Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 11-30-2010, 10:12 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

Blind Guardian -- Minneapolis, MN -- November 30th, 2010

I just got back from the MN. show and they were BEYOND AMAZING!!!!!!!! And to the person who said Hansi should sing along to a recording: FUCK THAT!!! He sounded fine to me.

Into The Storm
Welcome to Dying
Born in a Mourning Hall
Nightfall
Fly
Time Stands Still (At the Iron Hill)
Banish from Sanctuary
Bright Eyes
Lord of the Rings
A Voice in the Dark
Imaginations From The Other Side
---
Sacred Worlds
The Bard's Song - In the Forest
Valhalla
Mirror Mirror

I'm pretty certain that's correct, but please let me know if I'm wrong.

Hansi said there was some sort of handicap so they had to drop the 2 longer songs. Still, it was my first BG show ever and I didn't care. WOW! WOW! WOW!

Also, here are some pics for those interested: http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...nd%20Guardian/

P.S. It feels good to give a setlist for a show that I actually attended!

Last edited by Travis The Dragon; 12-01-2010 at 04:17 PM.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:54 PM
Wrath!

Quite unfortunate about the time constraint, but looks like a great set anyways. Cool of them to replace with shorter songs instead of dropping them completely like a lot of bands do. These guys deserve more recognition. Not that they're very unrecognized, but the number of BG fans should be equal to the human population of earth at all times. Conjoined twins counting as two fans.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:01 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

I'd prefer Sacred Worlds to be the first song, but no problems with that set at all.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:26 PM
Homebrewing Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkwine732 View Post
I'd prefer Sacred Worlds to be the first song, but no problems with that set at all.
Depends. Did they do the War of Wrath intro to Into the Storm? Nothing beats that as an opening number if you ask me.

We miss you Ronnie...
Old 11-30-2010, 11:42 PM
That Guy

Just got back home from the show.

Damn It Fonz! I have the setlist and I really wanted to be the one to post it. Oh well. But the setlist is correct, just switch Banish From Sanctuary and Bright Eyes. I don't think I saw you at the show. But the pictures are cool.

They did the War Of Wrath intro then Into The Storm.

To give a very quick review.

Seven Kingdoms....better in studio then live. I rarely say that bout a band. The lead singer is hot as fuck, but as my lead singer said, it's like they got Miss Teen Florida to the lead singer.

Holy Grail...HOLY FUCK! That should say it all. I'll be seeing them again with Eluveitie and 3 Inches of Blood in February.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:20 AM
Wrath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Holy Grail...HOLY FUCK! That should say it all. I'll be seeing them again with Eluveitie and 3 Inches of Blood in February.
Nice to see them gaining some more fans. Great, energetic band. I'd be going to Eluveitie regardless, but Holy Grail is more than enough reason to show up very early. They're really fun live, too.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:34 AM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Careenifier View Post
Nice to see them gaining some more fans. Great, energetic band. I'd be going to Eluveitie regardless, but Holy Grail is more than enough reason to show up very early. They're really fun live, too.
They really are. I hope these guys make it far. They absolutely deserve it. My singer has talked about these guys for a long time, I never realized how badass they were until tonight.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:52 AM
Wrath!

For sure. Looking forward to seeing them evolve. Man, I will NEVER forgive the promoters here for passing up on this show.. Fucking WINNIPEG, CALGARY, and EDMONTON get this tour for god's sake! They sold out last time they were here... Almost like they have some secret level of popularity. Don't know who thought it was a good idea to book bands like Aborted and Evile instead of the might Guardian. I'm sure the turnouts (or lack thereof) said that quite clearly, though.

But oh well. HG coming in February. Now for Blind Guardian to open up for Judas Priest or Iron Maiden....

...I can dream .
Old 12-01-2010, 04:16 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Just got back home from the show.

Damn It Fonz! I have the setlist and I really wanted to be the one to post it. Oh well. But the setlist is correct, just switch Banish From Sanctuary and Bright Eyes. I don't think I saw you at the show. But the pictures are cool.

They did the War Of Wrath intro then Into The Storm.

To give a very quick review.

Seven Kingdoms....better in studio then live. I rarely say that bout a band. The lead singer is hot as fuck, but as my lead singer said, it's like they got Miss Teen Florida to the lead singer.

I made it in time to see the last half of the 2nd band's song. I'm assuming it was Holy Grail? It would have been cool to see them since I've never heard their music, but BG WAY MORE than made up for it! I was in the upper balcony. GREAT sight lines up there! Also, thanks for correcting me on the setlist. I'll fix it.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:33 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzbear2000 View Post
I made it in time to see the last half of the 2nd band's song. I'm assuming it was Holy Grail? It would have been cool to see them since I've never heard their music, but BG WAY MORE than made up for it! I was in the upper balcony. GREAT sight lines up there! Also, thanks for correcting me on the setlist. I'll fix it.
Yeah that was Holy Grail. Besides some short eye candy you didn't miss anything by missing Seven Kingdoms.

I was right in front of Hansi, to the left of his mic stand. Also in very poser-ish happiness, I was the first guy to get a hi-five from Hansi. I'm pretty proud of that since I didn't get to hang out with any of Blind Guardian after the show. The security at The Cabooze are real assholes.

No a problem man. I feel fortunate to get a setlist. If I had a camera that worked, I'd take a picture of it.

Tags
blind guardian