
__________________
8/3 - Boris/Subrosa
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-28-2010, 02:17 PM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 17,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colonel View Post
I feel your pain. I once had to explain to my friend's stupid girlfriend that "Sailin' On" was not a No Doubt song, but them butchering the Bad Brains.
To be fair, I wouldn't have known that. They both suck.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

20/7 Onslaught
30/7 King Diamond
1-2/8 BiesenRock Festival
3/8 Lokerse Festival
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-28-2010, 09:58 PM
jhdeity's Avatar
jhdeity jhdeity is offline
Headbanger
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 3,096
Has anyone heard the song Mars by King Crimson? I swear Diamond Head stole the main riff from Mars and used it for Am I Evil.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-28-2010, 10:04 PM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Has anyone heard the song Mars by King Crimson? I swear Diamond Head stole the main riff from Mars and used it for Am I Evil.
Behold, where it all comes from:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0bcRCCg01I
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-17-2011, 09:24 PM
goregutsbleed's Avatar
goregutsbleed goregutsbleed is offline
lying dead on the floor as we dance around and party that your dead
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: chowchilla
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
One time I was talking to my friend and the song "No More Mr Nice Guy" somehow came up.

Friend: Yeah I know that song, it's from family guy.
Me: :facepalm:, No it was a famous song well before it was on family guy.

The Next Day

Friend: I found out who made that song. Megadeth.
Me: :facepalm:
i have a friend who says he was grown up on metal and rock but he had no clue who slayer/metallica/ozzy/alice cooper/iron maiden and others i was like really you werent grown up on metal and rock then he tells me he was and the metal he listened to was soundgarden and nirvana stuff like that i almost punched him in the face but theres nothing wrong with grunge but its not the only form of metal out there and hes into the bands like attack attack and haste the day and calls them original metal
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-17-2011, 09:30 PM
Indestructible's Avatar
Indestructible Indestructible is offline
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 4,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by goregutsbleed View Post
i have a friend who says he was grown up on metal and rock but he had no clue who slayer/metallica/ozzy/alice cooper/iron maiden and others i was like really you werent grown up on metal and rock then he tells me he was and the metal he listened to was soundgarden and nirvana stuff like that i almost punched him in the face but theres nothing wrong with grunge but its not the only form of metal out there and hes into the bands like attack attack and haste the day and calls them original metal
How has someone never heard of Metallica, Ozzy,Slayer,Iron Maiden and Alice Cooper. I figured you come out of the womb knowing those bands.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-17-2011, 09:55 PM
maidenpriest's Avatar
maidenpriest maidenpriest is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 1,631
i had friends who claimed up and down that they loved rock but had never heard of Zeppelin, or Sabbath. >.<
__________________
Dream Theater- 4/20
Iced Earth -5/1
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-17-2011, 10:25 PM
christopher's Avatar
christopher christopher is offline
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Dimas, CA
Posts: 5,823
I once took a girl on a date and she had no idea what "Smashing Pumpkins" was hahaha.
__________________
Who needs salad when you've got Satan?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-18-2011, 08:14 AM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
How has someone never heard of Metallica, Ozzy,Slayer,Iron Maiden and Alice Cooper. I figured you come out of the womb knowing those bands.
No, you come out of the womb knowing all the Beatles songs because the government places chips in every childs head who was born after the breakup to make sure everyone knows all their songs
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-18-2011, 08:26 AM
powerslave_85's Avatar
powerslave_85 powerslave_85 is offline
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Burlington, VT
Posts: 10,977
THIS JUST IN: Teenagers are fucking idiots.
__________________
"COLONEL KLINK, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?!"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:08 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008