Warrior -- San Marcos, CA -- April 19th, 2014
Impaled -- Oakland, CA -- April 19th, 2014
Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 12-22-2010, 09:50 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Now that 2010 is coming to its end....What was the BEST Show you went to this year?

Or should I say SHOWS... for those that can't narrow it down to just one. Seeing how so many of you guys have been to a shitload of gigs this past year I thought it would be nice to see what was the best(and even worst) shows you guys attended for this year.

Unfortunately I can't narrow it down to just one so I will just make a quick little list(1st being the best and last being the worst I guess)

EDIT:

1.Roger Waters: The Wall

2.AMERICAN CARNAGE:
Slayer, Megadeth and Testament

3.SOULFLY....I hate soulfly and there goddamn Nu Metal-tribal pop shtizks that they got going on but I only went to the show for one reason and one reason only and that was to hear Max play those "OLD" tunes that he's famous for and goddamn did he deliver.....Troops of Doom owns you

TIED with

3.Thrasho De Mayo "V" with Evil Dead Reunion, Merciless Death, Diamond Plate, Witch haven, Warbringer too many fucking bands to name

4.Warbringer @ The Whisky in Hollywood:
Can't believe I forgot to add this one. I have seen Warbringer a shitload of times but this was my first time seeing them headline. Warbringer are slowly becoming one of my favorite bands of all time. I've met the band a shitload of times before and after gigs, John Kevil is one of the nicest people I've ever met, unbelievably friendly guy. This show felt so COMPLETE because it was their own gig so they played a pretty long set and they played everything I wanted. Every song I screamed for they played, and not only that but I left the show with a half broken nose and blood and wierd green shit pouring out of my nose profusely like an endless waterfall. Good times

5.Prince Poetry from legendary Hip Hop duo Organized Konfusion:
I grew up listening to these guys through most of my youth in iran so it was a real honor and treat to see one half of this incredible duo perform. The highlight of that show was when Prince Poetry pulled me on stage and gave me the microphone to rap along with him on one of his more famous tunes from his Organized Konfusion Catalogue

6.Gza the Genius of the Wu Tang Clan Performing "Liquid Swords" in its entirety

7.PESTILENCE
This show was really special. Great line up. Pestilence/Vital Remains and Warbringer. It was on a Monday night, THERE WAS BARELY ANYONE ONE AT THIS SHOW... There was about maybe 25-30 people tops!! But it added a nice little vibe to it and everyone that was there was going apeshit and ballistics through out most of the night

I will stop now since I don't want this to go into a "long wall of rambling" as some would put it. But I would like to put Wu Tang Doing 36 chambers, A Tribe Called Quest doing Midnight Marauders as honorary mentions.

Also I'd like to say that Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax/Jagermiester tour was the worst show I have been to this year...Very disappointing concert....Wasn't worth the 2 hour drive or getting beat up by security...would have much rather made the long trek to L.A. to see Triptykon whom played 2 days after this shitty gig

well that's my 2 cent's
5/11 - Saint Vitus

Last edited by Sepultura69; 12-22-2010 at 01:28 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:26 AM
not the mama

1. Blood Duster @ Maryland Deathfest

...yeah I can't rank but that was definetely the funnest time I had at a concert this year.

Other great moments:
Devin Townsend (opening for BTBAM) - 30min set and he easily stole the show. The rest of the concert was a complete wank fest though.

Kreator and Voivod - Voivod especially was really surprising, so much fun despite the fact that I find them boring on CD.

Opeth - Black Water Park set was for the most part a snoozefest but the 2nd set really made up for it!

Maryland Deathfest - Impaled, Autopsy, Jesus Crost, Gorguts, Asphyx etc. (too bad I didn't get to go on the 3rd day )

Boris and Russian Circles - Torche wasn't as great as I was hoping for. Russian Circles and Boris both blew me away. I hope I get to see both bands again sometime soon.

Katatonia - My first time seeing one of my favorite bands, I sang along to everything and had lots of fun for the most part.

Massive Attack - Really fancy venue (Beacon Theater). They give a different feel to their songs live and as perfect as the make their songs on record, they rival them live.

Devin Townsend (headlining) - Now we get a headlining set! Probably my 2nd favorite set of the year.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:39 AM
Bitch, shut up and blast beat my meat like a Pete Sandoval with titties.

I went to a lot of shows this year but these two were the best.

1. Gwar/Dirge Within/Mobile Deathcamp

2. Job For A Cowboy/Skeletonwitch/Misery Index

1/19- Despise You
1/21- Castle
2/14- Hatebreed
3/16- AILD
Old 12-22-2010, 10:47 AM
Pursue happiness with diligence

I very well could be going to it tonight.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:53 AM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

1. Dream Theater
2. Rush
3. Iron Maiden
4. Megadeth
5. Shadows Fall
Old 12-22-2010, 10:54 AM
Rats off to ya

1. Blackdiamondskye Tour - Getting to see AIC was amazing. I dont care what anyone says about the new lineup being fake AIC, William sounds just as good as Layne IMO.
All Bands: Mastodon, Deftones, Alice in Chains

Exodus (opening for Arch Enemy) - Exodus completely stole the show. This is so far the best thrash show i've ever seen.
All Bands: Mutiny Withing, Arsis, Exodus, Arch Enemy

Death Angel (opening for Soilwork) - Similar to Exodus, I could have left the show after DA and still been completely satified. I came to this show to see Soilwork and walked out a bigger fan of Death Angel then Soilwork.
All Bands: Swashbuckle, Mutiny Within, Augury, Death Angel, Soilwork

GWAR - Of course it was awesome it's fuckin GWAR. Cant wait til sunday, seeing the setlist I expect sunday's show to be even better.
All Bands: Mobile Deathcamp, Dirge Within, GWAR

American Carnage - Finally got to see Megadeth this year, hopefully one day I can see these bands without having to sit in seats.
All Bands: Testament, Megadeth, Slayer

Last edited by BloodoftheKings; 12-22-2010 at 11:00 AM.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:02 AM
Bitch, shut up and blast beat my meat like a Pete Sandoval with titties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkwine732 View Post
I very well could be going to it tonight.
i hate you....

1/19- Despise You
1/21- Castle
2/14- Hatebreed
3/16- AILD
Old 12-22-2010, 11:10 AM
That Guy

I'll let you guys decide. Going in chronological order:

1.) Sonata Arctica/Mutiny Within/Powerglove
2.) Nevermore/Warbringer/Blackguard/Hatesphere/Abigail Williams
3.) Blind Guardian/Holy Grail/Seven Kingdoms
Old 12-22-2010, 11:24 AM
Rats off to ya

GWAR on sunday and PEE WEE FUCKIN HERMAN next week might just blow away all the shows I listed before.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:21 PM
Bring Me The Horizon > Opeth

Vektor
04/24 - Iron Reagan
05/13 - SLAYER