Deafheaven -- Toronto, Ontario -- September 19th, 2014
DragonForce -- Aberdeen, Scotland -- September 18th, 2014
Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 12-13-2010, 05:35 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicbrian666 View Post
I'd much rather have a shitty nu metal band with Max than a pseudo thrash band.
Then there is no help for you.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:38 PM
N00B

btw Sepultura now is amazing live. Saw them at Hellfest few months ago and they completely DESTROYED!! Fuck all this reunion bullshit, this band is great the way it is now!
Old 12-13-2010, 06:19 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicbrian666 View Post
To compare the current lineup of Sepultura to Exodus and Cannibal Corpse is pointless.

Exodus and Cannibal both still have the main songwriters in the group (Holt and Webster) and retain their sound. Meanwhile, Sepultura are releasing boring, experimental garbage under the name of a legendary death thrash band.
Max and Andreas where the main song writers for Sepultura. There is an old interview I saw where Max praises Kisser and says Andreas "Completes" him, something along the lines of those words. They where the main song writers, Max left and Andreas kept the band moving forward
"Max = Sepultura" is bogus, and how is comparing Sepultura to Exodus and Cannibal Corpse pointless? All these bands are missing important members and still hold key members and song writers at the same time. The last two Sepultura albums where great and this new one being produced by Roy Z will be no different.
11/14 - Slayer
Old 12-13-2010, 06:35 PM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
Max and Andreas where the main song writers for Sepultura. There is an old interview I saw where Max praises Kisser and says Andreas "Completes" him, something along the lines of those words. They where the main song writers, Max left and Andreas kept the band moving forward
"Max = Sepultura" is bogus, and how is comparing Sepultura to Exodus and Cannibal Corpse pointless? All these bands are missing important members and still hold key members and song writers at the same time. The last two Sepultura albums where great and this new one being produced by Roy Z will be no different.
I agree with Sepultura69 on this one. There is nothing wrong with the new era of Sepultura. Mind War=
Old 12-13-2010, 07:27 PM
N00B

your name is sepultura69. i'd say you have a slightly biased opinion and would not honestly look at fair criticism at the current band.
Mineral-9/6
Joyce Manor-9/15
Uncle Acid-9/26
Old 12-13-2010, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
your name is sepultura69. i'd say you have a slightly biased opinion and would not honestly look at fair criticism at the current band.
Yes I do. First off I think everything Sepultura came out with after "Chaos A.D" is total and utter dog shit. "Roots" is a horrible crappy tribal pop-nu metal educed excuse of an album. "Against" is a pretty shitty terrible album as well, I can't stand one track on that record. "Nation" is a very bad album too, don't even get me started with "Nation". I loath all those albums, they all suck simple and plain. However I really do like "roorback", "Dante XXI" and there newest release "A-Lex" alot. Sepultura have released 3 awesome albums after Max left compared to Soufly which has never released one good album.
11/14 - Slayer
Old 12-13-2010, 09:04 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Yup....Just like how most people that go see Exodus these days think its the "Original band". I don't see no Paul Ballof(R.I.P)....I thought this was suppose to be the original "Exodus"??? Since Chris Barnes, Jack Owen and Bob Rusay are not in Cannibal Corpse anymore I think we can safely assume the current line up of Cannibal Corpse is a "cover band"......Am I right?....
I'm gonna throw my two cents on this one just cuz what I think you're saying is slightly, well, wrong. Exodus and Cannibal Corpse lost members, yes, prominent ones too, however, their core songwriting team or even member has remained consistent. Webster has and continues to be the main songwriter in Cannibal Corpse, mostly lyrcially qith quite a bit of say in the musical side of things. Gary Holt for Exodus is the same. Napalm Death were a different deal since their founding member left as his other band took off and he had to tour, that being the dude from Carcass. Sepultura lost the two founding members, and the two MAIN song-writers. And even with that, they lost them at the height of their career commercially. Napalm Death lost theirs early on, and Cannibal Corpse and Exodus have lost theirs through various happenings within the band. Hell the current line up of Sepultura were gonna change their name not too long ago, so they clearly know they aren't the 'true' Sepultura.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
Sepultura were gonna change their name not too long ago, so they clearly know they aren't the 'true' Sepultura.
I'm calling bullshit on that. When was this? A link would be nice aswell. This sounds like something Max Cavalera would say in an interview(especially with his recent runnings of random bullshit rants of "he said she said" malarkey)

Quote:
Sepultura lost the two founding members, and the two MAIN song-writers. And even with that, they lost them at the height of their career
No. And No.

Max and Igor where not the main Song writers of Sepultura. Max has said in countless interviews that he and Andreas where the main song writers of Sepultura and that Igor did "come up with some cool beats here and there" and that Paolo didn't do jack shit in the band. As for "Height of there Career".....Whether it was during there career defining moments it still doesn't change the fact that they where heading towards a bad direction, musically(Roots is a horrible album and so is everything that has been released by Soulfy thus far)
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 12-13-2010 at 09:39 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:25 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
I'm calling bullshit on that. When was this? A link would be nice aswell. This sounds like something Max Cavalera would say in an interview(especially with his recent runnings of random bullshit rants of "he said she said" malarkey)

No. And No.

Max and Igor where not the main Song writers of Sepultura. Max has said in countless interviews that he and Andreas where the main song writers of Sepultura and that Igor did "come up with some cool beats here and there" and that Paolo didn't do jack shit in the band. As for "Height of there Career".....Whether it was during there career defining moments it still doesn't change the fact that they where heading towards a bad direction, musically(Roots is a horrible album and so is everything that has been released by Soulfy thus far)
In point one, I have an issue of Metal Hammer which states it, it was the band themselves, not Max. Obviously they decided it against it, but it was definitely the band that were thinking about it.

In point two, YES they were the founding members, thats how the band started, with the Igors jamming together. Fair point Andreas had a great say in things once he came on board to solidify a gigging line up, but to continue on without the two dudes that gave him the chance in the first place is wrong IMO, his writing, much like Max's, is becoming stagnant, I will agree Dante had some FANTASTIC moments, the violin in Ostia has always brought a tear to my eye, but the last album barely even sounds like Sepultura anymore. And true, but they were getting HUGE, they'd be playing much bigger venues now if Max was still with them..
Old 12-13-2010, 10:52 PM

Quote:
In point two, YES they were the founding members, thats how the band started, with the Igors jamming together.
Your point?....We all know the Cavaleras were the founding members. We're talking about Main song writers which were Andreas and Max....not who the founding members are.

Quote:
Fair point Andreas had a great say in things once he came on board to solidify a gigging line up, but to continue on without the two dudes that gave him the chance in the first place is wrong IMO, his writing, much like Max's, is becoming stagnant, I will agree Dante had some FANTASTIC moments, the violin in Ostia has always brought a tear to my eye, but the last album barely even sounds like Sepultura anymore.
Whats wrong with continuing a band he helped built and create? He's motivated and still want's to go on with the good name that he helped make back when he joined in 87' and I respect him alot for that. Max left and Andreas wanted to go on and I look extremely forward to headbanging with him in January

I don't know what the problem with A-LEX is. It has a lot of epic and heavy tuness like Moloko Mesto, We've Lost you, Sadistic Values, Strike, The Treatment ect.

Quote:
And true, but they were getting HUGE, they'd be playing much bigger venues now if Max was still with them..
That's true. They definitely wouldn't be playing at the House of blues by my place which is fairly small.
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 12-14-2010 at 08:44 AM.

Tags
sepultura