Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014
Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 12-14-2010, 11:13 AM
N00B

Rockstar Taste of Chaos Tour -- Manchester, England -- December 12th, 2010

Here is my review for you guys.

So I was offered to go see Disturbed, Papa Roach, Buckcherry and Halestorm in Manchester with a couple of friends with free transport there and back in Manchester. I'm pretty much a huge Disturbed fan so that was the main reason why I decided to go. I do like Papa Roach but mainly their older shit which will always be the best material I've heard from them. I hate Buckcherry, they are seriously on the wrong tour, but I decided to give them a try anyway and Halestorm I find pretty good.

So here we go, we finally arrive in Manchester at around 5PM while the doors were suppose to open at 6PM. We go wait in line for about an hour, but the arsehole staff decide to not open the venue until 6:30PM, the crowd were getting pretty pissed off by this. So anyway, onto Halestorm.

So we manage to get straight to the rails for Halestorm, and within 10 minutes of waiting, they finally come on, and I must say, they started off the night pretty fucking awesomely. They only had a 30 minute set but that didn't prevent them from playing outstanding. The singer's (Forgive me I forgot her name) voice was unbelieveable, agressive yet beautiful and the drummer.. holy shit he was crazy.

Halestorm Set:

It's Not You
What Were You Expecting
Love/Hate Heartbreak
Familiar Taste of Poison
Drum Solo
Dirty Work
I Get Off

After Halestorm left the stage, the crowd were pretty pumped, within 15 minutes Buckcherry came on, this is when the crowd wen't abit crazy. Now as I said before I hate Buckcherry, but I decided to give them a try. To name there performance in one word: 'Boring', They really were the must boringest band I've seen in ages, the singer really pisses me off with him talking about cocaine for about 10 minutes and everything else was just dull. Also, some arsehole decided to shove my friend a number of times during their performance, as I expected he was having none of it and ended up pushing him over, eventually he left haha.

Buckcherry Setlist:

Tired of You
Rescue Me
All Night Long
Oh My Lord
Lit Up
It's a Party
Dead
Crazy Bitch

Finally after the agony of Buckcherry, Papa Roach hit the stage shortly after, the crowd was then full of kids and posers, during the first song some idiot decided to push right infront of me trying to get to the rails, so I decided to elbow him in the ribs then eventually he pissed off. Right, back to the Papa Roach performance, I really tried to enjoy them since I use to love their older stuff, but I just couldn't get into them since their set basically included all of their recent material about from the last couple of songs and the crowd were just non-stop pushing for me to enjoy anything, so it was a shame really, but still, any die-hard Papa Roach fan would of most likely enjoyed their set.

Papa Roach Setlist:

Kick in The Teeth
Lifeline
One Track Mind
Scars
The Enemy
Getting Away With Murder
...To Be Loved
Forever
Burn
Hollywood Whore
Between Angels and Insects

Before Disturbed hit the stage, me and my buddies decided to move back from the rail to get a drink. After we got some beers we didn't decided to hang back with the oldies who came to see Disturbed, we pretty much got a clear view of the stage and it was all good. Finally, Disturbed came on, the atmosphere was outstanding, and loved every minute of their set, halfway through I had about 5 pints of beer within an hour so I was kinda buzzed , me and my friends were singing and headbanging our hearts out. All in out, Disturbed were fucking outstanding, loved every minute of it and the best song of the night was easily Stupify. Only problem I could say is I wish the set could of been longer since it felt that time passed pretty quickly.

Disturbed Setlist:

Remnants
Asylum
The Game
Prayer
Liberate
Land of Confusion
The Animal
Inside the Fire
Stricken
Another Way To Die
Stupify
Ten Thousand Fists
Indestructable

Encore:

Down With The Sickness.

So basically the night was pretty awesome, Disturbed really made up for Buckcherry and Papa Roach hands down. I'd defently go see them again if they ever come back to the UK (Which they rarely do). Hope you enjoy reading my Review . (Oh and I apologise for no pictures or video's)
Old 12-14-2010, 11:53 AM
and you can never quarantine the past

wow, Papa Roach didn't even do Last Resort...
Old 12-14-2010, 12:04 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganarchy View Post
wow, Papa Roach didn't even do Last Resort...
my thoughts exactly. i loved that song when i was 10...wouldnt want to even see them without them playing it
Old 12-14-2010, 12:36 PM
Bitch, shut up and blast beat my meat like a Pete Sandoval with titties.

halestorm and disturbed have the exact same setlist as the uproar tour, buckcherry has their usual setlist, and im pretty surprised at papa roach....and a little disappointed

1/19- Despise You
1/21- Castle
2/14- Hatebreed
3/16- AILD
Old 12-14-2010, 01:19 PM

such a shame papa roach only played one song off their only 2 good albums. if i were to ever see them, it'd be for nostalgia for those albums since i listened to them a lot when i was 10.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Old 12-14-2010, 03:48 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

I might attend a Buckcherry show just to see if chicks really do wanna fuck to them.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:04 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkwine732 View Post
I might attend a Buckcherry show just to see if chicks really do wanna fuck to them.
+1

Wait a minute... +1,000,000
Old 12-14-2010, 04:07 PM
Rats off to ya

@ the Papa Roach set. Their a one hit wonder band and they dont even play their one hit. (Last Resort)
Old 12-14-2010, 04:23 PM
things are more than just what you see

That's a pretty good halestorm set for the time they're given... have seen all but one of those live.buckcherry... that set is horrible. I even like some buckcherry and the fact is that there's just too many decent songs missing.

papa roach... come on... no last resort? other than that fact its a pretty good set I suppose..

disturbed... meh there's nothing to really complain about on that set, not for the time alotted but could be better.

and in all honesty, what a weird ass line up... the only two bands I feel that belong together on that bill is p roach and buckcherry, and even that's a stretch.

edit: and how the hell is this a taste of chaos line up... as much as I like all 4 bands... are any of them save maybe disturbed truly metal? thought that was the point of taste of chaos?

9/21: Uproar Festival
Old 12-14-2010, 04:40 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_streets View Post
halestorm and disturbed have the exact same setlist as the uproar tour, buckcherry has their usual setlist, and im pretty surprised at papa roach....and a little disappointed
Disturbed has changed one song. On Uproar they did a medley of four songs off The Sickness but they've taken that out and are doing The Animal now. I know it's nothing major but that's the only set change. I know they've got a lot of big hits they feel need to be played but Disturbed's sets are getting pretty boring now.

Tags
buckcherry, disturbed, halestorm, papa roach