Warrior -- San Marcos, CA -- April 19th, 2014
Impaled -- Oakland, CA -- April 19th, 2014
Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Old 04-28-2011, 10:26 AM
N00B

Definitely make your own 100 list. I loved this one. I like seeing a new album everyday.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:36 AM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Not to try to steal this thread's thunder, but I've kinda been in the process of constructing a "100 Favorite Albums" list, specifically choosing to not repeat artists - but I'm unsure if I want to make it as big of a deal as this - largely because of the lack of interest in "my" music from a lot of people on this forum. Is anyone interested in having me go through with it?
I am!
Old 04-28-2011, 11:55 AM
N00B

Now I want to do one.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:20 PM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

Lists are great ! Bring 'em on !!

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 04-28-2011, 02:24 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerMaiden View Post
Lists are great ! Bring 'em on !!

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
The album I was referring to earlier is Judas Priest - Unleashed in the East.

The 1st album I ever owned was Alice Cooper - Live it to Death. My brother bought it to me for my 8th birthday. hahaha

1st album I ever bought was Deep Purple - Machine Head. My Mom bought me Humble Pie - Smokin' thinking it was Smoke on the Water so I had to get DP myself. I did jam 30 Days in a Hole for a while though.

Then Kiss came along. Hotter than Hell was my 1st taste then Kiss Alive. Then I got the rest and was hooked for all of my early teen years then it happened...

My brother used to jam Hell Bent for Leather every day for at least a year. My alarm clock was either Evil Fantasies, Take on the World, Delivering the Goods or Green Manalishi every morning. After all that pounding when I heard Unleased in the East it changed everything. The Ripper, Diamonds & Rust, Running Wild, Tyrant and of course Victim of Changes. To me the best live album ever made and the album that influenced my future musical taste more than any other.

And like your 2 Top live albums, years later I found an import version with 4 bonus tracks that blew my mind. To have Starbreaker, Hell Bent for Leather, Rock Forever & Delivering the Goods added to what was already my favorite live album just put it over the top.

Then to go back and rediscover Dissident Aggressor, Island of Domination, Deceiver and the all-mighty Beyond the Realms of Death among others all thanks to Unleashed in the East made that album legendary to me.

Looking over your list I'm almost certain you would love old Priest if you really got into it. I saw Maiden open for Priest twice and have them to thank for turning me onto Maiden as early as they did. Leading directly to another top 5, you #1 Number of the Beast. Those bands are forever linked to me...
6/29 - Primus
8/4 - Soundgarden & NIN
9/27 - Clutch & Janes Addiction
Old 04-28-2011, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
The album I was referring to earlier is Judas Priest - Unleashed in the East.

The 1st album I ever owned was Alice Cooper - Live it to Death. My brother bought it to me for my 8th birthday. hahaha

1st album I ever bought was Deep Purple - Machine Head. My Mom bought me Humble Pie - Smokin' thinking it was Smoke on the Water so I had to get DP myself. I did jam 30 Days in a Hole for a while though.

Then Kiss came along. Hotter than Hell was my 1st taste then Kiss Alive. Then I got the rest and was hooked for all of my early teen years then it happened...

My brother used to jam Hell Bent for Leather every day for at least a year. My alarm clock was either Evil Fantasies, Take on the World, Delivering the Goods or Green Manalishi every morning. After all that pounding when I heard Unleased in the East it changed everything. The Ripper, Diamonds & Rust, Running Wild, Tyrant and of course Victim of Changes. To me the best live album ever made and the album that influenced my future musical taste more than any other.

And like your 2 Top live albums, years later I found an import version with 4 bonus tracks that blew my mind. To have Starbreaker, Hell Bent for Leather, Rock Forever & Delivering the Goods added to what was already my favorite live album just put it over the top.

Then to go back and rediscover Dissident Aggressor, Island of Domination, Deceiver and the all-mighty Beyond the Realms of Death among others all thanks to Unleashed in the East made that album legendary to me.

Looking over your list I'm almost certain you would love old Priest if you really got into it. I saw Maiden open for Priest twice and have them to thank for turning me onto Maiden as early as they did. Leading directly to another top 5, you #1 Number of the Beast. Those bands are forever linked to me...

aaahhh Judas Priest I should have guessed it hehehe...good band, I won't even try that live album though, back a few years ago I got Painkiller thanks to recomendation of a few Metalsetlister saying to me that this is one of Priest greatest. I thought it was not bad at best, for some reason I can't go apeshit over Priest...

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 04-28-2011, 03:35 PM
We're dying on the inside

Incidentally NOTB would be my #1 on this same kind of extremely personal list. It was my first metal album when I was 12 years old and it honestly changed who I am as a person more than any other one thing (or person) in my life thus far.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Incidentally NOTB would be my #1 on this same kind of extremely personal list. It was my first metal album when I was 12 years old and it honestly changed who I am as a person more than any other one thing (or person) in my life thus far.

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 04-28-2011, 03:37 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerMaiden View Post
aaahhh Judas Priest I should have guessed it hehehe...good band, I won't even try that live album though, back a few years ago I got Painkiller thanks to recomendation of a few Metalsetlister saying to me that this is one of Priest greatest. I thought it was not bad at best, for some reason I can't go apeshit over Priest...

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Yeah Painkiller would be my 6th or 7th favorite Priest cd if that. Sad Wings of Destiny though dated sounding is incredible. Another mortal lock for my Top 15 or 20. Hell Bent for Leather would be Top 20-25 also.

Even though the album Stained Class is an aquired taste the The song Beyond the Realms of Death is one of the best metal songs ever penned in my not-so-humble opinion. Right up there with Hallowed Be Thy Name.
6/29 - Primus
8/4 - Soundgarden & NIN
9/27 - Clutch & Janes Addiction
Old 04-28-2011, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Sad Wings of Destiny

Hell Bent for Leather

Stained Class is an aquired taste the The song Beyond the Realms of Death is one of the best metal songs ever penned in my not-so-humble opinion. Right up there with Hallowed Be Thy Name.

To be quite honest thought I don't know any of these although I think the song 'The Ripper' (which I really like) is on one of these

maybe one day I'll try that Unleashed In The East

Cheers !
PowerMaiden