Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Pallbearer -- Champaign, IL -- October 19th, 2014
Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014
Sammy Hagar -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 18th, 2014
Tony MacAlpine -- Vienna, VA -- October 19th, 2014
Neurosis -- Tucson, AZ -- October 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Old 04-26-2011, 01:34 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerMaiden View Post
POSITION # : 3

Track Listing
1. Fight Fire With Fire
2. Ride The Lightning
3. For Whom The Bell Tolls
4. Fade To Black
5. Escape
6. Trapped Under Ice
7. Creeping Death
8. The Call Of Ktulu

The album that made me realise that there was something else than Iron Maiden in music. When I first heard this I really was amazed by how good these guys were and this album was. I was only listening to Iron Maiden until this day I was at a record store and I picked up this Ride The Lightning casette. I didn't know the band, I had never heard of them but I thought they had a cool name and the artwork looked somehow great to me. When I made it listen to my friends (who were like me only in Maiden, with maybe Priest and Sabbath) they were freaking out too . What is that !?! It's so fucking good !!! they were saying hehehe...

I don't listen to Metallica anymore even this masterpiece that changed me so much, after years of dissapointement and let down, slopy live playing and just a general bad taste about them. They're not the shadow of the band they were in the 80's in my humble opinion. I hate them now, I hate everything they've become, but I can't deny this album as my 3 rd most life changing album

R.I.P. Cliff

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
This would be #1 on my list, but 3 is a very respectable position. Excellent list and one of the most entertaining threads I've seen in a while. Looking forward to 1 & 2.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:04 PM
Headbanger

Great choice and great pic of the album cover. Man that thing just explodes off my monitor. I might make it my background it looks so damn good.

Being someone who has openly defended Codename: Sunlight... on here many times, I'd have a hard time defending it over RTL.

But in the context of albums that changed your life it makes perfect sense.

On my list this album would be #2 behind an album that didn't even make your Top 101 ironically. We would still have at least 60-70 of the same albums so Up The Irons for that!
Old 04-26-2011, 02:11 PM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post

On my list this album would be #2 behind an album that didn't even make your Top 101 ironically. We would still have at least 60-70 of the same albums so Up The Irons for that!

after I finish my thread you post that album here dude, I wanna know

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 04-26-2011, 03:25 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

I have a feeling fans would defend Codename: Sunlight a lot more if it was actually played live.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:27 PM
Hagbard Celine, H.M., S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post

One of the best the Big 4 put out
Agreed. To me it's definitely the most vivid in terms of sound.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:01 PM
N00B

My number one album of all time
Old 04-27-2011, 09:37 AM

POSITION # : 2

Track Listing
1. Where Eagles Dare
2. Revelations
3. Flight Of Icarus
4. Die With Your Boots On
5. The Trooper
6. Still Life
7. Quest For Fire
8. Sun And Steel
9. To Tame A Land

I got this not that long after it came out. In the automn of 1983. After purchasing Number Of The Beast (the very first album I ever bought) I managed to get a hand of the other 3. All amazing albums but Piece Of Mind is better, to me at least it's way better than Killers and the s\t. It gets to me more. Where Eagles Dare, Where Fucking Eagles Dare for Christ Sake !!! My 2 nd best Maiden song ever open the hostilities furiously ! That opening pounding drum roll by Nicko is just mindblowing. Like they wanted to make a stand and say: You better fasten your seatbelts muterfuckers cause we're gonna get you !! The machine gun technique of 'Arry and Nicko on this song just fucking gives me the chills everytime. If it would be me they would play it at every fucking concert. They really should. But it's way more than that this album. It's got 7 100% Maiden classic stamped songs on it. When you blast this album you just have to ackknowledge the immensity of it. Iron Fucking Maiden !! Everything that defines them is there: Galops, riffage, exchange of solos,twin axe attack, serious groove by the rhythm section,vocaly Bruce is on fire. It kills all the way throught and it's still really relevant today. I still pop it in pretty often and just enjoy it as much as it was 28 years ago. I even enjoy Quest For Fire and Sun And Steel seriously. Grandiose album that changed me not only as far a metalhead but also as a human beiing. I knew right there that I would devote all my life to Iron Maiden, after hearing Piece Of Mind that was it, they confirmed to me that they were it, I never doubted it after that...

Up The Irons Forever !!

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 04-27-2011, 09:42 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

OH SHIT. ONE MORE LEFT.
11/14 - Slayer
Old 04-27-2011, 10:46 AM

there is no need to keep it for tomorrow, I just finished another listen of this masterpiece ands now is the time to end this thing.

The album that changed my life the most is:

POSITION # : 1

Track Listing
1. Invaders
2. Children Of The Damned
3. The Prisoner
4. 22 Acacia Avenue
5. The Number Of The Beast
6. Run To The Hills
7. Gangland
8. Hallowed Be Thy Name

...automn of 1983, Intrigued by those Maiden t-shirts worn by so many people at my new highschool I decided to buy this album. The cover art is great but I didn't even listen to it . I just throwed it on my desk in my room at home and it stayed there for a month... Finally one day I decided to listen to it...

Bang ! It just grabbed my soul and throw it on the floor. Feelings I had never experienced before. WOW !! Aggressivity, hunger, emotions, precission of a chirugical surgeon, pure talent of the musicians, a creativity that totally connected with me, a form of expression that I really needed at this point in my young life. Iron Maiden is made for me I realized. Just like sex, you realised that you always want to have some more. Shivers down my spine, the urge to scream, headbang or even break some furniture. I discovered my life thanks to this album and I have never looked behind since...

thanks to people who commented along the way, I had a lot of fun revisiting all those amazing albums...

and most importantly, Up The Fucking Irons !!

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 04-27-2011, 11:27 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Well I was off.

I figured because of Where Eagles Dare, Piece of Mind would take the grand prize. Alas it was not meant to be.

It's ok though, NOTB is my favorite album of all time.