Dropdead -- Scottsdale, AZ -- August 30th, 2014
Chevelle -- Wallingford, CT -- August 30th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Old 02-15-2011, 02:33 PM
beware of the quiet one

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokebeer420 View Post
Originally Posted by TehSuckUpPrince
Its hard for me to get into something unless I know the lyrics and like them, even Trivium I didnt like until I was reading there lyrics, and then watched there live performances, I always said they have nice guitar riffs but the vocals chased me off.... Same thing with Vektor, I didnt like until I read the vocals and then seen the band, I need lyrics and some visual assurance.

This is why I say I listen to music for different reasons than most people. I haven't even looked up Vektor's lyrics, I just know I like their music. In most cases, I don't even view music and vocals as linked elements to a sound. It's only when we get vocals that actually act as an instrument that I'd say they're really "musical." I prefer instrumental music to music with vocals these days. Instrumental bands just seem to have their priorities straight.

Lyrics are a non-factor for me.

i agree with the both of you.Its nice to know the lyrics because i like to be able to think of something in my head that i think would match the lyrics and go a little nuts headbanging to it,i also like insrtumentals cause its more chill and relaxingand its more lightly headbang.It really all depends on my mood.
You do know there's a quote button here, right? We're more advanced than the official Mayhem forums.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:57 PM
N00B

i do now
Old 02-15-2011, 06:16 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
In Wine's defense he does put a lot of thought into his picks so I give him credit for that. he knows music I just think trying to be hip went to his head a little.
Wait...what?
Old 02-15-2011, 09:25 PM
We're dying on the inside

Yeah dude...I dunno either. I guess we have agendas when we decide what to like.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:38 AM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vehemence View Post
This is why I say I listen to music for different reasons than most people. I haven't even looked up Vektor's lyrics, I just know I like their music. In most cases, I don't even view music and vocals as linked elements to a sound. It's only when we get vocals that actually act as an instrument that I'd say they're really "musical." I prefer instrumental music to music with vocals these days. Instrumental bands just seem to have their priorities straight.

Lyrics are a non-factor for me.
You are missing out with the vektor lyrics, there pretty sick... All about astrophysics, future warfare and how we are just a spec in the universe.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:00 AM
Banned Asshole

Wine isn't trying to be hip, he likes to consider himself enlightened. He is a try hard snob as evidenced by his name "idrinkwine", he is only 18 years old, he is more in love with the thought of being an expert, then he is of the actual music... I bet you half the shit he says he doesn't even like, he is a fraud, a fake, a poser, and if he acts in RL how he acts on here, he wouldn't be to liked, more than likely he would have gotten beaten the fuck up, I'd like to get in a conversation with him, and show him what real snide is.

Last edited by TehSuckUpPrince; 02-16-2011 at 06:59 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:35 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Can't say I have ever really noticed anything bad about Wines opinions or posts on here, maybe I just dont pay enough attention..

Anyway, I can't say I ahve an agenda when it comes to liking music, I just like what I view to be good music. The whole elitist view of how we should like or listen to music is honestly quite pathetic, noone can control what they like, what they can control is what they allow themselves to know aout it, or what they allow themselves to check out. I've honestly found that most people who preach about being open-minded, are some of the most close-minded there is.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:16 AM
Pursue happiness with diligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehSuckUpPrince View Post
Wine isn't trying to be hip, he likes to consider himself enlightned. He is a try hard snob as evidenced by his name "idrinkwine", he is only 18 years old, he is more in love with being an expert, then he is of the actual music... I bet you half the shit he says he doesn't even like, he is a fraud, a fake, a poser, and if he acts in RL how he acts on here, he wouldn't be to liked, more than likely he would have gotten beaten the fuck up, I'd like to get in a conversion with him, and show him what real snide is.

If by try hard, you mean I try hard to find music I enjoy, then yes. I by no means consider myself an expert in anything, because, as you said, I'm quite young. You're only saying I'm a "fraud" because I think bands like Trivium suck. Also, if you want to look into how I act off of the internet, ask Cheeze. He's the only one to have met me so far.

Also, the idrinkwine name's origin is pretty evident to anyone who's met me before.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:58 AM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkwine732 View Post

If by try hard, you mean I try hard to find music I enjoy, then yes. I by no means consider myself an expert in anything, because, as you said, I'm quite young. You're only saying I'm a "fraud" because I think bands like Trivium suck. Also, if you want to look into how I act off of the internet, ask Cheeze. He's the only one to have met me so far.

Also, the idrinkwine name's origin is pretty evident to anyone who's met me before.

Well there you have it you are a try hard snob on the internet, if you are afraid to push your views in person, then dont do it on the internet and not expect to be called out about it. You couldnt handle yourself in a real conversation with me, be happy you have your keyboard and mouse.

Last edited by TehSuckUpPrince; 02-16-2011 at 07:00 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:03 AM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
Can't say I have ever really noticed anything bad about Wines opinions or posts on here, maybe I just dont pay enough attention..

Anyway, I can't say I ahve an agenda when it comes to liking music, I just like what I view to be good music. The whole elitist view of how we should like or listen to music is honestly quite pathetic, noone can control what they like, what they can control is what they allow themselves to know aout it, or what they allow themselves to check out. I've honestly found that most people who preach about being open-minded, are some of the most close-minded there is.
Wine likes forcing crap on others, it prolly the whole reason why he seeks out new music, just so he can throw it your face. He does have some good taste, but to actually seek out music just for the fact he can brag about it and push it.... He isnt in it for the love of music, he is in it for his on egotistical self.

Last edited by TehSuckUpPrince; 02-16-2011 at 07:17 AM.