Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014
Cannabis Corpse -- Chicago, IL -- December 17th, 2014
Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014
It Lies Within -- Westland, MI -- December 16th, 2014

Old 12-30-2010, 07:05 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
1) Give the song an identity? All riffs give songs their identity. What kind of stupid statement is that?

2) The song is about respect for your fellow man and not talking about people behind their backs. "Walk on home boy" is really an afterthought.

4) I will take any song off of RIS over Walk except WGTAFALT, and Yesterday Don't Mean Shit as well as I'll Cast a Shadow are both practically top 10 Pantera.
1) I meant give the song an identity in that it has become so well known because of that riff. Essentially that riff is the songs identity, its why it has become what it has become.

2) Indeed it is, 'Walk on home boy' is essentially a nice way to ring in the outro. No idea why you would even question the lyrics in your original statement if you knew what they meant.

4) I wouldn't, most of reinventing the steel echoes what was going on in the band, they weren't communicating as much or getting along as much so the songs aren't as well constructed or inspired. Revolution Is My Name, Goddam Electric, Yesterday Don't Mean Shit and depending on my mood I'll Cast A Shadow would be contenders for a top ten Pantera though, still Walk is better than the rest of that.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:48 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
2) Indeed it is, 'Walk on home boy' is essentially a nice way to ring in the outro. No idea why you would even question the lyrics in your original statement if you knew what they meant.

Because I didn't understand why the song was called "Walk" as opposed to "Respect" It's like they just threw in a random third syllable. There is really no sane way to tie the song lyrically to "walk" or "walking."
Old 12-30-2010, 08:09 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Because I didn't understand why the song was called "Walk" as opposed to "Respect" It's like they just threw in a random third syllable. There is really no sane way to tie the song lyrically to "walk" or "walking."
There is, its voiced as the last lyric in the song, 'walk on home boy', as in walk away.. The whole song lyrically is essentially someone turning to another person and saying 'I know what you've said about me, you'd better walk away from this and learn to respect me'.. Plus, calling it walk makes it more unique as a song title, as you said in your original post, there is already a song called respect..
Old 12-31-2010, 09:13 AM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

well, I'm glad this thread gives us a bit of passion over songs or albums. I for one think that Dextrimental has a valid point over the Walk riff. It gave it all it needed to become what it becomes. And it's one of the most know Pantera riff ever. I never had the chance of seiing Pantera live, but by jugging the crowd reaction on the live 101 Proof thing, it's clear that the crowd was going nuts over this song. When I saw Damage Plan in 2004 the finished the show with it and it was obviously the most appreciated songs in their set. But imho it's really not the best song on the album, there is a handfull of songs that I like better...

...moving on to the next album on the list...

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Last edited by PowerMaiden; 12-31-2010 at 12:57 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:23 AM

POSITION # : 82

Track Listing

1. Hells Bells
2. Shoot To Thrill
3. What Do You Do For Money Honey
4. Given The Dog A Bone
5. Let Me Put My Love Into You
6. Back In Black
7. You Shook Me All Night Long
8. Have A Drink On Me
9. Shake A Leg
10. Rock And Roll Ainít Noise Polution

I have always enjoy AC DC , I'm not a hardcore fan by any means, I saw them once in concert, in 1988 and I don't think I would go again. Not because I did not enjoy it but there is certain bands I only wanted to see once. This album is my favorite of theirs and I have heard these songs so many times over the years that It's impossible no to include the album in my list. A pure rock and roll garage feel album !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 12-31-2010, 09:29 AM
Bitch, shut up and blast beat my meat like a Pete Sandoval with titties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerMaiden View Post
This album is my favorite of theirs and I have heard these songs so many times over the years that It's impossible no to include the album in my list.
i think that is what a lot of people say about this album/band
Old 12-31-2010, 10:06 AM

AC\DC is over, time for the next spin already !

POSITION # : 81

Track Listing

1. The Ultimate Sin
2. Secret Loser
3. Never Know Why
4. Thank God For The Bomb
5. Never
6. Lightning Strikes
7. Killer Of Giants
8. Fool Like You
9. Shot In The Dark

IMHO the most underrated Ozzy release. It is beter than everything he ever done solo with exception of the timeless Blizzard Of Ozz. I saw that show in 1986 in Montreal (I even shook Jake E. Lee's hand outside before the show)and it was magic. Ozzy was still scary back then, not the clown he his now. This album is flawless, the sound is rich and Ozzy's voice is great. I have listen to this a lot in the 80's , I should put it more...

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 12-31-2010, 12:28 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
So yea, after reading that, I guess finding out you got into this album through that song was the straw that broke the camel's back.
I've got news for you 'Walk' was the first big single off the album and it was the song that got a lot of people, myself included, into Pantera. Handbangers Ball played that video a ton. So it's not just PowerMaiden who became a fan because of this song. Pantera's fanbase was largely made on this track.

Please know your history before going off like that and getting angry about 'Walk' being the song that got somebody into the band. Without 'Walk' Pantera would not have become what they did. What 'Breaking The Law' is to Priest is what 'Walk' is to Pantera.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:33 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
So it's not just PowerMaiden who became a fan because of this song. Pantera's fanbase was largely made on this track.
This fact I already knew.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:49 AM

POSITION # : 80

Track Listing

1. Last Exit
2. Spin The Black Circle
3. Not For You
4. Tremor Christ
5. Nothingman
6. Whipping
7. pry. To
8. Corduroy
9. Bugs
10. Satanís Bed
11. Better Man
12. Aye Davanita
13. Immortality
14. Hey Foxymophandlemama, Thatís me

The first 3 albums of PJ are all classics in my opinion. For their 3 rd album, spite, groove, intensity, passion was there as always also the softer side was also not forgotten. This album is the continuity of the first 2.They even allowed temselves to go to certains era where they hadnít been before, to the punkier side (Spin The Black Circle) to the crazyness of Bugs or the last track to the almost divine one ( Immortallity), Vitalogy demonstrates well all the potential that this group had in this state of their carrer. Eddie Vedder has a sublime voice, absolutely poignant and intense as rarely heard by me. He delivers his text with such a fury (Not For You) and such an emotion that I immediately was ammaze by him and the band. This album also contains all the ingredients which made the classic Pearl Jam sound from their origin . A great record Ö

I saw Pearl Jam 3 times in concert and if was not because they took a bend too much smooth and less furious after Binaural I would have continue to follow them. I donít really know what happened with them after Riot Act (2002) but from what I heard playing on the radio it didnít seem as groovy as it was. Too mellow I think. Still a great band that highly changed me , expect the first 2 albums somewhere down my list.

Cheers !
PowerMaiden