Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 01-05-2011, 02:43 PM
Headbanger

Awesome!! Seeing this show tonight
Old 01-18-2011, 11:18 AM
Banned Asshole

I was married to Paul many years ago. He's always had issues with behaviour (to put it that way), and on top of that he took drugs (other than prescribed). He's one of those typical possessive/violent unstable men. He treated me horribly, but, paradoxically as it may sound, I don't believe he's a "bad guy" "deep inside". Just impossible to deal with. Nothing excuses his behaviour and nobody should ever put up with it; at the same time, I have no bad feelings. I even wondered for a moment whether I shouldn't meet him again after all these years, as he once insisted. However, I decided not to - and he went on to tell the local media: "Oh well, big deal, she wasn't that good in bed anyway". He told others I was awesome. Go figure, just the guy he is.
He spoke highly of me in his book - yet when I recall the physical abuse and psychological torture, the memory isn't the most pleasant...

I would be thankful if you'd be reserved in commenting; I'm sharing this out of good will, to clarify speculations on Paul I am reading throughout.

As far as Bruce, I haven't met him, but I've heard he's pretty arrogant. In any case, he is sane and safe to approach. Which can't be said of a significant number of the metal musicians... It is good, of course, they have their outlet in extreme music.

P.S. It is amazing that, after years of abuse, his voice has not abandoned him.
I've also been thinking that, in order to sound the way he does, one gotta be unstable (to put it mildly).
When saying that this or that musician sounds "insane", one rarely realizes how close to the truth that is...

A review I had written about a not-too-distant Di'anno gig:
http://www.myspace.com/dianachav/blog/512104253

Last edited by beyondtheblack; 01-18-2011 at 11:39 AM.

Tags
paul di'anno